• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Braithwaite has removed the Bordeaux pics in his Twitter bio and now just has a picture of him playing for Denmark. Looks like that move is dead then.

He could be useful for us, if he want's to play his chance of a move away in January...

Braithwaite has removed the Bordeaux pics in his Twitter bio and now just has a picture of him playing for Denmark. Looks like that move is dead then.

I think we are going to be left in a really rubbish situation with Braithwaite. Reading between the lines, I don’t think the relationship between Pulis and Braithwaite is great. All these comments about him wanting players that want to be here and how Braithwaite chose to go out on loan in January. I don’t think Pulis is going to ever play Braithwaite so if we aren’t able to offload him I think we will end up having to pay his wages and he won’t be utilised.

I think we are going to be left in a really rubbish situation with Braithwaite. Reading between the lines, I don’t think the relationship between Pulis and Braithwaite is great. All these comments about him wanting players that want to be here and how Braithwaite chose to go out on loan in January. I don’t think Pulis is going to ever play Braithwaite so if we aren’t able to offload him I think we will end up having to pay his wages and he won’t be utilised.

Hopefully neither Pulis nor Braithwaite is dumb enough not to do their best to make the best of the situation. If MB gives 100% Pulis should use him otherwise it’s an incredible waste of money and he has said plenty of times he will not waste Gibson’s money.

Hopefully neither Pulis nor Braithwaite is dumb enough not to do their best to make the best of the situation. If MB gives 100% Pulis should use him otherwise it’s an incredible waste of money and he has said plenty of times he will not waste Gibson’s money.

I just think that the way Pulis will see it is that Braithwaite chose to go out in loan rather than fight to help us get promoted so his heart isn’t in it and that seems to be a massive thing for Pulis. I think it would require a lot of hard work for Braithwaite to work his way back into Pulis’ reckoning. And as much as I think Braithwaite still has plenty to offer us I think the best conclusion would be if we got a decent offer for him and he moved on.

In an ideal world, maybe Braithwaite should be moved on. However, with limited resources available.. shouldn't we just try him out?

He's a good player and I think it's foolish to spend more when we have someone with all the attributes on the bench.

In an ideal world, maybe Braithwaite should be moved on. However, with limited resources available.. shouldn't we just try him out?

He's a good player and I think it's foolish to spend more when we have someone with all the attributes on the bench.

I disagree... the ideal world is where Pulis and Braithwaite put all historical disagreements behind them, Braithwaite stays and shoots us to promotion.

However, realistically, I think Pulis is stubborn (most managers are). Pulis wants players to want to be here and to fight for their place in the team and do whatever it takes to be in the starting line up, whether that’s play in a position that isn’t your favoured position, or to do more defensive work than you are usually used to. Braithwaite chose not to do that and instead go out on loan and I don’t think that will sit well with Pulis, evidenced by numerous digs Pulis has made in Braithwaite’s direction in interviews/press conferences.

I just think there’s history between the 2 now. History that will be difficult to recover from and it might just be better for everyone to cut our losses and get rid if (hopefully) a half decent offer comes in.

One thing we need to do is save a bit of money for January because if Adama does go to Wolves and flops he might be back here again for the second half of the season, just to confirm promotion! (Juninho back and forth brings back memories).

Rumour on a Wolves forum regarding the Traore deal is that they may be trying for Goncalo Guedes before they trigger Traore's clause. They might have to pay double/triple the fee (apparently Valencia willing to pay £35m but PSG want more than £53m) but he is a client of Jorge Mendes so wouldn't be surprised to see that happen one way or another.

One of them suggested they'll keep trying for Guedes until deadline day and trigger Traore's release clause as a backup plan. Really leaves us in a bit of a *** position. Thank God the loan window will still be open when their window closes...

I disagree... the ideal world is where Pulis and Braithwaite put all historical disagreements behind them, Braithwaite stays and shoots us to promotion.

However, realistically, I think Pulis is stubborn (most managers are). Pulis wants players to want to be here and to fight for their place in the team and do whatever it takes to be in the starting line up, whether that’s play in a position that isn’t your favoured position, or to do more defensive work than you are usually used to. Braithwaite chose not to do that and instead go out on loan and I don’t think that will sit well with Pulis, evidenced by numerous digs Pulis has made in Braithwaite’s direction in interviews/press conferences.

I just think there’s history between the 2 now. History that will be difficult to recover from and it might just be better for everyone to cut our losses and get rid if (hopefully) a half decent offer comes in.

From the Echo.

It is understood that Middlesbrough will tie up an £8m deal for Waghorn first, then Boro-born Hugill will cost a loan fee of around £2m if it goes ahead like both parties want.

They seem to think that we are in for Foghorn Waghorn by the sounds of it. Loaning Hugill May be a sensible option.

As much as I think Waghorn would be a half decent signing, £8mill is way too much!

On Hugill I personally think Gestede is better but maybe he will give us that an extra 10-20% as he is a local lad and fan