Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gibson hasn’t travelled to Millwall

Presumably the lack of mention means Adama has?

Pulis confirmed this morning that Adama returned to training today and he's good to go, nothing serious. What a huge boost that would be if he features in some capacity tomorrow.

With bids flying around, could he not be in the squad as he may be unsettled? I'm sure this has happened before.

Would think this is 100% what’s happened... Ben must be keen to move or at least talk. Can’t blame the lad one bit

So I cant believe I did it but I have caught up on the transfer thread. Im just gonna throw my pennies in starting back to front.....

Signing a 34 year old keeper probably just means that Dimi will have his focus elsewhere or Pulis thinks he is past the state of playing backup. Ripley leaving on loan has become an annual tradition now and surely its time to keep him or cash in.

I think we need 2 new full backs but we sold the 2 best footballing fullbacks we had so I fear new fullbacks would mean Huth and Woodgate...getting in some fullbacks that can use the ball would be my absolute priority to replace Friend/Shotton. Also frees them up to play Cb if needed rather than shifting Fry and Mcnair out wide.

I am happy Gibson is going. After how he has grown with us and stuck around for a season after relegation I want him to push on play european football (ideally Champions league but hey ho) and get in and around England squad again. I would be happy going into a season with Flint, Fry, Ayala when fit, Shotton if we can get a decent RB replacement/backup,Woods (havent seen him but great reviews) and also Mcnair and Friend can play there.

I would like to see Besic back. And as much as I love Clayton he would take his startin place in the team if we are going to play 3cm. Over the course of the season we could use Besic, Howson, Mcnair, Clayton, Downing and Wing there. Leadbitter should be shipped. My favourite captain behind Southgate but he doesnt have that tear around energy anymore.

If Traore goes, which we all expected and most of us (me included admittedly) were eager to see start of last season, then yes we need a player to replace him. For me there is no reason why Chapman and Tav shouldnt be in contention for those wide slots. It woukd be hypocritical of us to slate Pulis because he doesnt play youths and then expect him to sign 3 players to replace Traore. Id rather see Downing moved centrally or even to the MLS/China but that wont happen which probably leaves 1 slot if we assume Downing Tav and Champman will be given a chance. I would like to see Braithwaite as one of these wide forwards but I dont think he is sticking around.

Up front is our biggest quandry as we currently have 3 strikers than can arguebaly be good strikers played in the right system. Getting rid of Bamford was a gutter as for me he is the best all rounder of the lot, but we did have 4 strikers for 1 place. Id rather we just stuck with those 3.

As people have alluded to, Pulis contract is up and he likely wont renew. Id therefore rather he did his steadying, played the youths and current squad for a season and left the groundwork for the next coach to build from rather than him needing to sell before he can buy. According to transfermarket we already have the smallest championship squad which is what Pulis wanted and that is bringing our youth players further up the pecking order, which is what we wanted. I think it was NB4 who said he struggled to relate to anyone other than Bamford Gibson and Traore and the old Friend. I would add Clayton to that but the current crop do have a lot of work to do to recreate that togetherness I felt i the championship seasons under Karanka and I think having some local stars would really increase that.

Id guess this post has been the opposite of bedwetting as im happy just to run with the majority of the squad ( 2 full backs, Besic and a wide player if Traore leaves please) and just see what happens. It probably wont win the league but im also confident it wont go down. I aint reading this back to make sure it doesnt read like drivel

So we've got Gibson and Traore set to leave, Ayala on long-term sick and a group of 4 strikers who Pulis doesn't rate.

Out of those strikers Braithwaite doesn't want to be here, we massively overpaid for Britt and Fletcher so we'll lose money on them when we eventually get rid and Gestede is completely useless.

We've still got no creativity in the squad and the likes of Downing, Friend and Leadbitter are on big wages while not being good enough anymore.

Those who think we'll be chasing promotion might need to readjust their expectations, this feels like a 12 month rebuilding job and Pulis has 24 hours to try and do it.

This feels like 1986 all over again

If you think this feels like 1986, you weren’t there.

Id guess this post has been the opposite of bedwetting as im happy just to run with the majority of the squad ( 2 full backs, Besic and a wide player if Traore leaves please) and just see what happens. It probably wont win the league but im also confident it wont go down. I aint reading this back to make sure it doesnt read like drivel

I've got no problem with giving younger players a go, in fact I've championed it at times on here.  However my idea was to build around our best players not sell them off and then build around lesser ones. I'm also not convinced that Pulis is going to do that though or that he'd be the right person to do it.  He doesn't have a track record of doing it and he seems to be suggesting he wants to bring a lot of players in, which would run counter to that philosophy.

If the plan is to hand over to Woodgate, which is what I now believe, then it's possible we're in a holding pattern for a year but I'm not completely sure what the point of that is really?  If the idea is to give Woodgate another year working with experienced people then ok but should we be bringing lots of players in to the club in that case?  If Woodgate is having a major say in our transfers then that's fine but he's still not going to be calling the shots until next season.  All of that is obviously based on the premise stated in the first line of this paragraph I'm well aware of that.

It feels like it has done for a while tbh, that we are betwixt and between different ideas of how we should progress.  We probably aren't, people at the club no doubt have a firm idea of what they're doing but then they probably did last summer and the summer before as well.  It just feels like we're veering from one short term solution to another to me though.  So we'll sign a few players this coming week, they will be no more than decent Championship players most likely and we'll have a decent Championship squad but that's not what we are aiming for, at least I thought it wasn't.  The quote below made me laugh fwiw, that's some switch in position :)

'Id rather see Downing moved centrally or even to the MLS/China'

£13million bid for Gibbo rejected

Dyche is just toying with us....

Possibly but as we keep rejecting it then it's not exactly the greatest plan in the world is it?  It's just dragging out something that they presumably would like done reasonably quickly.

The window is still very much open and we could within a few days go from bedwetting to bedcumming... Have faith and save the panic till the end of August, that'd be nice.

The boards own Oscar Wilde.

And not even in my native tongue, but hopefully my English is better than your Danish ::PP

I reckon Billy's Danish could be better than your Danish. :D

Nu ville ikke jeg gå så langt

Confession to make, I thought the window closed today, that's why a few of my posts probably sound like I'm overreacting a bit! Ha ha

I did wonder why you said 24 hours but I thought you just wanted the players in ready for the Millwall game  :D