oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Why not build a team around our £15m striker instead of wasting him on the bench?

He's a great player to have in the box and a brilliant finisher a lot of the time. But, he can be lazy, hes offside loads and he has matches where he couldn't trap a bag of sand.

So play 2 up top, Hugill can drop deeper, let Britt concentrate on finding space and braithwaite and waghorn can come inside and provide support/link up.

As much as its nice to speculate it's all largely in vain when to my knowledge our current manager hasn't played that system for around 6 to 8 year.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waghorn was primarily a CF right? Do we know how often he was used RF / LF for Ipswich etc?

I tried to look but couldn't see, it's hard to tell from his YouTube clips as he takes corners and free kicks and seemed to get goals and assists from all over the pitch last season.

It has Joe Garner up top with him out on the right in the first half of the season quite a lot.  Then it looks like Garner was out injured and Waghorn moved into the middle.  But again, I don't know how accurate all of that is.

not as funny as your last post. 6 out of 10.

Stop trying to derail the thread please  :disappointed:

Stop derailing, Will you ::P

The hunter being hunted?

Why not build a team around our £15m striker instead of wasting him on the bench?

He's a great player to have in the box and a brilliant finisher a lot of the time. But, he can be lazy, hes offside loads and he has matches where he couldn't trap a bag of sand.

So play 2 up top, Hugill can drop deeper, let Britt concentrate on finding space and braithwaite and waghorn can come inside and provide support/link up.

As much as its nice to speculate it's all largely in vain when to my knowledge our current manager hasn't played that system for around 6 to 8 year.

I’m not saying he will I just think it’s daft to waste Britt on the bench when he is a good proven striker.

When you look at the Leeds team, we clearly could do with a couple of players who are disliked by other teams supporters, because they are mean, stroppy and prepared to put themselves about. We have too many nicey nicey sort of players!

When you look at the Leeds team, we clearly could do with a couple of players who are disliked by other teams supporters, because they are mean, stroppy and prepared to put themselves about. We have too many nicey nicey sort of players!

Are you proposing we stick CT upfront?! :s

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :tear:

Ive seen a few different figures banded about regarding Waghorn. 4.5m and 5.5m keep appearing, so it might be something inbetween that range. Would make sense with the Ipswich manager saying they aren't getting what they wanted for the player.

Ive seen a few different figures banded about regarding Waghorn. 4.5m and 5.5m keep appearing, so it might be something inbetween that range. Would make sense with the Ipswich manager saying they aren't getting what they wanted for the player.

They've already turned down 5m though, I'd be surprised if they hadn't managed to squeeze another mil out

I think all we have is sort of players :)

Not heard anything regarding Rodwell but Cattermole interest is firm and the hold up with him leaving them is money. If we are wanting Sunderland players then Bryan Oviedo would be an interesting choice (World Cup LB) as back up.