oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Stoke are about to loan Ashley Williams from Everton. Can’t say I’m bothered about that as I never really rated him. But Everton will be needing a defender quick and their pursuit of Mina has gone dead.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stoke are about to loan Ashley Williams from Everton. Can’t say I’m bothered about that as I never really rated him. But Everton will be needing a defender quick and their pursuit of Mina has gone dead.

Marcus Rojo from United they are also chasing

Hoping there will be some movement today.

Those 2 signings that RAF mentioned - hopefully they are going to be the much needed players for problem positions.

It'll be Hugill and Waghorn

Those 2 signings that RAF mentioned - hopefully they are going to be the much needed players for problem positions.

It'll be Hugill and Waghorn

I thought that initially but then because Pulis mentioned Besic by name i thought maybe it would be him.

I really want Joe Bryan now having watched a lot of highlights on him over the summer

We seem to have a 'theme' every transfer window, then throw it out and start again.

Let's sign old players...

Let's sign Scottish players...

Let's sign Spanish players...

Let's sign injured players...

Let's sign young English players...

Let's sign tall players...

Let's sign players from the North East...

Have I missed any?

The question is "what are the problem positions?" I think I know where they are and most fans do too but are they the areas tp thinks need looking at?

Most of us want a new pacey left winger. However, maybe downing is nailed on as a starter in tp's mind. Maybe the winger he is potentially looking at is replacement for Adama to play opposite downing. He did say he wants players from the north east.

We all seem to want a left back but I can't see George not being picked. If anything he is loyal and tp seems to reward loyalty.

A lot of fans think creativity through the centre needs attention but again tp seems happy with Clayton, howson and mcnair so maybe that's not a problem area in his head.

I can see us buying another striker that 'Can' play on the wing and potentially a winger to replace adama.

Middlesbrough will sign a player today. Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan joining on a free transfer.

WTF are we doing?

Signing a back up GK?

Let's not kick up a fuss over nothing.

We seem to have a 'theme' every transfer window, then throw it out and start again.

Let's sign old players...

Let's sign Scottish players...

Let's sign Spanish players...

Let's sign injured players...

Let's sign young English players...

Let's sign tall players...

Let's sign players from the North East...

Have I missed any?

How about

Let's sign overly expensive players that we can't get rid of...

Middlesbrough will sign a player today. Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan joining on a free transfer.

WTF are we doing?

Maybe we've received a sensible bid for Ripley (or in some way, his departure is expected) and are just signing someone on a free to cover for his departure. Makes sense to me. Gives us a bit extra in the kitty and whilst it's sad to see him not make his name here, he can't even get in ahead of Dimi in the pecking order so it doesn't say much for him.

I’m assuming Ripley will be going out on loan again then. I sort of wanted to see Ripley be our back up keeper this year but it is probably better for him going out on loan and getting game time rather than sitting on our bench behind Randolph all season.