oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Fletcher has Traore’s brain with Shotton’s touch. He has the physical attributes (pace, power) to make it but he never will as he doesn’t have the mental and technical attributes to match.

That’s what people were saying about traore a yr ago

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fletcher has Traore’s brain with Shotton’s touch. He has the physical attributes (pace, power) to make it but he never will as he doesn’t have the mental and technical attributes to match.

I refuse to believe anyone ever said that Traore had a bad touch. The ball sticks to his foot.

Unlike some people I want all our players irrelevant of history to do well.. because them doing well means boro doing well... come on BORO

You can still want someone to do well even if you expect that they probably won’t. There is a difference, you do realise that?

I haven’t read one person say that they don’t want Fletcher to do well. I’m sure everyone would be over the moon if he finished the season as the Championship’s top scorer. However, having seen him play, I suspect he probably won’t.

Optimism vs pessimism. So if he doesn't at least i've got 100% behind the lad vs bashing him on forums like this, calling him a donkey etc.

Fletcher seemed to do well for Sunderland's in their televised games towards the end of last season so I'm feeling a lot more positive about him than when he struggled to impose himself here. Once he regains his confidence fully and adapts to the physical nature of competitive football I think he has every opportunity to come good if he has the right mentality.

I refuse to believe anyone ever said that Traore had a bad touch. The ball sticks to his foot.

I meant the “he has all the attributes to succeed but never will “comment

Fletcher is younger than Lewis Wing ffs, shocking some of the stuff said about him on here.

Exactly. The lads a kid and a prospect; people are willing to give players like Wing and Chapman a chance but have already written off Fletcher.

And it's funny that some of those saying "it's not about the fee..." are the ones who bang on about it every time Fletcher's name is mentioned! ;)

You could also argue that people only think he's a prospect because of what he cost, if we'd brought him in on a free transfer he'd barely get a mention.

I can see the argument that he's got some of the physical attributes to be a player but you need a lot more than that to succeed at this level.

We are talking about Adama here, right? :P

I meant the “he has all the attributes to succeed but never will “comment

But Traore had a great touch and amazing dribbling ability to add to his pace and power. All he needed to do was add crossing or shooting and he was going to be a threat. Fletcher needs to add a first touch to his game to succeed and that is something that’s very difficult to coach. Here’s hoping he does though.

View from the Ipswich end on Waghorn:

Waghorn not even on the bench for #itfc. No surprise. His sale is key to Hurst signing the players he wants over coming days. Injury not a risk worth taking for one game.

Waghorn not even on the bench for #itfc. No surprise. His sale is key to Hurst signing the players he wants over coming days. Injury not a risk worth taking for one game.

Are they even bothered about him leaving?

They're turning 200k into 8m. Why would they be?

nothing to say that Boro are the club daft enough to pay it though!

Well we are turning 7 into 18.5 with traore. are we bothered