oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Wahgorn is an upgrade on Downing, admittedly not the most exciting one and wouldn't be my first choice... but does he improve the team, well yes he should do if he continues playing like last year.

SS, that is hardly a valid argument, I retired from football years ago with shot knees and a busted achilles, but I would be an improvement on Downing.☺

I'll cry if we are signing Waghorn for the left... Would rather just stick with Braithwaite or play Chapman there.

Well I'll happily bet that Downing and Pikerman will get the same number of goals and assists today :D

And yeah I would prefer Chapman too but cannot see it happening. Today would be a great opportunity to give him a chance especially with Adama out.

I’d be happy enough to have Waghorn on the left and move Stewy in the centre behind the striker

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wahgorn is an upgrade on Downing, admittedly not the most exciting one and wouldn't be my first choice... but does he improve the team, well yes he should do if he continues playing like last year.

SS, that is hardly a valid argument, I retired from football years ago with shot knees and a busted achilles, but I would be an improvement on Downing.☺

I'll cry if we are signing Waghorn for the left... Would rather just stick with Braithwaite or play Chapman there.

Well I'll happily bet that Downing and Pikerman will get the same number of goals and assists today :D

And yeah I would prefer Chapman too but cannot see it happening. Today would be a great opportunity to give him a chance especially with Adama out.

I’d be happy enough to have Waghorn on the left and move Stewy in the centre behind the striker

wow, that sounds absolutely horrendous.

wow, that sounds absolutely horrendous.

Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer other people. But I think Stewy could do a job in the centre as he can still pick those 10yrd through balls. He’s too old for the wing especially when Gorgeous George goes marauding up there only to give away possession and he needs to cover him. I’m just saying if it happened I wouldn’t be jumping off the transporter

waghorn will be CF, if we sign hugill our 3 striker will be them two and ruddy. i think we'll be shot of britt if anyone comes in for him.

I think you're right we'll be shot of Britt, but I'm 110% certain that Waghorn is being bought to play on the left of the front three. Our three CF options will be Hugill, Gestede and Fletcher.

waghorn will be CF, if we sign hugill our 3 striker will be them two and ruddy. i think we'll be shot of britt if anyone comes in for him.

I think you're right we'll be shot of Britt, but I'm 110% certain that Waghorn is being bought to play on the left of the front three. Our three CF options will be Hugill, Gestede and Fletcher.

Those three CF options are not really that’s good are they. Really hope we don’t sell Britt.

I don't think Britt will go anywhere now Bamford has gone and if those are the three options up front then im done. Hugill is garbage and no better than Rudy. Fletcher is not good enough.

Have a feeling that Fletcher will surprise us and grab around ten goals this season. Crazy thought maybe but I think last season toughened him up and he has had a decent pre season scoring a few goals.

Have a feeling that Fletcher will surprise us and grab around ten goals this season. Crazy thought maybe but I think last season toughened him up and he has had a decent pre season scoring a few goals.

I think there’s a decent player in there somewhere. Very much a confidence player. If he starts a couple of games and gets a couple of goals, could be a game changer. Would love to see him do well after spending the money on him. See also Braithwaite. If we’re not going to sell these players which is looking more likely, let’s try and use them to their potential.

i agree with the fletcher comments above, in pre season hes looked stronger and more confident. i think waghorn will deffo sign. he has a good set piece delivery, we have been saying we need that for the whole of preseason, well since gaston left even.

I still don’t quite understand why we are signing Waghorn when we still have Braithwaite on the books. Strike me as quite similar players in terms of positions they play although Braithwaite has a lot more ability. I know that Pulis might not fancy MB but can we really afford to have two 8 million pound players. If MB stays they both need to put their differences aside for the greater good. Best case scenario is we get our money back but I don’t see that happening. Bordeaux seems to have gone cold, Lazio have signed Correa and he didn’t particularly stand out at the World Cup. I can’t see where the suitors should come from. Can’t we just sell him to Fulham or Wolves.

If we pay 8 million quid for Waghorn then I am straight on the phone to our recruitment and finance departments. I own the mineral rights for this stretch of beach just outside Redcar, diamonds as big as your fist just lying there. I think I will probably ask a million for the mining rights but I am quite sure they will give me double that after negotiation?

I'm hoping Fletcher's given a chance. As others have said he looked more solid for Sunderland once he'd got his confidence back, and he's had a good pre-season. Arguably better than Bamford did and under similar circumstances.

As I said in the Millwal thread - I think the lads got over the huge fee looming over his head. Think some Boro fans need to do the same.

The money we spent on the lad will probably never be forgotten until he proves he was worth it. Right now, the lad is in the unfortunate position of representing how terrible our transfer window was last summer. And it might not be relevant when talking specifically about him but his transfer and others like it have put us in this situation this summer where we can't spend a great deal.

He's still young, can still improve and let's be honest, unless he does improve we're probably going to struggle to get rid of him. So he's probably going to be stuck around for a while. He has the opportunity to prove he's capable of improving whilst remaining tied to our club in one form or another.

But the reason most are so apathetic about him is because of his output for us. He's been far from great. We can't hide from that, he's just not been a good player for us, just like Marvin Johnson. Until they prove they can be good players, they're going to struggle to get any praise. And whilst our financial dealings remain a concern, he's going to be one of those who represents such poor decision making at the top.

I'm hoping Fletcher's given a chance. As others have said he looked more solid for Sunderland once he'd got his confidence back, and he's had a good pre-season. Arguably better than Bamford did and under similar circumstances.

As I said in the Millwal thread - I think the lads got over the huge fee looming over his head. Think some Boro fans need to do the same.

Regardless of fee, fans can only judge by what they're watching and for the most part Fletcher was awful.