• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearing that #avfc are interested in #bcfc left-back Joe Bryan. Preparing a bid. More @birmingham_live

How are these teams with no money affording these expensive players?

Derby hi-jacking Middlesbrough's bid for Marytn Waghorn - Tony Pulis was furious at Boro's transfer activity before this weekend, he will be seething if this one fails....and rightly so. - Graeme Bailey.

Hear me out here, but I think there's a possibility of Pulis leaving after the window, like Redknapp did at QPR. He will not be happy at all.

Why don’t we just go for vydra

Wages??

With the lack of spend even in the prem and sales this summer we should have money, clearly not going to spend it though

Gibson and co. are gonna have some explaining to do after this window.

What do they have to explain? If you are talking about Waghorn here there is nothing to explain. We waited and got the fee down to 5 million from 8 million but apparently he is choosing another team. You’d probably want an explanation too if we had paid 8 million three weeks ago.

Hearing that #avfc are interested in #bcfc left-back Joe Bryan. Preparing a bid. More @birmingham_live

Nixon always insisted we've never once been in for him and it was just their owners trying to get bidding started.

Personally, I've really hit the point where I think I'd rather we just cashed the money from Bamford, Gibson and Traore and waited it out a year (or at least until January).

We all know by now that our transfer/scouting department is SHOCKING. We over-pay on players, negotiate poor contracts, and don't get much when we sell. Rarely do we improve on positions that need improving, and certainly not with genuine quality.

We're in a weird transitional period where our manager is clearly not here for the long-haul, we've not built any sort of philosophy or identity, and our current squad is frankly not fit for purpose. We're MILES off the Premier League.

The ONE shining light right now is we've got a really decent set of youngsters coming through. Tavernier, Chapman, Wing, Wood, Fry, and possibly others, could all form the basis of a team for the next 3-4 years. We should not be bothering panic-buying some over-aged Championship plodders to desperately fill a gap in the squad. Play the kids. Wait it out. Try to actually build a team instead of changing it every year when it doesn't go right.

Can you tell I've got some frustrations with how this club's run at the moment?

Gibson and co. are gonna have some explaining to do after this window.

What do they have to explain? If you are talking about Waghorn here there is nothing to explain. We waited and got the fee down to 5 million from 8 million but apparently he is choosing another team. You’d probably want an explanation too if we had paid 8 million three weeks ago.

You can't be serious. Maybe they need to explain why this window has been the worst I've seen in living memory in terms of where we stand financially and as a club?

Personally, I've really hit the point where I think I'd rather we just cashed the money from Bamford, Gibson and Traore and waited it out a year (or at least until January).

We all know by now that our transfer/scouting department is SHOCKING. We over-pay on players, negotiate poor contracts, and don't get much when we sell. Rarely do we improve on positions that need improving, and certainly not with genuine quality.

We're in a weird transitional period where our manager is clearly not here for the long-haul, we've not built any sort of philosophy or identity, and our current squad is frankly not fit for purpose. We're MILES off the Premier League.

The ONE shining light right now is we've got a really decent set of youngsters coming through. Tavernier, Chapman, Wing, Wood, Fry, and possibly others, could all form the basis of a team for the next 3-4 years. We should not be bothering panic-buying some over-aged Championship plodders to desperately fill a gap in the squad. Play the kids. Wait it out. Try to actually build a team instead of changing it every year when it doesn't go right.

Can you tell I've got some frustrations with how this club's run at the moment?

That second part about transfer negotiations just isn’t true at all. Fair enough we obviously overpaid for Fletcher and a bit for Britt but what other players are you on about? And I actually think we have done well in recent years when selling players.