• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we not just employ the Ipswich Town scouting, recruitment and negotiating team to replace ours. They are about to earn a 7.5 million pound profit on a player who was booed out of the Scottish Pointless League for being, well, useless. We on the other hand are managing to reverse the rule of buy low and sell high.

Can we not just employ the Ipswich Town scouting, recruitment and negotiating team to replace ours. They are about to earn a 7.5 million pound profit on a player who was booed out of the Scottish Pointless League for being, well, useless. We on the other hand are managing to reverse the rule of buy low and sell high.

Sold a 33 year old Daryl Murphy to the toon for £6m as well didn’t they?

Feckin geniuses

One of them suggested they'll keep trying for Guedes until deadline day and trigger Traore's release clause as a backup plan. Really leaves us in a bit of a *** position. Thank God the loan window will still be open when their window closes...

Surely this would signal to Traore that they don't really want him, just think they can turn a quick profit on him as they did Afobe.

Wahgorn is an upgrade on Downing, admittedly not the most exciting one and wouldn't be my first choice... but does he improve the team, well yes he should do if he continues playing like last year.

SS, that is hardly a valid argument, I retired from football years ago with shot knees and a busted achilles, but I would be an improvement on Downing.☺

Wahgorn is an upgrade on Downing, admittedly not the most exciting one and wouldn't be my first choice... but does he improve the team, well yes he should do if he continues playing like last year.

SS, that is hardly a valid argument, I retired from football years ago with shot knees and a busted achilles, but I would be an improvement on Downing.☺

I'll cry if we are signing Waghorn for the left... Would rather just stick with Braithwaite or play Chapman there.

I'll cry if we are signing Waghorn for the left... Would rather just stick with Braithwaite or play Chapman there.

Well I'll happily bet that Downing and Pikerman will get the same number of goals and assists today :D

And yeah I would prefer Chapman too but cannot see it happening. Today would be a great opportunity to give him a chance especially with Adama out.

My personal review of the players we’ve been linked with...

Mo Besic - would be a super signing in my opinion. He added drive and impetus to our midfield last season which had been lacking for many years. Yes he was a little inconsistent and had a few off days but remember he was coming back from a long term injury. If we get him and he adds the consistency to his game I think he’ll be our best signing this summer.

Joe Bryan - would be another excellent signing. I would love us to sign him and play him left back to give us an attacking threat from the full back areas but unfortunately, with Pulis as manager, I can only ever see him starting left wing. He would still be an improvement on Downing at left wing though so I would definitely welcome this signing.

Martyn Waghorn - firstly, I’ll say that I believe he is being brought in to occupy the left wing role. Do I think he is an upgrade on Downing? In terms of footballing ability... No. In terms of goals and assists... yes. Is he worth the money being banded about? Certainly not. He will score more goals than Downing but I think having him playing left wing would leave us even more imbalanced than we already are. Think back to when Stuani played right wing. I hated it. Yes he scored the goals but it meant we could only ever attack down the left because Stuani had zero dribbling, crossing and creative attributes. Waghorn was booed out of Rangers. Didn’t score in nearly 4 months in the SPL (a league Kris Boyd tore apart). Signed for Ipswich for less than a million. He has 8 seasons in the Championship and only hit double figures twice (last season and when he got 12 for Leicester in 2009/2010). For £2-3m he would be useful to have as another option. For £8m it’s an absolutely terrible deal for us.

Jordan Hugill - it’s a funny one. I don’t think he’s a great player. However he will give absolutely everything and he’s bound to be an improvement to Gestede. Also, someone mentioned yesterday that they don’t have an affinity to many of our players anymore once we lose Gibbo, Traore and Bamford. I feel that way too. Hugill would draw an instant affinity as he’s a Boro lad. Should that be a factor when signing someone? No, definitely not. Is it a factor? For me, personally, yes. At the end of the day, if we get him on loan, it’s low risk, high reward so I would welcome the signing.

Sergi Canós - I think he’s a great little player. Tricky feet, exciting, skilful, great to watch. Attributes that we will desperately need should Traore go. Still massive question marks over end product and injuries but at the right price he would be worth a go, in my opinion.

Sheyi Ojo - Liverpool and their fans seem to rate him highly but anytime I’ve watched him I haven’t been convinced. He is still very raw. However he would again, like Canós, add that unpredictability and excitement that we will lose when Traore goes.

Luke Freeman - doesn’t excite me unfortunately. Every time I’ve watched him he just strikes me as a decent Championship creative midfielder. We certainly need a creative midfielder but if we have any aspirations of promotion this season I think we need better.