oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Balancing the books, getting the club on the right footing is great and sensible.Its only right that he

, SG maybe no longer wants the club to be dependent on his wealth.

It also smells of a company preparing to go up for sale. Making as attractive as possible. A manager on the last year of his contract, a team trimmed to the bone for wages and substainability. Ripe for a new management team to walk into.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finding it hard to live up to my username at the moment if I’m honest :-( hopefully we can have some good, positive news to round off the week... can we? Pretty please?

cheer up, we could be Sunderland

We could be shortly that is the worrying part

nowhere near

Finding it hard to live up to my username at the moment if I’m honest :-( hopefully we can have some good, positive news to round off the week... can we? Pretty please?

nowhere near

Traore for Robson Kanu, Bamford for Waghorn, Gibson for Flint? Please tell me how that makes us stronger ?

I have woken up to read on here rumours that we may be interested in Robson Kanu, really! Please God no ! I watched him at WBA, he is awful, even at Championship level he will struggle. This must surely be a wind up or is this the level we have sunk to.

nowhere near

Traore for Robson Kanu, Bamford for Waghorn, Gibson for Flint?  Please tell me how that makes us stronger ?

only one of those has happened, and is fine for this league

another may happen and could be a better option for the team

the final one is partially a rumour, and the other player has a release clause

nowhere near

Traore for Robson Kanu, Bamford for Waghorn, Gibson for Flint?  Please tell me how that makes us stronger ?

The team that cruised to victory at Millwall:

-----------Randolph 

Shotton--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

---Besic---Clayton---Howson

Traore-----Britt-------Downing

The starting XI at Millwall if Adama hadn't of got injured:

-----------Randolph 

Shotton--Flint--Gibson--Friend

---McNair---Clayton---Howson

Doesn't look like relegation fodder to me... We don't know that any of these players are on their way at the moment. I'll save the panic till after the window has shut.

• Like 1

17mil is the price for Gibbo

Happy with that if most of it is upfront.

Even so, we need to be pragmatic with that cash and have already identified a replacement.

Someone like Chris Mepham at Brentford; young, good on the ball, likes to carry it out of defence - would challenge with Fry for a spot alongside Flint/Ayala.

Though I do fear Pulis will go with an Ayala/Flint partnership simply for the physicality...

Even so, we need to be pragmatic with that cash and have already identified a replacement.

Someone like Chris Mepham at Brentford; young, good on the ball, likes to carry it out of defence - would challenge with Fry for a spot alongside Flint/Ayala.

Though I do fear Pulis will go with an Ayala/Flint partnership simply for the physicality...

Mepham has been quoted at in excess of £10m, pricey for someone who has no PL experience.

nowhere near

But does not being linked with this level of player, even at rumour level, worry you, because it should!

nowhere near

The team that cruised to victory at Millwall:

-----------Randolph 

Shotton--Ayala--Gibson--Friend

---Besic---Clayton---Howson

The starting XI at Millwall if Adama hadn't of got injured:

-----------Randolph 

Shotton--Flint--Gibson--Friend

---McNair---Clayton---Howson

Doesn't look like relegation fodder to me... We don't know that any of these players are on their way at the moment. I'll save the panic till after the window has shut.

I can see us going 4-5-1 tomorrow just because of personnel..

Mepham has been quoted at in excess of £10m, pricey for someone who has no PL experience.

He's 20 years-old and being scouted by some big Premiership clubs. His style of play, potential and Championship experience would be Moreno beneficial than someone with Premiership experience.

Genuinely think he can be a more special CB than Gibson as he's one of those who links up the lines of defence and midfield, so £10m from £17m received for Gibson would be very good business for me. Looked better than John Stones did at the level at time.

Mepham doesn't strike me as a Pulis signing though, so it's all a pipe dream most likely...

nowhere near

But does not being linked with this level of player, even at rumour level,  worry you, because it should!

nope, rumours don't worry me.