oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

View from the Ipswich end on Waghorn:

Waghorn not even on the bench for #itfc. No surprise. His sale is key to Hurst signing the players he wants over coming days. Injury not a risk worth taking for one game.

Are they even bothered about him leaving?

They're turning 200k into 8m. Why would they be?

Well we are turning 7 into 18.5 with traore.  are we bothered

Ok let me be more specific,

they're turning 200k into 8m on Martyn ***ing Waghorn.

I think even the most die hard of Ipswich fans would snap anyones hand off for that.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would their fans care about getting £8m? Not like it’s going in their pockets.

The quote tells you that too. Hurst needs to spend to improve his squad. Needs the money from Waghorn to do that. I imagine their fans are pretty well invested in their squad improving.

Why would their fans care about getting £8m? Not like it’s going in their pockets.

The quote tells you that too. Hurst needs to spend to improve his squad. Needs the money from Waghorn to do that. I imagine their fans are pretty well invested in their squad improving.

We need money to improve but ask our fans if they would want that to be at the expense of Bamford and Traore and you will get a strong no.

If we can replace Downing, Friend and Clayton we look good based on today:

Randolph

Shotton

Flint

Ayala

Bryan?

Besic?

McNair

Wing

Braithwaite

Waghorn?

Assombalonga

Looks good to me :)

no

Randolph

Shotton

Flint

Ayala

Bryan?

Besic?

McNair

Wing

Braithwaite

Waghorn?

Assombalonga

no

Realistically then, who would you be looking at, rather than just ***ing all over his bonfire and being full of sour grapes.

Randolph

Shotton

Flint

Ayala

Bryan?

Besic?

McNair

Wing

Braithwaite

Waghorn?

Assombalonga

no

Are you sure you don't want Waghorn in your team? You just equated his value to Ipswich as to that of Traore for us. Like Ipswich will be devoid of threat or creative talent if he leaves (i.e. the whole £8m means nothing to them because they lose him thing). It sounds to me like you'd love to have him here. :whistle:

pulis has just said Gibson who has left on BBC tees. so seems pretty much a done deal even if he needs to sort personal terms and medical (potentially completed today).

Been asked about it he said yeah it's done.

He also said Shotton is better at centre back so i can see a proper right back coming in.

Interesting. I'm not sure how much I agree with that based on his time here but it would seem as some suggested that he might use the Gibson funds to sign a right-back instead. I guess I was wrong about Flint taking Ayala's place too (unless Pulis really sees Fry as a first-teamer to replace Gibson).