oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

In the current market 12m is nowhere near enough for Gibson.

He's English, left footed and an excellent professional. Forget last season when he was playing at a disjointed club, judge him on his season in the Premier league where he coped well with the best strikers in the country.

A team that buys him could have 10 season's out of him at the top level. If we accept 12m we are either desperate or completely stupid.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the current market 12m is nowhere near enough for Gibson.

He's English, left footed and an excellent professional. Forget last season when he was playing at a disjointed club, judge him on his season  in the Premier league where he coped well with the best strikers in the country.

A team that buys him could have 10 season's out of him at the top level. If we accept 12m we are either desperate or completely stupid.

If the 12 becomes 15, then I bet he goes

Alfie Mawson has just gone for about £18/20 million. I think £14/16million for Gibson could be fair.

I’ve seen absolutely nothing to suggest Masson is actually as good as Gibson, never mind £4m-£6m better.

The simple fact he played Premier League football last season adds more value in my opinion.

Looks as though it was £15million for Mawson anyway.

Gibson + Traore leaving = a lot of money = clubs not backing down on their asking price for players we want = Downing LW + Gestede upfront all season

:D

Never like leaving it late for this exact reason. Unless we’ve already agreed fees for every player we want...doubtful. We’ll end up on Plan C/D/E

With Gibson we can always say no (don’t think we will) but in Traores case we have no option, we can’t block it, so if we can’t get anyone suitable in we could look pretty weak.

If those things happen then I'd be wrong. But I don't think they will. And I don't think people on here have much bearing on Boro's actual transfer activity tbh!

Yeah I'm aware of that  :rolleyes:  :)

I was referring to how fantastic our players are as they are signed and then how bad they can quickly become.  It's the same people making the same judgements.

It's a pity that last bit isn't the actual case as we might have signed some better players  :fist: ;)

With Gibson we can always say no (don’t think we will) but in Traores case we have no option, we can’t block it, so if we can’t get anyone suitable in we could look pretty weak.

Already rejected the bid..

Alfie Mawson has just gone for about £18/20 million. I think £14/16million for Gibson could be fair.

I’ve seen absolutely nothing to suggest Masson is actually as good as Gibson, never mind £4m-£6m better.

The simple fact he played Premier League football last season adds more value in my opinion.

Just being left footed adds about 3m on to Gibson's asking price for me, it makes a back 4 a lot more balanced.

I don't think people on here appreciate how much we'll miss Gibson until he's gone.

I don’t think that the way people on here judge players has that much to do with the club’s transfer dealings.

You hate all of our players anyway, CT ;)

I don't hate any of our players  :@

If those things happen then I'd be wrong. But I don't think they will. And I don't think people on here have much bearing on Boro's actual transfer activity tbh!

Yeah I'm aware of that  :rolleyes:  :)

I was referring to how fantastic our players are as they are signed and then how bad they can quickly become.  It's the same people making the same judgements.

It's a pity that last bit isn't the actual case as we might have signed some better players  :fist: ;)

Traore was the opposite of that. Everyone was ready to give up on him (myself included) as a liability before pulis came in, and now he's a fan favourite

I know everyone's been saying about Traore that he might turn them down or not want to go there, but doesn't anybody think that Wolves must have had some kind of indication from him or his reps that he would be interested? They've probably already "unofficially" talked about the money he'd be on and his role in the team.

On a more serious note, we'd be effectively selling Gibson (if we do) because we can't get rid of the players who we really want to sell. If we're doing that then we should only be doing it for top dollar prices. With Traore our hands are tied as he has this clause. If we could negotiate it out and then set our own price it becomes a different story and again you're demanding top dollar or you should be.

£12m for Gibson isn't close to being top dollar. Look at some of the fees for players this summer. Gibson had three very good seasons before this last one. He was a key part of the best defence in the Championship two years in a row and then moved up to the Premier League and looked head and shoulders our best player and comfortable at that level. He was better than Chambers who went for however much when ***nal bought him and he earned himself a call up to the England squad in the process. His play dropped off last season there's no question about that but we still had one of the best defensive records in the league under Monk and Pulis and Gibson was the mainstay of that even ahead of Ayala.

I've got no problem selling any player but let's make sure we get a good price for them.

Just being left footed adds about 3m on to Gibson's asking price for me, it makes a back 4 a lot more balanced.

I don't think people on here appreciate how much we'll miss Gibson until he's gone.

I agree completely a left footer in defence is huge! I hope he doesn't go for anything less than Mawson has.

I would suspect that "unofficial" chat would have been with his agent. His agent will have almost certainly spoke with interested parties. The important person is Adama. As Pulis said in that meeting last night, it's up to him what he wants to do at the end of the day. Everyone is going to try and bend his ear one way or another. It's what he feels is the best option for him and he needs to speak to people he truly trusts in order to make that decision. I feel we're going to struggle to convince him entirely that this is the best place for him if Wolves match the clause. I wouldn't necessarily agree with his decision right now if he moved but I'm certainly biased.