Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Villa have also expressed an interest in Ipswich leftback Jonas Knudsen

Can Villa *** off with the same interest as us jesus christ are they just waiting to see who we want and then going for them too?

Guess we have a clear path at Knudsen now. Still don’t understand it. Bryan probably has a chance in the Prem. I don’t think Knudsen will.

I'm not really that surprised. Bruce was mentioned as saying they will be trying to play a 3-5-2 this season and he alluded that they didn't have the right parts to fit yet. So I think out of the two of us, Bryan fits them better. If they can fork out £6m for a transfer fee in some form or another, I don't think they'll have much trouble matching the wages we can offer either.

Happy enough to see that the rumour of Hugill coming in is coming to fruition but we still have some very clear problem areas that need sorting to make the most of him. He's probably not going to bag 20 goals a season but he should be exactly the kind of striker Pulis wants to build a team around. Unlike Gestede (unless I'm mistaken), his best year with Preston was as a lone striker so he can lead the line quite well. Plus, I do like that he's from the area and the story of his development in the game. He might not be a product of our academy but that meant he had to work even harder to get where he is today.

Can Villa *** off with the same interest as us jesus christ are they just waiting to see who we want and then going for them too?

Guess we have a clear path at Knudsen now. Still don’t understand it. Bryan probably has a chance in the Prem. I don’t think Knudsen will.

It will probably depend on what type of left winger/forward we bring in.

If we use/bring in someone like downing you need a lb like Bryan to help the attack.

But I you use/bring in someone like braithwaite you need a lb like Knudsen to help he’s defensive side

Burnley have offered £18m for Jay Rodriguez so probably ends there interest in Bolasie

West Brom have been pretty solid on the Rodriguez front. Gayle joining won't make much of a difference as he's just swapped places with Rondon. And he starts for West Brom tonight so Darren Moore can't be that concerned with his state of mind.

£18m for a 29 year old striker whose best years honestly seem behind him seems a bit daft, too. I know he's a Burnley lad but even still.

Burnley have offered £18m for Jay Rodriguez so probably ends there interest in Bolasie

West Brom have been pretty solid on the Rodriguez front. Gayle joining won't make much of a difference as he's just swapped places with Rondon. And he starts for West Brom tonight so Darren Moore can't be that concerned with his state of mind.

£18m for a 29 year old striker whose best years honestly seem behind him seems a bit daft, too. I know he's a Burnley lad but even still.

If they have turned there attention to Rodriguez though it does clear the path slightly towards Bolasie.

To be fair I'm just getting desperate for a win in the transfer market, we seem to be getting out done on all of our targets

It must be a Steve Bruce thing I remember similar things happening when he was at Birmingham us and them being pretty much linked with the same players.

Loan or perm?

Initial deal was a £2m loan fee but deal might change since then. That bid was in aggggges ago aswell

Any other rumours knocking about?

Ritchie and Phillips both legit targets. I never thought Phillips was before but he is. Not sure we will get Ritchie over the line though

Via Waccoe - Reporter Phil Hay saying through a DM Leeds management are convinced they can sell the Bielsa project/philosophy to Besic and finalize a deal before the end of the window.

If Wing can continue this do we really need him? McNair, howson and Besic in the middle. Would still be nice to have besic as an option.