oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Tudders, you reckon you could actually post something that isn't to do with having a go at pulis?

I think everyone is getting a little tired of reading it constantly.

I know I am.

I think he gets the balance between praise and constructive criticism about right to be fair.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon we’re going to end up with:

• Besic & Bryan permanent

• Ojo & Hugill  loan

Can see this being close to the truth

I can’t see Bryan and Ojo both signing. I just can’t see Bryan ever starting as a left back for us under Pulis so if he is to be signed I think he will be signed with the intention of playing him left wing which is where Ojo plays.

Pulis’ stressing of his desire to sign players from the North East tonight along with the strong links recently in the press to Waghorn and Hugill makes me think that both are high on the list. And the more I think about it, the more I think Waghorn is being signed for the left wing role. At quite a few of his previous clubs Pulis has liked to have one of his wingers as a Stuani-esque “winger” i.e. a player who’s role is to work hard defensively as well as to attack the box and score goals from crosses from the other wing, think Jonathan Walters under Pulis at Stoke. I think there’s a special name given for that type of Kuyt, Thomas Muller type wide player but the name of it has deserted me.

I’m, personally, not a fan of the position as it leaves you with no outlet, creative wise, down that side of the pitch but I think it’s what we are going to end up with.

i think you have quite a good point there. we already know the whole team push left to give adama more space on the right. having a normal winger out there would mean he'd have less space to work with so is going to be a bit wasted. a different style of player is needed, this is all based on Adama staying, i believe pulis is pretty hopeful he will stay and is probably building a team to benefit from his strengths.

and second striker almost as the left winger who is decent in the air to, adama gets plenty of deep crosses in. but they end up coming to nothing all the time. when big stu was our wide man, he scored quite a few ghosting in back post. one like him but for the left hand side is a pretty good idea. If friend isnt getting constantly invited to overlap by downing, probably help him look more comfortable to. all the good positions he gets himself into but can be so wasteful, as highlighted in the playoff semi's vs villa were he was terrible going forward, the worst i've seen him. he was trying to do the right thing but kept messing it up with poor quality. maybe a sign he really is fading. still love george though top pro and great attitude.

hugill is another good signing, people moaning about their quality as you'd expect. we all want the big stars with the big reputation and the fancy skills. but you have to have the graft and right attitude or you get nowhere. 

waghorn was totally slated at rangers and a useless nohoper and was boo'd. goes to ipswich and has his best ever season. now that proves for me the lad has got guts to come back from zero confidence like that and become more. he is a local lad to so will be comfortable up here which is always a bonus. same goes  for hugil local lad, a boro fan to so he wont be strutting about like hes doing the club a favour being here.

bringing besic back with mcnair and clayton. we have a few good young lads keen to prove themselves waiting in the wings. if we get those 3 players i'll be over the moon.

Excellent post and is making me turn to think Waghorn would be a good signing if that's the intention of how to use him.

Traore is our biggest weapon so signing other players to help exploit his strengths makes perfect sense to me!

Let's just hope that Traore stays

So if Bryan, Waghorn and Hugill are the three names we want to add, that could make the 18 (+ Kids)

GK - Randolph / Dimi

RB - Shotton / (Fry)

CB - Flint / Ayala

CB - Gibson / (Wood)

LB - Bryan / Friend

DM - Clayton / Leadbitter

CM - Besic / Howson

CM - McNair / (Wing)

RW - Traore / (Chapman)

ST - Hugill / Gestede / Fletcher?

LW - Waghorn / Downing

Fletcher question marked as he makes it 19 + Kids. Reckon we'd see Assombalonga, De Sart, Braithwaite and Johnson leave - plus perhaps Fletcher on loan. I'd rather keep The Ass to be honest, but can't see it if we do get Hugill... I doubt TP would sell Gestede / we'd get any major interest.

Tudders, you reckon you could actually post something that isn't to do with having a go at pulis?

