oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If we're talking to West Ham about Hugill currently, we should enquire about Byram also, he definitely fits the bill and is a signing the fans would get behind I feel.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some Sheff United fans convinced Waghorn signing for them.

Keep Braithwaite instead, based on today's performance. Waghorn for £8m is twice what he's worth.

He also said Shotton is better at centre back so i can see a proper right back coming in.

Interesting. I'm not sure how much I agree with that based on his time here but it would seem as some suggested that he might use the Gibson funds to sign a right-back instead. I guess I was wrong about Flint taking Ayala's place too (unless Pulis really sees Fry as a first-teamer to replace Gibson).

I’ve heard one guy say the same about Britt. That we overpaid and the club are a joke then when it was mentioned he might be sold. He said. He’s one of the best forwards in the league if we sell him the club are a joke :)

Gibbo to Burnley confirmed by Pulis

https://t.co/Vse90fxTUJ

Absolutely gutting for him to go to a club like that, and I'm not disrespecting them.  They've punched above their weight since they got promoted.  I just mean that when we went up, that's where we should have got to, around 7th-10th place.  Everything went wrong when we got promoted, from woeful acquisitions, keeping AK beyond his sell-by-date, and everything between.

I honestly think, with the right manager, when we got promoted, that is where we would be now.

Good luck to him though, I think with that team, he could play his way back into the England squad.

If we can replace Downing, Friend and Clayton we look good based on today:

Randolph

Shotton

Flint

Ayala

Bryan?

Besic?

McNair

Wing

Braithwaite

Waghorn?

Assombalonga

Looks good to me :)

no

Realistically then, who would you be looking at, rather than just *** all over his bonfire and being full of sour grapes.

Not my job to find and know the status of players we need, Pulis the manager seems to agree with me though saying he wants 3 if not 5 new players.

Anyone that's expecting a starting XI better than the one I posted is highly deluded unfortunately

Expecting a starting 11 with a better rb than shotton is ‘highly deluded’?

Shotton was poor today I thought. Friend was also bad. We need a LB and RB. Bryan and Byram would be great but can’t see it happening.

Remember, Shotton threw the ball and Friend scored the goal. :blush:

Edit*.. I saw this

https://the4thofficial.net/2018/08/wolves-hoping-to-seal-a-move-for-53m-rated-ligue-1-winger/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Shotton was poor today I thought. Friend was also bad. We need a LB and RB. Bryan and Byram would be great but can’t see it happening.

Remember, Shotton threw the ball and Friend scored the goal. :blush:

Ha, you’re not wrong mate. Although except for that I though they were both still poor :)

If we can replace Downing, Friend and Clayton we look good based on today:

Randolph

Shotton

Flint

Ayala

Bryan?

Besic?

McNair

Wing

Braithwaite

Waghorn?

Assombalonga

Looks good to me :)

no

Realistically then, who would you be looking at, rather than just *** all over his bonfire and being full of sour grapes.

Not my job to find and know the status of players we need, Pulis the manager seems to agree with me though saying he wants 3 if not 5 new players.

and Bryan, Besic and Waghorn would count as...3 new players.

Holy crap, maths!

Appears to be some talk that we are interested in bringing back Lee Cattermole. He had asked his agent Margaret Byrne (She was Director at Mackems) for a move prior to pre-season. Interest from Hull City and it seems someone within our club still has a liking for him as we were linked with him in 2016 during Allardyce era. Not in the Sunderland squad today.

Appears to be some talk that we are interested in bringing back Lee Cattermole. He had asked his agent Margaret Byrne (She was Director at Mackems) for a move prior to pre-season. Interest from Hull City and it seems someone within our club still has a liking for him as we were linked with him in 2016 during Allardyce era. Not in the Sunderland squad today.

He can cope with living in the north east so that appears to be a big thing for some reason.  I think we'd be better looking elsewhere.

He can cope with living in the north east so that appears to be a big thing for some reason.  I think we'd be better looking elsewhere.

Agreed. I don't see the link though especially considering we were dealing with the Mackems over the McNair transfer. Perhaps Hull's recent interest has revived interest.