• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha. Not likely to get me in the same room as that fella. Though love the answer about only wanting players who want to be here given what someone (rafsmog possibly) said about him not wanting to be here after next season. A little hypocritical I'd say.

Not really. He's actually doing a job, for one thing, not sitting around and picking up a wage, which I assume the players he's referring to are doing.

Say what you want about the level of job he's doing, but you can guarantee that the bloke will be putting a hell of a lot of hours in.

Also, he might be retiring after Boro for all we know.

Nah Tom, I think Tudders is right, we should all open a petition to make sure he's here for another 5 years to stop this awful hypocrisy from taking place.

Feel free. Can't see many signatures being collected though.

I'd rather sign one to get rid of him to stop this awful anti football taking place

I know, it would only be your name in that petition as you're the only one who thinks he's being a hypocrite when he's the one committed to the length of his contract and the players he's talking about aren't. I don't think he ever had any intention of staying beyond the 18 months or he'd have been given a longer contract. It doesn't remotely question his commitment for the duration of his time here though.

You seriously think that I'm the only Boro fan that would prefer him not be here? Seriously?

Ojo, hugill, waghorn and besic would be a fairly satisfying end to the transfer window. Would prefer full backs to be upgraded too though, really think they'll be targeted all next season as it stands.

Would be happy with that. If Traore signs a new contract then that’s a very good window. Just need rb/lb cover.

I know, it would only be your name in that petition as you're the only one who thinks he's being a hypocrite when he's the one committed to the length of his contract and the players he's talking about aren't. I don't think he ever had any intention of staying beyond the 18 months or he'd have been given a longer contract. It doesn't remotely question his commitment for the duration of his time here though.

You seriously think that I'm the only Boro fan that would prefer him not be here? Seriously?

That's not what he said.

That's not what he said.

He said it would only be my name on the petition to get rid of him and stop this anti football. Yes, that's what he said

Ill be waiting to see how it plays out before I ask for anyones head

I am not much for entertainment value when it comes to sport anyway, specialy not when it comes to the team in my heart. I wouldent love my children less if they where ugly, probably would love them more.... I would probably love them less if they wouldent do their best in life though, same with this football team

and yes I been drinking wine....

Ill be waiting to see how it plays out before I ask for anyones head

I am not much for entertainment value when it comes to sport anyway, specialy not when it comes to the team in my heart. I wouldent love my children less if they where ugly, probably would love them more.... I would probably love them less if they wouldent do their best in life though, same with this football team

and yes I been drinking wine....

Beautifully put

That's not what he said.

He said it would only be my name on the petition to get rid of him and stop this anti football. Yes, that's what he said

No it's not. Go back and have a read. Dear me.

I reckon we’re going to end up with:

• Besic & Bryan permanent

• Ojo & Hugill loan

Yes to that although we would likely need grant to go before besic can sign.

That's not what he said.

No it's not. Go back and have a read. Dear me.

I said, and I quote "i'd rather sign one to get rid of him to stop this awful anti football taking place". You wrote "I know, it would be only your name in that petition". Your reasons for believing that are irrelevant. The petition I mentioned was to get rid as I don't like his anti football. Yes that's what you said. Go back and have a read. Dear me indeed

• Ojo & Hugill  loan

Can see this being close to the truth

I can’t see Bryan and Ojo both signing. I just can’t see Bryan ever starting as a left back for us under Pulis so if he is to be signed I think he will be signed with the intention of playing him left wing which is where Ojo plays.

Pulis’ stressing of his desire to sign players from the North East tonight along with the strong links recently in the press to Waghorn and Hugill makes me think that both are high on the list. And the more I think about it, the more I think Waghorn is being signed for the left wing role. At quite a few of his previous clubs Pulis has liked to have one of his wingers as a Stuani-esque “winger” i.e. a player who’s role is to work hard defensively as well as to attack the box and score goals from crosses from the other wing, think Jonathan Walters under Pulis at Stoke. I think there’s a special name given for that type of Kuyt, Thomas Muller type wide player but the name of it has deserted me.

I’m, personally, not a fan of the position as it leaves you with no outlet, creative wise, down that side of the pitch but I think it’s what we are going to end up with.

• Ojo & Hugill  loan

Can see this being close to the truth

I can’t see Bryan and Ojo both signing. I just can’t see Bryan ever starting as a left back for us under Pulis so if he is to be signed I think he will be signed with the intention of playing him left wing which is where Ojo plays.

Pulis’ stressing of his desire to sign players from the North East tonight along with the strong links recently in the press to Waghorn and Hugill makes me think that both are high on the list. And the more I think about it, the more I think Waghorn is being signed for the left wing role. At quite a few of his previous clubs Pulis has liked to have one of his wingers as a Stuani-esque “winger” i.e. a player who’s role is to work hard defensively as well as to attack the box and score goals from crosses from the other wing, think Jonathan Walters under Pulis at Stoke. I think there’s a special name given for that type of Kuyt, Thomas Muller type wide player but the name of it has deserted me.

I’m, personally, not a fan of the position as it leaves you with no outlet, creative wise, down that side of the pitch but I think it’s what we are going to end up with.

i think you have quite a good point there. we already know the whole team push left to give adama more space on the right. having a normal winger out there would mean he'd have less space to work with so is going to be a bit wasted. a different style of player is needed, this is all based on Adama staying, i believe pulis is pretty hopeful he will stay and is probably building a team to benefit from his strengths.

and second striker almost as the left winger who is decent in the air to, adama gets plenty of deep crosses in. but they end up coming to nothing all the time. when big stu was our wide man, he scored quite a few ghosting in back post. one like him but for the left hand side is a pretty good idea. If friend isnt getting constantly invited to overlap by downing, probably help him look more comfortable to. all the good positions he gets himself into but can be so wasteful, as highlighted in the playoff semi's vs villa were he was terrible going forward, the worst i've seen him. he was trying to do the right thing but kept messing it up with poor quality. maybe a sign he really is fading. still love george though top pro and great attitude.

hugill is another good signing, people moaning about their quality as you'd expect. we all want the big stars with the big reputation and the fancy skills. but you have to have the graft and right attitude or you get nowhere. 

waghorn was totally slated at rangers and a useless nohoper and was boo'd. goes to ipswich and has his best ever season. now that proves for me the lad has got guts to come back from zero confidence like that and become more. he is a local lad to so will be comfortable up here which is always a bonus. same goes  for hugil local lad, a boro fan to so he wont be strutting about like hes doing the club a favour being here.

bringing besic back with mcnair and clayton. we have a few good young lads keen to prove themselves waiting in the wings. if we get those 3 players i'll be over the moon.