oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Apparently? Which source is that one?

Birmingham fans don't believe there's anything in it. Are they not under an embargo?

It’s crazy season no one knows what’s going on anymore

Was reported that Brum have been given free reign to sign 5 new players before the window starts so any interest they had in our players could now be followed up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45051517

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sky Sports just making a story out of nothing, then. Not for the first time, complete amateurs!

:funny: :D :funny: :D :funny: :D :funny: :D :funny: 

It's terrible when people do that, isn't it?

P1010949.JPG

FREEMAN TALKS END

We reported earlier today that Middlesbrough have made an enquiry for QPR’s Luke Freeman.

But talks appear to have ended abruptly, with one club source insisting the midfielder is not leaving Loftus Road in this window.

Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes also insisted on Twitter earlier this week that Freeman is “not for sale”.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Their chairman is already getting grief from their fans so this might be a ploy.  Walk away, state again that he's not for sale, we come in with a stupid amount (as is our wont) and then he can turn round and say "well we wanted to keep him but boro just blew us away with the amount they offered"

FREEMAN TALKS END

We reported earlier today that Middlesbrough have made an enquiry for QPR’s Luke Freeman.

But talks appear to have ended abruptly, with one club source insisting the midfielder is not leaving Loftus Road in this window.

Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes also insisted on Twitter earlier this week that Freeman is “not for sale”.

Their chairman is already getting grief from their fans so this might be a ploy.  Walk away, state again that he's not for sale, we come in with a stupid amount (as is our wont) and then he can turn round and say "well we wanted to keep him but boro just blew us away with the amount they offered"

Alternatively, he might not be for sale.

Hugill is a Boro fan so its a no brainer he would want to come here and play regular football rather than sit on the bench at West Ham.

His scoring record is at best average. If he scores more this season than Bamford I’ll show my *** in the window of the artist formerly known as Binns.

He may be a Pulis type player, but that just means ‘runs around a lot, puts himself about a bit’. Give me Paddy every single time.

Yeah, tell me to forget him and move on. I won’t. I would have rather got rid of Pulis than Paddy. Built a team round him.

Still, I’ll always have his showreel and that goal against Derby.

*** you Pulis!

FREEMAN TALKS END

Alternatively, he might not be for sale.

Maybe, but Les Ferdinand was in one of the London papers this morning saying that QPR fans need to come to terms with the fact they're a selling club

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-fans-must-get-used-to-our-best-players-being-sold-says-director-of-football-les-ferdinand-a3903311.html

Hugill is a Boro fan so its a no brainer he would want to come here and play regular football rather than sit on the bench at West Ham.

His scoring record is at best average.  If he scores more this season than Bamford I’ll show my *** in the window of the artist formerly known as Binns.

He may be a Pulis type player, but that just means ‘runs around a lot, puts himself about a bit’.  Give me Paddy every single time.

Yeah, tell me to forget him and move on.  I won’t.  I would have rather got rid of Pulis than Paddy.  Built a team round him.  

Still, I’ll always have his showreel and that goal against Derby.

*** you Pulis!

Hugill is a targetman, they generally do score less its their style. why did west ham spend 10mill on him but lesser clubs would only loan paddy? if like you suggesting paddy is so much better is true the seems a bit odd that the boro lad is valued by a club more highly.

there is more to football than prancing about looking good and scoring a few goals. just like there is more to football than being the big man up top causing problems with your strength etc.

the style difference i'm not bothered about. i'm bothered that paddy wasnt a great fit in the team and hugill might well be. i'll take hugill thanks. hes better than what we have/had(paddy) to play how we play. he'll be more effective for us.

we are going to be that horrible physical team with added quality that nobody likes to play against this season. enjoy it.

So why are West Ham selling him having barely played? Hugill is a lump - that may work for us but let’s not pretend he’s a world beater. One decent season means nothing - hence why losing Traore is annoying but not the end of the world. Bigger issue is what sort of team we’re left with.

So why are West Ham selling him having barely played? Hugill is a lump - that may work for us but let’s not pretend he’s a world beater. One decent season means nothing - hence why losing Traore is annoying but not the end of the world. Bigger issue is what sort of team we’re left with.

A horrible one apparently  :)

I suppose it's the same reason they never played Snodgrass.

he was totally useless last season for villa. if you cant get in west hams team they the champo is to hard for you i guess. ::D

ps i was taking the mick, snoddy stats = Goals 8, Assists 15.

if we sign hugill please everyone get behind him, hes local and no doubt his mates will look on here and things might get back to him. negativity is like a virus.

Of course - will aleways back whoever is playing. Love a boro fan playing for the club - making Gibson’s potential loss all the more painful. However, I am worried about the way the club is being run - we seem to be in a bit of a mess. I guess not having the relationship with the gazette means the club is a black box - which makes trusting them now all the more difficult....