• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Losing Gibbo and Traore are obviously going to be big misses. Luckily we have a replacement for Gibbo in Flint already.

Traore will be impossible to replace, but if that allows us to actually have an attack that can go through either wing, that will make us more of a threat.

As Tony Mowbray said it is what it is... ultimately we have 40mil to get a balanced team. Doesn’t have to be full of flair but sort problem positions and we still have a chance.

Yeah that was my positive spin on it too. I was always expecting Gibson to leave and Adama too although I was hoping he would stay. If we can spend those 40 million or so on two wingers and two full backs we could be fairly well set. Do we bring in a new defender or go with what we have.

Losing Gibbo and Traore are obviously going to be big misses. Luckily we have a replacement for Gibbo in Flint already.

Traore will be impossible to replace, but if that allows us to actually have an attack that can go through either wing, that will make us more of a threat.

In theory yes, however this is Pulis we are talking about. Also I don't think we can get away with Shotton RB if Traore leaves, we need someone who can do something other than a long throw.

As Tony Mowbray said it is what it is... ultimately we have 40mil to get a balanced team. Doesn’t have to be full of flair but sort problem positions and we still have a chance.

Yeah that was my positive spin on it too. I was always expecting Gibson to leave and Adama too although I was hoping he would stay. If we can spend those 40 million or so on two wingers and two full backs we could be fairly well set. Do we bring in a new defender or go with what we have.

With Ayala awol we could possibly need another cb. Do we want to rely on Fry/Shotton or possibly Friend play a load of games? Fry would be the most likely but he could go out on loan yet.

With Ayala awol we could possibly need another cb. Do we want to rely on Fry/Shotton or possibly Friend play a load of games? Fry would be the most likely but he could go out on loan yet.

Welcome the Berlin Wall

The info I used to get was from someone high up. Doesn’t divulge anything anymore.

What I’ve heard today is from a player. Hopefully it’s wrong and I’d be love to be proven incorrect.

If it's Ayala then I doubt the info is correct, he's probably sat at home nursing his ankle making *** up to start a fuss. :cheese:

Just messing of course, interesting to know.

I sense, that the "general" feeling here is .. That Adama and Gibson will be missed (when/if they leave), but if the money is spent wisely and on the problem positions, we could stand better in the long run called 18/19 season ...

The Kings are dead, long live the Kings!

My feeling is Gibson going (no matter how much I love him )and everyone else going. Gives pullis money to rebuild.....but traore going robs us of a genuine world class prospect the likes we haven’t had since Juninho and may not have again....I don’t care who he buys with that money..it isn’t enough.. 40 million for traore may just and I mean just make up for losing him

In theory yes, however this is Pulis we are talking about. Also I don't think we can get away with Shotton RB if Traore leaves, we need someone who can do something other than a long throw.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pulis, but I'm not writting him off before he has really had a chance. Give him a chance to sign some players, and if they are useless then I'll join you on writing him, his style and his signings off.

I 100% agree, I think besides a left winger our priority should be an actual right back. Not a centre half playing there (Shotton or Fry) and not a midfielder playing there either (Mcnair).

Obviously a right winger probably trumps this now, if Traore leaves.

If people think we're gonna sell Bamford, Gibson and Traore for £40 million and reinvest that straight into transfers, they haven't been paying attention. Gibson gambled last summer and lost. We'll be lucky if we spend half that and most likely won't be of similar quality.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pulis, but I'm not writting him off before he has really had a chance. Give him a chance to sign some players, and if they are useless then I'll join you on writing him, his style and his signings off.

I 100% agree, I think besides a left winger our priority should be an actual right back. Not a centre half playing there (Shotton or Fry) and not a midfielder playing there either (Mcnair).

Obviously a right winger probably trumps this now, if Traore leaves.

I can't see Pulis bringing in a right back ahead of Shotton. He is known for playing CB's at FB and Shotton offers the value of an extra long throw for set pieces. Just my opinion Dan

Bamford Gibson and Traore. Our three best players... good lord this is truly bordering on worst case scenario territory now. Don't care how some may want to sugar coat it. Even if we reinvest all the money next week there is simply no way that quality can be replaced like for like. We had problem areas BEFORE selling our best player, best defender, and best finisher.

Looking more and more to me that Pulis is here for damage limitation.

1/5 to join Wolves on Sky bet right now. John Percy who wrote the article who is generally spot on from my experience. But he just said Wolves are activating the clause, not that he's necessarily going to accept...

Add an extra zero to his wage and see if Wolves fancy matching it :)

Our 3 best players from when Tony pulis took over could be leaving us before the season starts (besic, traore and bamford). Add to that gibbo who lets be honest is still probably one of our best players if not the best player at the club :(

Fingers crossed we can get besic back, and fingers and toes crossed we can somehow turn traores head into staying. That’s the deal that makes me most gutted, gonna feel sick if/when he leaves.

Bamford Gibson and Traore. Our three best players... good lord this is truly bordering on worst case scenario territory now. Don't care how some may want to sugar coat it. Even if we reinvest all the money next week there is simply no way that quality can be replaced like for like. We had problem areas BEFORE selling our best player, best defender, and best finisher.

Looking more and more to me that Pulis is here for damage limitation.

gibson not even our best cb last season. paddy was sub most of the time for a reason. we'll only miss adama imo.