oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

So we've got Gibson and Traore set to leave, Ayala on long-term sick and a group of 4 strikers who Pulis doesn't rate.

Out of those strikers Braithwaite doesn't want to be here, we massively overpaid for Britt and Fletcher so we'll lose money on them when we eventually get rid and Gestede is completely useless.

We've still got no creativity in the squad and the likes of Downing, Friend and Leadbitter are on big wages while not being good enough anymore.

Those who think we'll be chasing promotion might need to readjust their expectations, this feels like a 12 month rebuilding job and Pulis has 24 hours to try and do it.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It does feel like it's going to be a panicky and it's a gamble to leave our business so late in the window but let's see where we end up first.

I do get the point about it being depressing though, season starts tomorrow and i'm completely not bothered. Compare this summer window to last year's and they are worlds away

Can people stop bedwetting, for all we know the club could be working on multiple incoming transfers behind the scenes, and those transfers could be a lot further along than has been made public.

Even those ITK might not have been told if they're big names for security reasons.

Just a thought.

Can people stop bedwetting, for all we know the club could be working on multiple incoming transfers behind the scenes, and those transfers could be a lot further along than has been made public.

Even those ITK might not have been told if they're big names for security reasons.

Just a thought.

I'm sure we are working on signings but it doesn't change the fact that big changes are going to be required in the space of 24hrs. It's hardly ideal.

I'm sure we are working on signings but it doesn't change the fact that big changes are going to be required in the space of 24hrs. It's hardly ideal.

We aren't going to make the changes in 24 hours or rather it's unlikely we will and we do still have the rest of the month.

Hugill and Besic are fairly likely I'd suggest.  Assuming Traore goes we now need two wide attacking players rather than just the one for the left hand side and by the sounds of it Pulis wants a replacement for Gibson.  His comments don't seem to mention where Bryan might fit in if we're interested unless he's thinking of him in midfield as a few have mentioned.  So Hugill, Besic, a central defender from somewhere and probably two players for out wide?

Just a thought.

It will all be fine, Pulis always does his business late, we all expectedGibbo and Traore to leave, he’s mentioned that we have contingency plans, when they do, no need to panic. Last year’s transfer window was a shocker, this one will have a lot more thought behind it.

It does feel like it's going to be a panicky and it's a gamble to leave our business so late in the window but let's see where we end up first.

I do get the point about it being depressing though, season starts tomorrow and i'm completely not bothered. Compare this summer window to last year's and they are worlds away

Yes they are. Last year proved to be a disaster and everyone has spent a year criticizing the club for paying too much and now the same people are criticizing the club for taking a different approach and not just paying the asking prices to get deals done quickly. We wanted deals done early last year and paid too much for that approach while this year we are looking for more value and getting some players out first.

The window is still very much open and we could within a few days go from bedwetting to bedcumming... Have faith and save the panic till the end of August, that'd be nice.

The window is still very much open and we could within a few days go from bedwetting to bedcumming... Have faith and save the panic till the end of August, that'd be nice.

Bedwetting to bedcumming. That is a delightful turn of phrase :)