• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dyche came out yesterday and urged the Burnley board to splash out. Burnley are a centre half light looking at their squad.

Whereas we are pretty well stocked in that position. I'd like to think we could negotiate a buy back clause. In case Burnley drop like a stone, or we go up.

So we're either a selling club or Ben's heart isn't in it. Don't see the appeal in a move to Burnley tbh; only a matter of time before their style gets found out and they come crashing back down to the Championship. They've had a poor pre season too by all accounts in terms of signings and results. Which club grows up wanting to play for Burnley instead of their boyhood club?

I think the question is why (if Burnley can stump up the cash) would a player turn down a move to a club that potentially has a season of European football upon them? Burnley have been doing very well in the Premier League, they're hardly fodder right now.

They are certainly better positioned than we are and we are also the last people to be talking about 'style'.

So we're either a selling club or Ben's heart isn't in it. Don't see the appeal in a move to Burnley tbh; only a matter of time before their style gets found out and they come crashing back down to the Championship. They've had a poor pre season too by all accounts in terms of signings and results. Which player grows up wanting to play for Burnley instead of their boyhood club?

We've had a poor pre season by all accounts KM. They're going to be playing in Europe, and a team who finished 7th isnt suddenly going to be relegation fodder. Thats where the appeal is, he'll be going to a settled premier league club which will help him perform as they play to his strengths. I can see us getting 10ish upfront and maybe another couple of mil add-ons for England caps etc.

I can take losing Gibson.

I asked on the Millwall thread but got no response. Does anyone have a clue whats going on with Ayala? There doesn't seem to be any word on whether hes fit to play or what....

Gibson is the only player on the books who we know can do it at Premier League level.  Everyone else has proven to be not good enough or is unproven at that level.  Worth considering?

Get your point but tbh even if we went up this year how many of the team that came down would still be in next seasons team?

I can't think of one besides maybe Clayton and I guess you could count Traore but he hardly played in our prem season.

So we're either a selling club or Ben's heart isn't in it. Don't see the appeal in a move to Burnley tbh; only a matter of time before their style gets found out and they come crashing back down to the Championship. They've had a poor pre season too by all accounts in terms of signings and results. Which player grows up wanting to play for Burnley instead of their boyhood club?

Burnley is a perfect stepping stone to a big club for Ben. He’ll be playing in Europe and PL and their set up will allow him to excel. Look at every centre back that has played for Burnley in the last 2 years... Keane, Tarkowski, Mee, even Kevin Long... all have come out with huge credit in their system despite not being great players. If Gibbo goes there he could easily break into the England team and a move to a big 6 club within a couple of years.

Gibson is the only player on the books who we know can do it at Premier League level.  Everyone else has proven to be not good enough or is unproven at that level.  Worth considering?

Get your point but tbh even if we went up this year how many of the team that came down would still be in next seasons team?

I can't think of one besides maybe Clayton and I guess you could count Traore but he hardly played in our prem season.

Quite a few unless we get rid of them all I suppose.  Do you think Shotton, Flint, Howson and that lot can do it in the Premier League cos I don't.

For me the only thing with Gibson going is that he’s obviously a character and leader in the squad. He loves Boro. He’s a player who’s guaranteed to give a 100% might not have always had the best game last season but i couldn’t question his commitment.

Where are the characters in the squad that keep the team together and can lift players on/off the pitch?

That said, would be a decent move for him especially if they stay in Europe tonight. Fry’s ready to step up in my opinion.