oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

-------------Randolph

Shotton Flint Ayala Friend

---------------Clayton

---Mcnair----------------Besic

---------------Vydra

--Braithwaite Assombalonga

Lets just sack wingers off all together and play a 4-1-3-2 that we played in some of the preseason games...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-------------Randolph

Shotton Flint Ayala Friend

---------------Clayton

---Mcnair----------------Besic

---------------Vydra

--Braithwaite Assombalonga

Lets just sack wingers off all together and play a 4-1-3-2 that we played in some of the preseason games...

You need attacking fullbacks for that system which we don't have and I don't see Pulis wanting to have either.

I’ve skimmed through the posts and I’m left with the impression that people are labelling the club as pathetic because we are on the verge of selling a player that wanted to leave and was expected to leave.

The club is also hopeless at negotiating because it looks like a target that no one wanted us to sign, doesn’t want to sign for us.

Anything I’ve missed?

I’ve skimmed through the posts and I’m left with the impression that people are labelling the club as pathetic because we are on the verge of selling a player that wanted to leave and was expected to leave.

The club is also hopeless at negotiating because it looks like a target that no one wanted us to sign, doesn’t want to sign for us.

Anything I’ve missed?

no i think you've nailed it in one :D

this location thing might have mattered to British players years ago. but these days with the money they get on wages i dont think its much of an issue as it used to be.

I agree it's boring reading negative posts all the time. I'm usually one who puts a positive spin on everything. But there's very little to be positive about this window. We've lost 3/4 of our most liked players and I struggle to see where the replacements will come from. Just need something positive from the club...

Who's  the fourth?

Fabio, I know a lot of people really liked him.

I tend to lurk on here but felt the need to post after reading the incessant negativity and bedwetting which is unrealistic. 

The facts are:

Bamford wanted to go

Traore wants to go

Gibson deserved the chance at a higher level

We have made a significant amount of money on Traore and Gibson

We have brought in Flint who is a very good championship defender and will cover the loss of Gibson

We still have 4 days left of the window

Finally people need to realise Middlesbrough is an unfashionable club. We are in a deprived area off the beaten track. Our glory years where only realised by paying over the top wages. We simply cannot do that now as over the top wages now are heading toward the £50+ bracket. A Championship club cannot sustain that.

Let us reserve judgement about where we stand after 5pm on Thursday.

Honestly I really don't know how some people survive in stressful situations after reading some of the comments on here.

I disagree that we are an unfashionable club, we can still attract players perceived as the better players in the championship e.g. Britt, Clayton, Howson, Flint (all were quite highly rated before signing for us) and also lower level/reserve premier league players e.g Bamford, Fletcher, Randolph. And still the odd international player from abroad such as Braithwaite. 

I would say we still have more pulling power than so called big clubs such as Notts forest, Sheff Wed, etc... 

It wasn't that long ago we signed Victor Valdes and Negredo, not many "unfashionable" clubs could attract names like that. 

We may be a deprived area, but we have world class facilities, and some of the most sought after dwellings within an hours drive which is generally where the players would live. And we still can pay bigger wages than many of the worlds football clubs.

Anything I’ve missed?

No pretty much this. Also people are mad that we have apparently negotiated a higher fee for Traore than his release clause in exchange for getting it in installments - like every other transfer deal.

BristolLive says Villa have agreed a 6 million fee for Bryan. I'd suggest that he wasn't really on our list then. Or we just don't think he is a 6 million pound player and what we need.

Anything I’ve missed?

No pretty much this. Also people are mad that we have apparently negotiated a higher fee for Traore than his release clause in exchange for getting it in installments - like every other transfer deal.

People aren't mad that we've got more money, they're mad because its blatently obvious Wolves can't afford the 18.5m upfront, so we had a strong chance of keeping Traore by just saying "no we want the release clause paid in full". Instead, we have opted for much less upfront and the rest in installments, some of which we may or may not ever actually receive (depending on what the added payments are for).

BristolLive says Villa have agreed a 6 million fee for Bryan. I'd suggest that he wasn't really on our list then. Or we just don't think he is a 6 million pound player and what we need.

friend plays left back so 6 mill to replace him now is a waste when leadboots, howson, downing, shotton, britt, ruddy, traore need replacing before he does. just my opinion though.

Anything I’ve missed?

People aren't mad that we've got more money, they're mad because its blatently obvious Wolves can't afford the 18.5m upfront, so we had a strong chance of keeping Traore by just saying "no we want the release clause paid in full".  Instead, we have opted for much less upfront and the rest in installments, some of which we may or may not ever actually recieve (depending on what the added payments are for).

If Adama had made it clear he wanted to leave then our hands are tied a bit.