I think everyone is getting a little tired of reading it constantly.

I know I am.

I see people disagreeing with him and him defending himself, he's hardly over posting or on some sort of vendetta - if your so fed up don't read his posts.

You seriously think that I'm the only Boro fan that would prefer him not be here? Seriously?

That's not what he said.

He said it would only be my name on the petition to get rid of him and stop this anti football. Yes, that's what he said

No it's not. Go back and have a read. Dear me.

I said, and I quote "i'd rather sign one to get rid of him to stop this awful anti football taking place". You wrote "I know, it would be only your name in that petition". Your reasons for believing that are irrelevant. The petition I mentioned was to get rid as I don't like his anti football. Yes that's what you said. Go back and have a read. Dear me indeed

Maybe you should read the entirety of the post you're quoting and decide which point I was responding to. Clearly, it wasn't that difficult to see I wasn't talking about the petition you suggested.

So if Bryan, Waghorn and Hugill are the three names we want to add, that could make the 18 (+ Kids)

GK - Randolph / Dimi

RB - Shotton / (Fry)

CB - Flint / Ayala

CB - Gibson / (Wood)

LB - Bryan / Friend

CM - Besic / Howson

CM - McNair / (Wing)

RW - Traore / (Chapman)

LW - Waghorn / Downing

Fletcher question marked as he makes it 19 + Kids. Reckon we'd see Assombalonga, De Sart, Braithwaite and Johnson leave - plus perhaps Fletcher on loan. I'd rather keep The Ass to be honest, but can't see it if we do get Hugill... I doubt TP would sell Gestede / we'd get any major interest.

No right backs in the club would be a concern for me.

GK - Randolph / Dimi

RB - Shotton / (Fry)

CB - Flint / Ayala

CB - Gibson / (Wood)

LB - Bryan / Friend

CM - Besic / Howson

CM - McNair / (Wing)

RW - Traore / (Chapman)

LW - Waghorn / Downing

You love these posts, don’t you Snowy ;)

I do BD - like to try and gauge the feeling as the 18 + kids takes shape ;) Would be very happy for Wing, Chapman and Fry (at CB preferably for me) to play a good part this season. I'd like to see Tavernier too.

@Duvel - Yep... Me too. But all signs point towards us not signing a RB this window. Personally I'd rather have a RB like Byram come in ahead of Besic if there's only 3 signings... Or instead of Hugill and keep The Ass.

I do BD - like to try and gauge the feeling as the 18 + kids takes shape ;) Would be very happy for Wing, Chapman and Fry (at CB preferably for me) to play a good part this season. I'd like to see Tavernier too.

@Duvel - Yep... Me too. But all signs point towards us not signing a RB this window. Personally I'd rather have a RB like Byram come in ahead of Besic if there's only 3 signings... Or instead of Hugill and keep The Ass.

Wonder what good old Nsue is up too these days I loved that guy. Sure I heard somewhere he went to Greece or something like that

GK - Randolph / Dimi

RB - Shotton / (Fry)

CB - Flint / Ayala

CB - Gibson / (Wood)

LB - Bryan / Friend

CM - Besic / Howson

CM - McNair / (Wing)

RW - Traore / (Chapman)

LW - Waghorn / Downing

No right backs in the club would be a concern for me.

Maybe Curtis Fleming is going to pull back on his boots?

So this is how desperate I am for a new full back now.

I had a genuine dream last night that we were signing Kieran tierney from celtic. But then it turned out to be a snake someone had named tierney. Then the snake disappeared and I woke up before we found it again.

So back to square one really.

So this is how desperate I am for a new full back now.

I had a genuine dream last night that we were signing Kieran tierney from celtic. But then it turned out to be a snake someone had named tierney. Then the snake disappeared and I woke up before we found it again.

So back to square one really.

Don't think Gaston Ramirez could play as a fullback mate, even if we did name him Tierney...