• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We signed Flint to replace Gibson, didn’t we?

That's my worry. Flint and Ayala defensively are very similar in their strengths and weaknesses. Would sap yet more dynamic out of the side.

So from the initial fees of Bamford, Traore, Gibson and Assombalonga, we have a potential income of between £45m-£50m.

We could be so adventurous in the market with that... Adding 5/6 genuine, exciting talents to meat out and balance up the squad.

"Could..."

So from the initial fees of Bamford, Traore, Gibson and Assombalonga, we have a potential income of between £45m-£50m.

We could be so adventurous in the market with that... Adding 5/6 genuine, exciting talents to meat out and balance up the squad.

market will be closed untill january tough.... we dont do quick business

I genuinely fear for the well-being of some people on here... let's try not to have too much of a melt down just yet and remember a few things:

a) when last season ended most of us were expecting Gibson & Traore to move on

b) Bamford was never going to be Pulis' first choice so his chances were going to be limited

c) The players were being linked with that people are melting down over haven't yet signed (and may not)

d) Look at the squad Cardiff went up with last year - being organised, hard working and hard to beat are far more important than people give credit for

e) the team with the best defence goes up more often than the team with the best offence

Let's just take a breath and wait to see what happens over the next week or so before having a total meltdown!

• Like 1

we have an abundance of young CB's, Fry can step up just as Gibson did.

Wood playing quite a bit in pre-season says a lot. He’ll be 4/5th choice this season

We signed Flint to replace Gibson, didn’t we?

That's my worry. Flint and Ayala defensively are very similar in their strengths and weaknesses. Would sap yet more dynamic out of the side.

I think people underestimate the balance that a left footed centre half who can actually pass brings.

So I think it was pretty clear from Pulis’ press conference that Gibson and Traore are both gone.

Yeah and it sounds like we'll be using the loan market for replacements.

Interesting pre match comments by Pulis. Sounds like Gibson to Burnley could happen, said he's spoken to Dyche about it but the club need to make sure they get the best deal possible for him. Not looking confident on Traore but no surprise there. Basically saying both players could have the option of Premier League football on the table and in themselves may find it difficult to turn that down. It was the way he said we could lose a couple in the next few days which makes me think they're quite far along. Apparently no interest in Britt though.

In terms of incomings, he wants to replace both Gibson and Traore should they leave (so Flint wasn't Gibson's replacement). Pretty much said we're looking across the board for players from defence to attack but they're looking to improve the entire front line, especially if Traore goes.

So to sum up TP’s presser:

- Dyche rang Pulis to ask about Ben Gibson. If deal is reached the decision is down to Ben.

- Adama Traoré is back running today and Pulis spoke to him yesterday.

- There is a clause and everyone knows the price.

- Didn’t want to speak about Hugill, “respect other clubs players.”

- Want “one defender, couple of midfielders and always looking to improve the “front line.”

- Expects it to be “very busy and we will see “a lot of movement.”

- Not happy with “what he has at the moment.”

- Bamford didn’t not want to leave and if he wanted to say all he had to say was “I don’t want to go.”

- Not heard from anyone at the club that there has been contact for Britt.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Pulis also responded to reports linking Teessider Jordan Hugill with a move to Middlesbrough.

"I've spoken about players that are with us," Pulis said.

"Hugill is West Ham's player and I think it's not my place to discuss that.

"That will be done between the two clubs, out of respect."

Pulis on Hugill

I'd expect to see Gibson and Adama against Sheff UTD on Tuesday as a goodbye game.

Going to be a very busy and interesting week next week.

I'm in the small minority but I trust Pulis with a budget and to bring in adequate replacements to achieve our goal providing Gibson gives him the money from the sales.