oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Traore was the opposite of that. Everyone was ready to give up on him (myself included) as a liability before pulis came in, and now he's a fan favourite

I understand that although to be fair plenty saw the potential in him.  We still don't know where he is though really, it's a few months of good following a lot more of not very much.  If it's more than just a purple patch then he's developed as a player.  If he goes back to headless chicken (and there were times last season where he did just that) then you're back to a guy with lots of potential only.  I think when you talk about a fans favourite it's important to remember that he is basically the only remotely exciting player we have on the books in a team that plays some fairly conservative football.  Of course he's a fans favourite, if it wasn't for him going on his runs a dozen times a game or whatever there would be next to nothing at all to get excited about.  I honestly think he's the only reason some people can't see just how boring we were at times last season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just get the feeling everything has already been agreed with him and Wolves.  I can't see them being this determined to get him otherwise.

I know what you mean unless he's kind of giving them signals that he's interested when in reality he's trying to smoke out other teams that he might have more interest in signing for?

I just get the feeling everything has already been agreed with him and Wolves.  I can't see them being this determined to get him otherwise.

I know what you mean unless he's kind of giving them signals that he's interested when in reality he's trying to smoke out other teams that he might have more interest in signing for?

Maybe, but that doesn't helps us, he'd still be leaving  :(

Or he is just keeping his options open to see what the best next move is for him

There's nothing we can do about it though.  The clause dictates everything and we're just stuck waiting really for anyone to match it.  They can wait until a couple of hours before the deadline if they want to and we are stuffed.  That's what happens when you have clauses like that.

There's nothing we can do about it though.  The clause dictates everything and we're just stuck waiting really for anyone to match it.  They can wait until a couple of hours before the deadline if they want to and we are stuffed.  That's what happens when you have clauses like that.

Which is exactly how I see it unfolding! Anyone know where Carayol is?

I've just accepted that he's leaving now anyway, that way if he doesn't it'll be like Christmas.

Just been looking on a Burnley forum and they seem to think the Gibson bid is more about trying to force WBA to accept their offer for Dawson

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=31110

For purely Oneboro entertainment reasons I would love us to sell Traore and then immediately announce we've signed Carayol  :D

With Gibson we can always say no (don’t think we will) but in Traores case we have no option, we can’t block it, so if we can’t get anyone suitable in we could look pretty weak.

Already rejected the bid..

There’s rejecting a first bid and there’s not letting him go regardless...I think if we get a 14/15m bid for Gibson then they’ll let him leave if he wants to, wether it’s now or deadline day.

Where as I think if Traore didn’t have the release clause then there’d be very little chance of us accepting a bid late on no matter how inflated it was.

For purely Oneboro entertainment reasons I would love us to sell Traore and then immediately announce we've signed Carayol  :D

Wel Raf said we'd be hearing about 2 players soon, we've already had Lonergan, come on down Muzzy!