oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It’s alright going lolol but he’s better than shotton, roofe fair enough I thought he was a wide player not a striker, you’d choose nobody over alioski? And you honestly believe Bamford isn’t good enough to be in our team? You’d chose howson over Hernandez really?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The issue isn't what the fans think of Leeds but what potential signings think of them. If it's a straight choice for besic and he chooses them then he believes they have a better chance of promotion. If we simply aren't in for him then I find it strange that we aren't bothered about our best central midfielder last year while playing the two that weren't as good.

The issue isn't what the fans think of Leeds but what potential signings think of them. If it's a straight choice for besic and he chooses them then he believes they have a better chance of promotion. If we simply aren't in for him then I find it strange that we aren't bothered about our best central midfielder last year while playing the two that weren't as good.

I suspect we are in for him in some manner.

And I will eat my Boro cap if we sign 29 year old crock Bolasie for £15m. Gibson won't sanction that.

He sanctioned a deal for a 31 year old Downing for a transfer fee of up to 7m (5.5m but rising to 7m if we achieved promotion) and wages of 70k a week for 4 years, total outlay of close to 21.56m+ not including promotion bonus etc...

As others have said, Downing wasn't/isn't on those kind of wages...

Gibson made an exception for a local lad (his favourite) and there were no injury concerns.

I can't see Bolasie happening on loan either, as he would be an good option for mid/lower Premier League teams on those terms.

It’s alright going lolol but he’s better than shotton, roofe fair enough I thought he was a wide player not a striker, you’d choose nobody over alioski? And you honestly believe Bamford isn’t good enough to be in our team? You’d chose howson over Hernandez really?

Howson doesn't play the same position as Hernandez, so its not really a choice to make. I didn't say Bamford wasn't good enough, you stated he'd walk into our team less than a week after we sold him due to him not getting into our team. Ayling is decent but given we seem to be looking for a RB comparing him to Shotton doesnt seem fair. Alioski is a bog standard championship winger, i'd hope he we get with the money we have to spend but I guess right this moment he'd get in our team.

It depends what kind of deal him and Everton are open to I’d guess

And possibly what deal Besic is open to, maybe he wants a loan with obligation to buy if promoted, so that he doesn't get stuck in the Championship etc. Whereas Everton would prefer money upfront.

Howson doesn't play the same position as Hernandez, so its not really a choice to make. I didn't say Bamford wasn't good enough, you stated he'd walk into our team less than a week after we sold him due to him not getting into our team. Ayling is decent but given we seem to be looking for a RB comparing him to Shotton doesnt seem fair. Alioski is a bog standard championship winger, i'd hope he we get with the money we have to spend but I guess right this moment he'd get in our team.

That’s my point though, of course I want us to get better players than that here, but comparing to what we have right now is why I think they will finish above us. Let’s just move on anyway no need de railing this thread any more.

At the Derby end, they seem pretty convinced he's there. Doesn't seem to be any hiccups.

He's probably all done but they'll be going through all the social media pizzazz to announce him.