• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly don't understand where this idea of Fletcher being rubbish has come from, the guy barely played for us

There’s a reason he barely played, whenever he did he looked shocking. Absolute donkey. He’s looked a lot better over preseason and can hopefully bring something to us this season.

I think that Fletcha will come good. He has the right attributes, he just need regular game time and he will come good. Right age, right height and building and when his head is in it, he will be very helpful this season.

------------------------------------------------

Could Ben Gibson's move to Burnley be announced at around the same time as the team sheet for today, to take away "some" of the nasty comments our fans for sure will haul at the club?

Honestly don't understand where this idea of Fletcher being rubbish has come from, the guy barely played for us

It's like he's controlling himself through a dial up connection game of fifa, always looks like his feet are 2 seconds behind his brain.

There’s a reason he barely played, whenever he did he looked shocking. Absolute donkey. He’s looked a lot better over preseason and can hopefully bring something to us this season.

There's a reason he barely played, because Assombalonga was banging them in so he couldn't get ahead of him.

Minutes played:

One full 90 minutes and mostly <10 minute cameos. Nowhere near enough to make a judgement.

Bamford played the same position and had the same amount of goals (1) when Pulis came in.

The money we spent on the lad will probably never be forgotten until he proves he was worth it. Right now, the lad is in the unfortunate position of representing how terrible our transfer window was last summer. And it might not be relevant when talking specifically about him but his transfer and others like it have put us in this situation this summer where we can't spend a great deal.

He's still young, can still improve and let's be honest, unless he does improve we're probably going to struggle to get rid of him. So he's probably going to be stuck around for a while. He has the opportunity to prove he's capable of improving whilst remaining tied to our club in one form or another.

But the reason most are so apathetic about him is because of his output for us. He's been far from great. We can't hide from that, he's just not been a good player for us, just like Marvin Johnson. Until they prove they can be good players, they're going to struggle to get any praise. And whilst our financial dealings remain a concern, he's going to be one of those who represents such poor decision making at the top.

This exactly. Most forget he was given chances last season and looked absolutely rubbish to put it nicely. Admittedly I went to Hartlepool and he looked bright but keeping in mind the level of the opposition I'll reserve any judgement. Best case scenario we sell him back to Monk at B'ham

There's a reason he barely played, because Assombalonga was banging them in so he couldn't get ahead of him.

Minutes played:

One full 90 minutes and mostly <10 minute cameos. Nowhere near enough to make a judgement.

Bamford played the same position and had the same amount of goals (1) when Pulis came in.

507 minutes of football and I've probably enjoyed about 10 minutes, doesn't wash with me that unfortunately, he needs to be proving himself in there 20 and 45 minute games he's getting, we can usually see in an oppositions team after 15 minutes who looks like a tidy player and who doesn't, you can't make a complete judgement on that but we've definitely seen enough to make a fair judgement I feel.

waghorn will be CF, if we sign hugill our 3 striker will be them two and ruddy. i think we'll be shot of britt if anyone comes in for him.

I think you're right we'll be shot of Britt, but I'm 110% certain that Waghorn is being bought to play on the left of the front three. Our three CF options will be Hugill, Gestede and Fletcher.

I’ve had a lot going on lately so I’m hardly on here. Just logged on and seen this. Wow, that is a depressing selection of strikers. The targets be touted are so uninspiring it’s unreal. Looks like it’s going to be a long season.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Gestede hasn’t travelled as well

Safe to assume that if Fletcher isn't on the bench today, then he's gone.

Minutes played:

One more reason he barely played: Monk signed a load of strikers to play a narrow 3 up top but then inexplicably bailed on the system after a couple games and eventually settled with one up top. Don’t doubt the lad was up against it given that plus Assombalonga’s form but it doesn’t change the fact that he was shocking whenever he played, and that’s primarily why he didn’t play. Whenever given a chance he failed to take it. There’s 6 games there where he’s played between 45-90 minutes. That’s enough of a chance to stake a claim in the team yet he never did.