oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Lads just look forward to finishing above Leeds for yet ANOTHER season. then it will be hilarious

Boros sloppy seconds

Your deluded if you think that will happen if we don’t get a move on.

No progress on besic wtf are we actually doing?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lads just look forward to finishing above Leeds for yet ANOTHER season. then it will be hilarious

Boros sloppy seconds

Could the "leaders" of the Negative Realists Guard please stop using words like deluded and "rose tainted glasses" ... Then I promise, I will do my best, to get the Positive Plodders Parade to stop using words like Bed wetting and ***ers

Bausor has been playing Candy Crush on his phone for the past 3 weeks, I've been reliably informed Gibbo has pulled him to one side and had a word. Don't worry guys and gals, it's all getting sorted.

Boros sloppy seconds

Nothing to show that Leeds will finish above us atm lol.

You have no idea if there is any progress on Besic, for all we know the deal could be being finalised or maybe we have a better target in mind. Just let Boro get on with the business then if we don't get it done, complain.

I just don’t get us in this transfer window. We are selling a load of players but we just don’t seem to be close to signing anyone. And then there are all these rumours coming out about us not progressing/being that bothered with signing the ones we have been heavily linked with. Of course, they probably are all what they are “rumours” but with 2 days to go, we just don’t appear to be very close to signing anyone and we still need about 4/5 players in. It all just seems a little strange.

To be fair we haven't sold that many.  I think it feels like more because of who they are but really we're talking Mejias, Barragan, Fabio, Bamford and Gibson.  Traore hasn't been sold yet it just feels like he's been sold for about a fortnight or whatever.  We've signed 3 players so far, McNair, Flint and Lonergan so it's 5 out and 3 in, although two of those out weren't really part of our squad anyway.

Just a theory, but maybe Gibson thinks the play-offs are a lottery, so what's the point in spending £40m just to probably make the play-offs, when we could spend nothing more and could possibly make the play-offs.

We're clearly holding back in the market.

Flint and McNair were done early and we're letting other 'targets' go. We didn't push for the Waghorn and Bryan transfers and it doesn't look like we're pushing for Besic either. We're just 'waiting' for a bargain appear and if we don't get one, we don't get one.

And I will eat my Boro cap if we sign 29 year old crock Bolasie for £15m. Gibson won't sanction that.

I just don’t get us in this transfer window. We are selling a load of players but we just don’t seem to be close to signing anyone. And then there are all these rumours coming out about us not progressing/being that bothered with signing the ones we have been heavily linked with. Of course, they probably are all what they are “rumours” but with 2 days to go, we just don’t appear to be very close to signing anyone and we still need about 4/5 players in. It all just seems a little strange.

To be fair we haven't sold that many.  I think it feels like more because of who they are but really we're talking Mejias, Barragan, Fabio, Bamford and Gibson.  Traore hasn't been sold yet it just feels like he's been sold for about a fortnight or whatever.  We've signed 3 players so far, McNair, Flint and Lonergan so it's 5 out and 3 in, although two of those out weren't really part of our squad anyway.

One could count Braithwaite as an incoming too

No, they couldn't.

Boros sloppy seconds

You have no idea if there is any progress on Besic, for all we know the deal could be being finalised or maybe we have a better target in mind. Just let Boro get on with the business then if we don't get it done, complain.

One of the best managers in the business, played stoke off the park in their opening game, got players all over the pitch that would walk in to our team, you want me to keep going?

Inb4 muh bielsa will leave by September hurr durr. Yeah just like Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Burnley, wolves would ‘implode eventually and drop down the table’.

Just get real, we are not in a good position right now.

I would say he was already part of the squad but I suppose you could say it's a surprise he's still here as it seemed he'd be one of the first out the door.  Has that slowed down some of our own moves though?  It's impossible to know for sure unless you are truly ITK and at the heart of our business.

And I will eat my Boro cap if we sign 29 year old crock Bolasie for £15m. Gibson won't sanction that.

He sanctioned a deal for a 31 year old Downing for a transfer fee of up to 7m (5.5m but rising to 7m if we achieved promotion) and wages of 70k a week for 4 years, total outlay of close to 21.56m+ not including promotion bonus etc...

Boros sloppy seconds

One of the best managers in the business, played stoke off the park in their opening game, got players all over the pitch that would walk in to our team, you want me to keep going?

Inb4 muh bielsa will leave by September hurr durr. Yeah just like Southampton, Bournemouth, Leicester, Burnley, wolves would ‘implode eventually and drop down the table’.

I rate Biesla massively but its one ***ing game hahaha. You need to have some perspective. But please tell me the players that would walk in to our team.

We aren't in a bad position either though ffs.

I would say he was already part of the squad but I suppose you could say it's a surprise he's still here as it seemed he'd be one of the first out the door.  Has that slowed down some of our own moves though?  It's impossible to know for sure unless you are truly ITK and at the heart of our business.

Good answer, ty, CT

@Will, not so much

Boros sloppy seconds

Come on mate, it's only been one game into the season. Derby could easily turn over Leeds on Saturday.