Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this is what he says about Braithwaite

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

What’s he trying to say? That if a good offer comes along Braithwaite wants to move and we can’t stop him? I suppose that’s the reality of being a championship team and not a top division team.

I think what he's saying is that he'd still like to sell him tbh but without simply saying it.

I'll say this on Pulis over the years going into the last few days of windows he almost always praises chairmen and dampens stuff before late moves like deadline day bids for William Carvalho etc I'm pretty sure this window is being driven by him I don't know how Gibson would not be fully backing our highest paid manager in history with funds especially after the way he backed Monk and the fact we've had a large influx of cash that goes beyond balancing books. Bolasie came out of left field bar a little story about us and Stoke on Ritchie a couple of weeks ago that winger slot has been very quiet on info all window maybe he's keeping cards close to chest. Let's see what's in store we've had a rough run of windows let's hope we get this one right in the end trying to take in the spirit of being excited rather than anxious but all these matched bids have just kind of sucked the wind out of it all.

As an alternative to Hugill would anyone have Joselu?

Same kind of player just reckon he would be cheaper, can actually play in the premiership and has decent technique

That's a joke right?

On Tees when asked about whether Braithwaite can be a key player this season, he said something along the lines of err we'll have to see, then stated he only wants players here who want to be here.

Doesn't sound like the comments of a manager that expects him to stay.

The presser has just gone up. 2 things of note, first that someone asked about Braithwaite's future and Pulis responded saying something along the lines of:

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay, everybody wanted Gibbo to stay, everybody wanted Bamford to stay... but players get offered things and they might want to take up those options"

The other thing of note, I detected a certain Phil Tallentire in the audience, his very distinctive tone... are the Gazette allowed back in altogether? Or are they just choosing to send Phil and Vickers now and leave Dom out of it?

I dont think the Gazette were ever banned, just those 2 individual ones so the whole gazette decided to do a boycoutt or whatever.

Aye I know, but like you say they stood in solidarity with their fellow journalists. So either they've decided against standing with the remaining banned reporter Dom Shaw (Jon Taylor left a few weeks back) or they've all been allowed back in the pressers.

So this is what he says about Braithwaite

"Everyone wanted Adama to stay. Everyone wanted Gibbo to stay. Everyone wanted Patrick to stay. But that's not the world today that we live in. You know, if the lads are offered stuff and they wanna go, it's very, very difficult to stop them."

What’s he trying to say? That if a good offer comes along Braithwaite wants to move and we can’t stop him? I suppose that’s the reality of being a championship team and not a top division team.

I think what he's saying is that he'd still like to sell him tbh but without simply saying it.

I’m not quite sure about that. At the moment it would be madness to sell him. Why would he actively want to sell what is now his best attacker with 2 goals in 2 that has played 90 mins in both games and actually shows some desire. Pulis really needs to get over it. It’s not like Braithwaite is sulking or showing a poor attitude.

On Tees when asked about whether Braithwaite can be a key player this season, he said something along the lines of err we'll have to see, then stated he only wants players here who want to be here.

Doesn't sound like the comments of a manager that expects him to stay.

Thing is though if Braithwaite has told Pulis his heart isn't in it and wants to leave if a suitable bid lands, why would TP give him the 10 shirt and start him in our opening games.  Surely he'd be number 40-something and on the bench at best.   Just seems weird.

I really do hate the transfer window.

Even after a super evening where nearly everything went right on the pitch, when I was starting to feel some confidence creeping in about the season ahead, the mood is immediately soured by the fact that it sounds like our chairman isn’t fully backing our manager and one of the players that played a starring role in the positive performance on the pitch may be off. Not to mention our best player is more or less confirmed as leaving and one of our main targets appears to have chosen Villa over us. Back to the depression again!

I don't think there's been a massive fall out or anything, I think Braithwaite has probably said he'd like to move if an offer comes in from a club in a top division in Europe.

They've probably agreed that if they get an offer that suits both parties he can go, if not I'm sure he'll work hard for the team. Until then he'll keep getting picked because he's a good player which benefits us and it also keeps him in the shop window which suits him.

If he's asked to leave then I don't see how that's Pulis's fault really?

I imagine if Braithwaite asked to leave in January, Pulis might still be a little irked about it, so he's saying these things to get a positive reaction out of the player? It's a possibility at least.

Well thank God we don't need to buy anyone now.

Exactly right? Panic over! Pulis has got Shotton playing like Traore on one side and Wing playing like Traore in the middle and Braithwaite playing like Traore all over the pitch and Aden Flint only makes one mistake per game but he scores so it's all good and we still have Player of the Season Randy Randolph in goal...

KHO5eeeb5_giphy.jpg

I’m not quite sure about that. At the moment it would be madness to sell him. Why would he actively want to sell what is now his best attacker with 2 goals in 2 that has played 90 mins in both games and actually shows some desire. Pulis really needs to get over it. It’s not like Braithwaite is sulking or showing a poor attitude.

I get that you really like him but I don't think the manager shares your opinion.  Actually, I'm not sure anyone does, even Martin's parents  :P

Have to admit I thought Shotton was immense at rwb haha!

I was massively encouraged by our performance in the first half, 1st to every ball, swarmed them when they had it, wing and howson were outstanding and totally dominated them specially later on when Wing seemed to grow in confidence and Howson had the best game Ive ever seen from him in a Boro shirt. We almost immediately looked like the Boro of last season when those 2 went off.

Lewis Wing looks like the Central Midfielder I’ve been asking for for years, comfortable to carry the ball forward, an eye for a pass and not afraid to give it out when needed. Let’s hope he can keep it up.