oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If Adama didn't want to go to Wolves his agent could've shut it down weeks ago.

Why would he do that? It's in his interest to get the best contract possible to have as much interest in his client as possible

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adama can go to Wolves and if he makes his mark in the PL then he can go on to a bigger cub whether its in this country or abroad, so its in Adama's interest to move to the PL rather than *** about in the Championship for another season.

Adama can go to Wolves and if he makes his mark in the PL then he can go on to a bigger cub whether its in this country or abroad, so its in Adama's interest to move to the PL rather than *** about in the Championship for another season.

He can only make his mark if he plays well and he's only played well for Pulis.

If the rumours are true that Wolves are willing to bid the value of the release clause, I think he will. I think if he was definitely staying then he'd have signed the contract already. The fact he's keeping his options open for as long as he is speaks volumes to me.

The bit I don’t understand is why wolves haven’t bought him already.  They know we don’t want to sell they know we will only sell because we have to if the clause is met.  So why are they messing around putting smaller bids or even not just giving us the clause amount

I've had this thought too. I think if adama was really keen on a move to wolves hed have been on to his agent to be telling them to activate the clause so he can get moved and settled in or he'll sign a new deal with boro or go elsewhere.

I think he's waiting for a bigger team to come in for him and that he might sign the contract rather than go to wolves.

He's 100% waiting for a bigger club.

And why would he sign a different contract now? Its in his favour not to. If he has a good season then he will be a really cheap option for a premier club at £18m.

Put a bigger release clause in?

Pulis is the only manager to ever get anything out of him. Is the bigger risk going to the PL and flopping, rather than staying settled in the Champo and tearing it to pieces?

Not sure it entirely is in his interest to go tbh.

The bit I don’t understand is why wolves haven’t bought him already.  They know we don’t want to sell they know we will only sell because we have to if the clause is met.  So why are they messing around putting smaller bids or even not just giving us the clause amount

I've had this thought too. I think if adama was really keen on a move to wolves hed have been on to his agent to be telling them to activate the clause so he can get moved and settled in or he'll sign a new deal with boro or go elsewhere.

I think he's waiting for a bigger team to come in for him and that he might sign the contract rather than go to wolves.

And why would he sign a different contract now? Its in his favour not to. If he has a good season then he will be a really cheap option for a premier club at £18m.

Cant see how that is in Traores interest.

The ball is Adama's court, he can go if the clause is triggered, stay even if it's triggered, with or without a new contract, only time we get a say is if nobody triggers the clause by 17.00 BST Thursday.

Pulis is the only manager to ever get anything out of him. Is the bigger risk going to the PL and flopping, rather than staying settled in the Champo and tearing it to pieces?

Not sure it entirely is in his interest to go tbh.

But as I was saying earlier, fact is that A manager has managed to get it out of him. And every manager worth their salt will be telling him they can do the same. I'm not sure it is the right move but in terms of Traore himself, he's going to be told Nuno can do the same if not more to get his best football out of him. We can all but guarantee it, we just can't guarantee it will be in the top division.

Am I right in saying if we keep Adama past the deadline next Thursday a European team could still sign him right up until September 1st providing they match the release clause?

We believe so, depending on the clause restrictions etc.