oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It is obviously evident that fees have come down with it being the last week so Pulis does have a valid point however, we are Northern club who do struggle to attract names and therefore I think there is still something worthwhile in us getting in early to sign these decent players... yes meby at a premium but if that’s the pull then so be it.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still don’t understand how villa can afford 6 million when that have to make up a 35-40 million deficit to stay within FFP. Even Grealish is playing tonight so doesn’t look close to leaving. Either they are massively gambling like qpr and will just pay the fine and take a transferembargo or they have something up their sleeves.

It is obviously evident that fees have come down with it being the last week so Pulis does have a valid point however, we are Northern club who do struggle to attract names and therefore I think there is still something worthwhile in us getting in early to sign these decent players... yes meby at a premium but if that’s the pull then so be it.

The club has been battered and ridiculed the past year for paying over the odds last summer when we got deals done early and now supporters are unhappy that we haven’t just paid inflated prices to get the deals done early this summer. Is it possible for the club to do anything right?

The club has been battered and ridiculed the past year for paying over the odds last summer when we got deals done early and now supporters are unhappy that we haven’t just paid inflated prices to get the deals done early this summer. Is it possible for the club to do anything right?

I'm yet to witness it but we can always hope!

I think majority of the bad feeling comes from paying over the odds for poor to average players rather than a premium for good players

I think we did well to get McNair and Flint in early to be fair. It's always tough for fans when we start losing so many players though, even when it's not necessarily the clubs fault.

@reluctantnicko

BRISTOL CITY. Trying for a Bryan auction. Villa in at 4 and extras. Boro don’t seem bothered. Derby idea was a swap so probably rules out. Newcastle were hoping he would be cheaper. And need to spend elsewhere.

- Sums our window up^

From Alan Nixon

BRISTOL CITY. Trying for a Bryan auction. Villa in at 4 and extras. Boro don’t seem bothered. Derby idea was a swap so probably rules out. Newcastle were hoping he would be cheaper. And need to spend elsewhere.

As i eluded to in an earlier post, a downside of waiting late is that prices do come down, but they come down for everyone. It only helps if the player chooses us or we are the only club interested. I never wanted waghorn, but we have been bitten there by waiting. There is a huge chance the same thing will happen with Bryan.

From Alan Nixon

Presumably we've been bothered enough to bid though?

@reluctantnicko

- Sums our window up^

So we haven't bid for Bryan then? Is that what you are saying?

I like how everyone else is Boro have bid accepted and Nixon is "boro don't seem bothered"

Why would we have a bid in then?

Nixon has proved he has no clue about our transfer business. He also seems a bit bitter towards us after the Rhodes transfer