oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Honestly going into the summer, the only players I had any real affinity with at this club were gibson, bamford and traore. Friend maybe, but for what he was and not what he is.

If all three go, I'm finding it very difficult to even care about this season, which is really sad for me to say.

A huge issue will be that everyone will know that were desperate and have had an influx of funds, So there's no way well get any bargains.

Players come and go. Bamford wanted to leave, Traore has a clause that we can’t do anything against and Gibson we all knew would probably need to leave to further his career. New players will come in and hopefully we will be more balanced. Those teams usually do well and get promoted.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly going into the summer, the only players I had any real affinity with at this club were gibson, bamford and traore. Friend maybe, but for what he was and not what he is.

If all three go, I'm finding it very difficult to even care about this season, which is really sad for me to say.

A huge issue will be that everyone will know that were desperate and have had an influx of funds, So there's no way well get any bargains.

I can completely relate to this. It’s for this reason that I’d nearly prefer us to jut throw in the likes of Fry, Chapman and Wing straight into the starting 11. I know that’s ridiculous , stupid and very dangerous but I’d much rather turn up at the riverside to support exciting young prospects that have come through the academy than to watch journeymen like Gestede, Waghorn, and co battling with centre backs to win high balls for 90 minutes.

Baggies fan saying we may be in for Hal Robson-Kanu. Primarily he is a winger but can play up front. Replacement for Traore?

I can't stand Robson-Kanu me, living off a goal in the Euros for Wales. Would have never moved to West Brom if it wasn't for that goal as he was *** the whole season before for Reading.

This... absolutely terrible footballer.

Players come and go. Bamford wanted to leave, Traore has a clause that we can’t do anything against and Gibson we all knew would probably need to leave to further his career. New players will come in and hopefully we will be more balanced. Those teams usually do well and get promoted.

Totally. But the most optimistic fan in the world would still have to admit that losing all three in a week or two is an absolute sickener.

I seriously can't wait for this season to start, devastated we could lose Adama but if it's meant to be it's meant to be. I'll support whatever 11 Pulis puts out at Millwall and then for the next 45 league games after because as a fan that's the most we can do to help those players leave it all on the pitch. It might not be pretty and it might well hurt at times to watch but I've just got a special feeling about this season. Whoever we sign or sell this is our season! COME ON BORO

Baggies fan saying we may be in for Hal Robson-Kanu. Primarily he is a winger but can play up front. Replacement for Traore?

Id honestly consider returning my season ticket if we even get linked with him, absolutely garbage.

The most worrying thing is RAF said Pulis doesnt even plan to be here after his contract is up, why let him plan the future team? Get him some good proven players to work with and let him concentrate on setting the team up.

If GIBSON TRUSTS HIM SO SHOULD WE!

Trusted strachan, Agnew and monk also

I’m done with blind faith

Burnley and West Brom want Britt!

class get shot of him sack all of monks signings off they were all terrible. spunked 48 million on garbage. total idiot. massive mistake from gibson hiring that total nugget. 

hopefully we have enough time to replace them all. we are in for a pretty busy last week i reckon. hugill, waghorn, ojo, bryan maybe a right back out of the blue and a right winger maybe? freeman?

downing/freeman right wing. ojo bryan left wing. byan and friend left back competition and a new mystery right back. Hugill battling it out up top with waghorn, two local lads who will give their all and fight for the team. unlike britt and paddy.

Id honestly consider returning my season ticket if we even get linked with him, absolutely garbage.

The most worrying thing is RAF said Pulis doesnt even plan to be here after his contract is up, why let him plan the future team? Get him some good proven players to work with and let him concentrate on setting the team up.

If GIBSON TRUSTS HIM SO SHOULD WE!

Trusted strachan, Agnew and monk also

I’m done with blind faith

point noted but consider Gibbo has already taken that into account for himself before appointing a guy he trusts is capable to overhaul the shambles from the previous two summers without plunging us into massive dept again. =selling gibbo/britt/paddy/adama and the dross braithwaite fletch howson etc and reinvesting in cheaper players who will fit into the system and actually made a solid unit ala burnley.

point noted but consider Gibbo has already taken that into account for himself before appointing a guy he trusts is capable to overhaul the shambles from the previous two summers without plunging us into massive dept again. =selling gibbo/britt/paddy/adama and the dross braithwaite fletch howson etc and reinvesting in cheaper players who will fit into the system and actually made a solid unit ala burnley.

That sounds a lot like you just said we're selling all of our best players and replacing them with cheap ones and that somehow this is a good thing?

That sounds a lot like you just said we're selling all of our best players and replacing them with cheap ones and that somehow this is a good thing?

if the transfer rumours are true we are selling everyone and having another rebuild. being one of our best players isnt much of an achievement so stop trying to make out its such a bad thing lol

if the transfer rumours are true we are selling everyone and having another rebuild. being one of our best players isnt much of an achievement so stop trying to make out its such a bad thing lol

:)

It's an achievement if the players we are signing aren't as good!

Britt, Bamford, Traore and Gibson aren’t just our best players though are they? They are some of the best in the league.

Britt, Bamford, Traore and Gibson aren’t just our best players though are they? They are some of the best in the league.

if we replace them with others players that are also the best in the league then there isnt a problem right? like freeman, waghorn, bryan, flint all great stats to back up that argument on the few names we've been linked with.

when the players that leave leave. then we finish our business. then is the time to judge. its worrying granted. but  only traore cant be replaced with something similar quality wise. that transfer is out of our hands anyway. if he wants to go and the free meets the release clause. not point sulking over it. as mogga once said, 'it is what it is'

Freeman isn’t for sale according to their chairman

Waghorn? I mean seriously? Funny how nobody even mentioned this guy last summer, now suddenly he’s on of the best in the league? Give me a break.

Flint, his scoring record gets the headlines, what’s he actually like as a defender?

Bryan out of all of them is the only genuine improvement on what he would be replacing.

Of course I will wait until absolute deadline day (loan window) before I genuinely start flapping but I’ve almost had it with just how badly we’ve ballsed things up since promotion. I just have this constant feeling that we’re being left behind in how we operate as a club.

We looked like we’d took a jump on other championship teams when we got Karanka in with the Mendes partnership but we threw all that out of the window at the first sign of failure, how have wolves fortunes been so different to ours under a similar set up? Now we’ve got Pulis talking about local players and what not, I’ve just had enough, lack of progression, lack of excitement, back to the small time.