oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It is obviously evident that fees have come down with it being the last week so Pulis does have a valid point however, we are Northern club who do struggle to attract names and therefore I think there is still something worthwhile in us getting in early to sign these decent players... yes meby at a premium but if that’s the pull then so be it.

The club has been battered and ridiculed the past year for paying over the odds last summer when we got deals done early and now supporters are unhappy that we haven’t just paid inflated prices to get the deals done early this summer. Is it possible for the club to do anything right?

I think majority of the bad feeling comes from paying over the odds for poor to average players rather than a premium for good players

Assombalonga!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read it as we're not bothered enough to get involved in a bidding war and we won't be manipulated into it.

So we only want players who no one else wants? Because that's the only way we get a player that won't have a bidding war.

I read it as we're not bothered enough to get involved in a bidding war and we won't be manipulated into it.

I don't. As I read earlier that bids had been accepted  by both clubs. So I'm taking it for lazy Journalism.

So we only want players who no one else wants? Because that's the only way we get a player that won't have a bidding war.

No - but once a bid is accepted, it can still be rejected later. If Nixon is correct, it reads that Bristol are playing us and Villa against one another to maximise their profit, and we're refusing to bite - which I support to be fair.

No - but once a bid is accepted, it can still be rejected later. If Nixon is correct, it reads that Bristol are playing us and Villa against one another to maximise their profit, and we're refusing to bite - which I support to be fair.

I read it this way too and fully support it. If players want to come then they will come.

I read it this way too and fully support it. If players want to come then they will come.

I don't think that works all that well when people start announcing bids have been accepted.  Bit difficult to get a bidding war going when everyone knows the price.

I'm looking forward to a couple of signings tomorrow...

Anyone in particular you're looking forward to?

Apparently we're signing a new Tea Lady from Brentford... not the club, that's just where she grew up.

Mate we need to be ALL OVER THAT.

Would he not be more of an alternative to besic?

Just seen on his stats from last season he got 10 assists, unless he was on set pieces that’s pretty impressive for a cm.

I don't know if he was on set pieces, he's dubbed the Ginger Messi by Brentford and Shrewsbury fans though. He's got a great pass on him.

This is what was said about him when Brentford bought him in 2015:

“Ryan plays with his head up and looks to attack. He tries to pass the ball forward and that fits in well with the way we want to play football.”

HE LOOKED PRETTY DARN GOOD AGAINST US AT their place did wood. did he score to? very busy player always wanting the ball and looking to do something with it. the opposite of what clayton and leadbitter have become.

It does make you wonder who exactly the club are looking at and why the likes of Wood just doesn't interest them

Pulis isn't interested in midfielders who can pass a ball, he just wants them to win the ball back or arrive late in the box.  Craft and guile are not his thing.

Would he not be more of an alternative to besic?

Just seen on his stats from last season he got 10 assists, unless he was on set pieces that’s pretty impressive for a cm.

I don't know if he was on set pieces, he's dubbed the Ginger Messi by Brentford and Shrewsbury fans though. He's got a great pass on him.

This is what was said about him when Brentford bought him in 2015:

“Ryan plays with his head up and looks to attack. He tries to pass the ball forward and that fits in well with the way we want to play football.”

HE LOOKED PRETTY DARN GOOD AGAINST US AT their place did wood. did he score to? very busy player always wanting the ball and looking to do something with it. the opposite of what clayton and leadbitter have become.

It does make you wonder who exactly the club are looking at and why the likes of Wood just doesn't interest them

your not wrong. i dont go to many games but as a fan, i think most would agree when the opposition has standout players you notice them. the stand out a mile most of the time. then later in the year on next window they move to biggers clubs. we all say why didnt we go for them because we all seen ourselves they were good.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  We have signed plenty of players who had good games against us.