• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I genuinely fear for the well-being of some people on here... let's try not to have too much of a melt down just yet and remember a few things:

a) when last season ended most of us were expecting Gibson & Traore to move on

b) Bamford was never going to be Pulis' first choice so his chances were going to be limited

c) The players were being linked with that people are melting down over haven't yet signed (and may not)

d) Look at the squad Cardiff went up with last year  - being organised, hard working and hard to beat are far more important than people give credit for

e) the team with the best defence goes up more often than the team with the best offence

Let's just take a breath and wait to see what happens over the next week or so before having a total meltdown!

Problem is we sell them this late in the window. The window close in 6 days. We are not famous to do quick business

It is the lateness in the day that has made the most impact on me, yes rumours of departures have been going on for a while but with the first game of the season starting tomorrow it feels that we are so under prepared for the season to come

I'd expect to see Gibson and Adama against Sheff UTD on Tuesday as a goodbye game.

Going to be a very busy and interesting week next week.

I'm in the small minority but I trust Pulis with a budget and to bring in adequate replacements to achieve our goal providing Gibson gives him the money from the sales.

If transfers are going to happen for Traore and Gibson then we wont see them in the line up on Tuesday and maybe not tomorrow either!

I'd expect to see Gibson and Adama against Sheff UTD on Tuesday as a goodbye game.

Going to be a very busy and interesting week next week.

I'm in the small minority but I trust Pulis with a budget and to bring in adequate replacements to achieve our goal providing Gibson gives him the money from the sales.

If transfers are going to happen for Traore and Gibson then we wont see them in the line up on Tuesday and maybe not tomorrow either!

Neither will wear the shirt again for Boro

At this point in the window I honestly believe we are preparing for a few more years in this league. Pretty much selling the spine of our team if we lose Traore, Gibson, Assombalonga on top of Bamford.

Even if we reinvest every penny replacing these players, on top of adding a left winger we also need two wing backs. That's pretty much a full overhaul & it will take time for new players to gel. On top of this we are singing championship players who are likely to be fairly low earners (Other than Besic).

All of the above says to me they are trying to get the club in a healthy financial position whilst doing our best with a fairly cheap squad.

Maybe in 3 - 5 years we will have another Karanka :)

Enes Mahmutovic impressed me from the radio commentary, but he doesn't seem to be around the first team

He’s a lanky centre back that they stuck at right back

Carragher played at both FB positions, DCM and didn't turn out to be a bad CB, playing games is what count, the commentary was he was quick and good on the ball.

If we make about 33 million from Gibbo and Adama we should have plenty of money to make some decent signings coupled with a few key loans. If Woods is such a huge talent I’m not sure we need to be replacing Gibson with a big money signing. A decent loan would do for me. Even a one year contract for Huth could be interesting providing wages are sensible. We already have Fry who needs game time along with two seasoned defenders in Ayala and Flint while Shotton can also play there. I’d much rather get a right back to challenge Shotton. And then a few wingers.

Huth- free

Bryan- 6 mil

Besic- 6 mil

Ojo- loan with a view to buy

Hugill- 2 mil loan fee

Philips- 13 mil

Right back on loan possibly

27 million

I genuinely fear for the well-being of some people on here... let's try not to have too much of a melt down just yet and remember a few things:

a) when last season ended most of us were expecting Gibson & Traore to move on

b) Bamford was never going to be Pulis' first choice so his chances were going to be limited

c) The players were being linked with that people are melting down over haven't yet signed (and may not)

d) Look at the squad Cardiff went up with last year  - being organised, hard working and hard to beat are far more important than people give credit for

e) the team with the best defence goes up more often than the team with the best offence

Let's just take a breath and wait to see what happens over the next week or so before having a total meltdown!

Problem is we sell them this late in the window. The window close in 6 days. We are not famous to do quick business

I don’t think that’s quite true. Flint was done quickly and Mcnair would have too if his agent hadn’t started games. Over the years we have had plenty of surprise transfers that seemed to have happened very quickly. A protracted deal is probably more down to selling clubs wanted to see if they can get a better deal elsewhere or a player contemplating his options. I get the impression that we have become a lot more stern when it comes to negotiations and setting deadlines. Think we learned a lot from the Lindelöf debacle.

This isn't quite what I was expecting from us this window. I feel sick.

You and me both mate. 

To be fair Boro are usually good at building some sort of hype during transfer windows even if it doesn't work out in the season. 

This has got to be the most depressing summer transfer window I can remember, gonna take some major work to turn it around.