• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Relax, life goes on, and so will the Boro.

Come what may UTB!

eye it does back in 86 a bunch of local kids took us to div 1. imagine the melt down if we just played chapman tavernier and wing instead of signing new players.

Bamford Gibson and Traore. Our three best players... good lord this is truly bordering on worst case scenario territory now. Don't care how some may want to sugar coat it. Even if we reinvest all the money next week there is simply no way that quality can be replaced like for like. We had problem areas BEFORE selling our best player, best defender, and best finisher.

Looking more and more to me that Pulis is here for damage limitation.

gibson not even our best cb last season. paddy was sub most of the time for a reason. we'll only miss adama imo.

Hmm hopefully, I honestly think Gibson did more than people credit him for though. If the ~40m is reinvested wisely then we could be okay - big if though. Need two good wingers now.

we wont be reinvesting everything into new players. we did that last year. its not sustainable doing it again. we already replaced gibbo we have to many strikers still so more to go before another one signs. we'll lose more yet and probably only replace a couple. maybe a striker and a winger to come in. probs lose 2/3 on loan and get a couple of loans in. i bet we only sign 1 more transfer(waghorn/winger) and get 2 loans in(besic/hugill)

Hoped it wouldn't happen. Looks likely to. Depressing.

There are now two ways to get fans (the ones who are not happy with the club) back on side. Either buy some real quality as replacements (that's not what I expect though) or give the kids a chance. The fans rarely moan when the kids are playing. Mistakes are forgiven a little easier.

Expectation however is that we build a team ala west Brom. This isn't really pulis' fault. He will build a team the only way he really knows.

My annoyance is at the club. Bringing in money from our most saleable assets despite them being our best chance of promotion (adama aside, the 18mill would have seemed pie in the sky when we signed him, and yes we should have recognised the potential but hindsight is a wonderful thing).

Losing Gibbo and Traore are obviously going to be big misses. Luckily we have a replacement for Gibbo in Flint already.

Traore will be impossible to replace, but if that allows us to actually have an attack that can go through either wing, that will make us more of a threat.

In theory yes, however this is Pulis we are talking about. Also I don't think we can get away with Shotton RB if Traore leaves, we need someone who can do something other than a long throw.

I'm not the biggest fan of Pulis, but I'm not writting him off before he has really had a chance. Give him a chance to sign some players, and if they are useless then I'll join you on writing him, his style and his signings off.

I 100% agree, I think besides a left winger our priority should be an actual right back. Not a centre half playing there (Shotton or Fry) and not a midfielder playing there either (Mcnair).

Obviously a right winger probably trumps this now, if Traore leaves.

We're not going to sign a proper full-back. Pulis has already offloaded any flair we had in those positions and he opts for 'solid' players there, not adventurous ones. It isn't even worth considering.

Honestly going into the summer, the only players I had any real affinity with at this club were gibson, bamford and traore. Friend maybe, but for what he was and not what he is.

If all three go, I'm finding it very difficult to even care about this season, which is really sad for me to say.

A huge issue will be that everyone will know that were desperate and have had an influx of funds, So there's no way well get any bargains.

Honestly going into the summer, the only players I had any real affinity with at this club were gibson, bamford and traore. Friend maybe, but for what he was and not what he is.

If all three go, I'm finding it very difficult to even care about this season, which is really sad for me to say.

A huge issue will be that everyone will know that were desperate and have had an influx of funds, So there's no way well get any bargains.

Hugill burra lad will signthere is your affinity. also the young lad wood(deano's son)wing, chappy, tav and fry. in the squad pulis even saying wood will probably get him senior app before hes 17. we are about to go to next level mate chin up loads of affinity.

Agree with this. We’ve been turned into a generic Pulis club unfortunately. Am still hoping for some signings but the rumours don’t excite me much. Let’s hope we can get a few results together and the mood changes - because at the moment we feel in a really bad place. Who knows -plenty of surprises in the championship and maybe a few of the young uns can make names for themselves.

Baggies fan saying we may be in for Hal Robson-Kanu. Primarily he is a winger but can play up front. Replacement for Traore?

Id honestly consider returning my season ticket if we even get linked with him, absolutely garbage.

The most worrying thing is RAF said Pulis doesnt even plan to be here after his contract is up, why let him plan the future team? Get him some good proven players to work with and let him concentrate on setting the team up.

Baggies fan saying we may be in for Hal Robson-Kanu. Primarily he is a winger but can play up front. Replacement for Traore?

I can't stand Robson-Kanu me, living off a goal in the Euros for Wales. Would have never moved to West Brom if it wasn't for that goal as he was ***e the whole season before for Reading.

Id honestly consider returning my season ticket if we even get linked with him, absolutely garbage.

The most worrying thing is RAF said Pulis doesnt even plan to be here after his contract is up, why let him plan the future team? Get him some good proven players to work with and let him concentrate on setting the team up.

If GIBSON TRUSTS HIM SO SHOULD WE!