oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I think we might have to, in all honesty. I think if Gibson and Traore both go then we might just about break even.

Interesting that Tony Fernandes put on Twitter that Freeman wasn't for sale the other day. He'll be in for one hell of a backlash if they don't get a decent fee for him. He already had to justify selling Alex Smithies and Charlie Austin for a pittance according to their fans.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SkySports_Keith

Middlesbrough are in talks with QPR over a move for midfielder Luke Freeman.

AT LAST! Let's get some signings in please. Do people reckon we will spend most of the cash we bring in from sales then?

I would guess so but with vastly reduced wages

@SkySports_Keith

AT LAST! Let's get some signings in please. Do people reckon we will spend most of the cash we bring in from sales then?

Strange QPR chairman coming out and tweeting explicitly that he’s not for sale. I know everyone has a price but surely he would have said something like we don’t want to sell/we’re trying to keep hold of him.

@SkySports_Keith

If we get in 40 million I reckon we'll spend maybe 20. I can't see any 10 million + signings. Maybe a striker for 8, a midfielder for 5-6, and a defender for 5-6. Then maybe a winger on loan. Maybe more loans and less permanents bringing the net spend down even further.

If we sign Besic and Freeman, which I think we are going to try, I think we'll be looking to play with a completely new midfield 3. Besic/Freeman/Mcnair. Looks decent on paper tbf.

I think we might have to, in all honesty. I think if Gibson and Traore both go then we might just about break even.

Interesting that Tony Fernandes put on Twitter that Freeman wasn't for sale the other day. He'll be in for one hell of a backlash if they don't get a decent fee for him. He already had to justify selling Alex Smithies and Charlie Austin for a pittance according to their fans.

Beat me to it re fernandes comments :D

If we sign Besic and Freeman, which I think we are going to try, I think we'll be looking to play with a completely new midfield 3. Besic/Freeman/Mcnair. Looks decent on paper tbf.

Would be amazing to see a totally revamped midfield like that

Been looking through the QPR forum, while they are definitely unhappy about losing him, I just don't see where he fits in a Pulis team?

Would be happy to let him go for the right price. Hes not an out and out number 10 nor a natural wide player. Having him in the midfield stops us playing with two wingers - which stops the supply Smith thrives off. 

If him going means a decent striker coming in, then happy days.  

Given its only one quote from random fan but I'm pretty sure we already have someone in our squad that we could say exactly the same about and couldn't get a game because of it.

I don't see Freeman in a 3-man midfield. From watching him, he looks like he'd be completely out of place there. He'll be coming in to play in one of the wide positions I'd suspect.

Deluded, Bedwetters, Rose Tinted are terms I only ever read about on a football forum. I don’t particularly like any of them because they are usually used to describe someone that has a differing option to yourself and are a bit insulting, and are a tad extreme. But to keep balance if Carlsberg did transfer windows players that would have stayed would be:

Traore

Gibbo

Paddy

However they’re our most saleable assets so let’s look at each one in turn

Paddy. An intelligent striker that scores goals and is totally different to the two strikers we have (I think Britt & Rudy are quite similar). Am I sorry to see him go? Yes. Can he realistically be replaced? Yes also and by a similar quality striker that will he more adept to TP style and more importantly we can attract here

Gibbo. Should’ve left last season but felt a duty to right the wrong of our premier league campaign. That gas cost us a few quid on his price tag. But I feel most agree a premier league move is best for him and also like it or not Burnley is a good fit. Can we replace him? We already have Flint is a top quality defender that adds goals. Does he have the potential of Gibbo? No. I think Gibbo will achieve a ton more than Aden but he is a more than adequate replacement for the back four at championship level

Adama. The biggest threat we have. A talent that is unrivalled at championship level. But £18.5 million upfront is massive. Can we replace him? No, there are wingers that can offer the same but they will not come to a championship club. Can we use that money to a) buy a good quality replacement (Adomah etc) yes and b) with the added bonus of us sorting the left side out

too.

So what? I hear you ask.

The so what is yes we’ve lost 3 good players but it’s nowher near put us in the situation some people think if we sold Traore and we got Bryan & Adomah I’d be happy. I’d actually swap Traore for those two because as proven that season we need strength in all positions not just a one man team that was proved to be able to combat against by the more savvy managers

That’s what I think anyway

www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-reject-approach-from-middlesbrough-for-freeman/amp

Freeman approach rejected apparently. Have to admit, Freeman doesn’t excite me in the slightest.

It’s pretty gutting when you’re losing quality like Traore and Bamford and being linked with the likes of Waghorn, Freeman and Robson Kanu.

Ffs adomah adomah adomah

Do no other right wingers exist?

Who are we going to get at rb? Nsue?

Sick of this obsession with ex players it’s totally bizzare

Calm the *** down Lino. I was using Albert as a example. I know they’re other wingers. My point is we have the money to get a very accomplished championship winger.

I must admit my post doesn’t flow brilliantly but that’s because I’m sat in a bar in the Philippines and have been drinking for 5 hours :s