oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I thought Wing had a decent game last night and I think he'll be in and around the match day squad this season. I certainly wouldn't be building the team or the midfield around him like some have suggested though, I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I've seen enough of Britt to know he won't ever suit this system, I expect Hugill to come in because he can hold the ball up and then the season will be determined by the wide players that come in. If we can get 2 creative wide players that can chip in with goals I'll fancy us to do pretty well.

I don't think anyone suggested we buiuld the midfield around Wing, in fact I think I was most enthusiastic and even I said that I hope he can continue it over a few games.

Assombalonga's hold up play last night was actually really good. When he's up for it he's as strong as an ox and can hold the ball at his feet well, needs somebody close to him like Braithwaite most of the time last night.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we're waiting till the end of the window then that is now!

No excuses if we miss out on any targets from here on in as we need to be fully on getting players in.

If this window turns into the disaster I think it will then a full in house investigation into why we've been so inept needs to happen and heads will need to roll

Our window shuts on the 31st of august. Thursdays deadline is just for the Prem clubs. We can still get 8 loans after that and potentially agree that it turns permanent on january 1.

I thought Wing had a decent game last night and I think he'll be in and around the match day squad this season. I certainly wouldn't be building the team or the midfield around him like some have suggested though, I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I've seen enough of Britt to know he won't ever suit this system, I expect Hugill to come in because he can hold the ball up and then the season will be determined by the wide players that come in. If we can get 2 creative wide players that can chip in with goals I'll fancy us to do pretty well.

I don't think anyone suggested we buiuld the midfield around Wing, in fact I think I was most enthusiastic and even I said that I hope he can continue it over a few games.

Assombalonga's hold up play last night was actually really good. When he's up for it he's as strong as an ox and can hold the ball at his feet well, needs somebody close to him like Braithwaite most of the time last night.

I disagree about Britt, although he worked hard his hold up play is awful. There were times where he got the ball under control and rather than lay the ball off he tried to turn into a man and lost the ball. There were a couple of other occasions where he was about 35 yards from goal and he's trying to shoot when the shot wasn't even on. His decision making is really poor.

There's no way he'll be our first choice striker in a few weeks time, like I said he worked hard but he just doesn't fit in this system.

There were comments about building the midfield around Wing as well, maybe not from you but it was mentioned. He did well but he's a young kid, let's give him a chance to progress at a sensible pace. He's gonna have ups and downs and I think it would be a risk to not strengthen the midfield because he's had one good game at this level.

I disagree about Britt, although he worked hard his hold up play is awful. There were times where he got the ball under control and rather than lay the ball off he tried to turn into a man and lost the ball. There were a couple of other occasions where he was about 35 yards from goal and he's trying to shoot when the shot wasn't even on. His decision making is really poor.

There's no way he'll be our first choice striker in a few weeks time, like I said he worked hard but he just doesn't fit in this system.

There were comments about building the midfield around Wing as well, maybe not from you but it was mentioned. He did well but he's a young kid, let's give him a chance to progress at a sensible pace. He's gonna have ups and downs and I think it would be a risk to not strengthen the midfield because he's had one good game at this level.

Fair point but at 23 I wouldn't call Wing a young kid!

This!

Really frustrating to watch Britt's attempts at dribbling THROUGH a man, not around him ... He is no good with the ball, and his best attribute is placing himself where the ball might end, so he can get a few tap ins .. He is not my kinda striker, but ofc I will cheer for him, when playing ...

------------------------

I asked about De Sart yesterday and got no answers .. :D

Does anybody know something? Not even on the team sheet

Would rather him as back up than Leadbitter ..

Traore to be announced in next 10 mins

giphy.gif

Check their twitter out. Seems like it’s about to happen any minute now. I’d love to see Fulham do really well this season but I hope Wolves come straight back down. Horrible club!

I think things will turn nasty within the club if Pulis doesn't get his desired targets come 5' o clock tomorrow or at the very latest at the end of the month. The recruitment has been a shocker so far but all us as fans can do is remain optimistic until the deals are done/aren't done. Heard from someone within that TP growing increasingly frustrated and players fear he may leave if he doesn't get what he wants

I've seen loads of young players come into the Boro team over the years do well for a few games and then not be able to sustain it.

I can remember people thinking players like Anthony Omerod and Mark Summerbell were the future of the club.

I've been at the game and heard McClaren get absolutely berated off the fans for not bringing Danny Graham on, that was at the time of having Hasselbaink, Viduka, the Yak and Maccarone in the squad.

I'm not saying Wing is gonna be a failure but let's be sensible.

As Pulis said the young players will need to be put in and taken out at different points but let's not put too much pressure on him or ourselves just yet.

Fair point but at 23 I wouldn't call Wing a young kid!

He's very inexperienced at this level, that's the point.

I've seen loads of young players come into the Boro team over the years do well for a few games and then not be able to sustain it.

I can remember people thinking players like Anthoney Omerod and Mark Summerbell were the future of the club.

I've been at the game and heard McClaren get absolutely berated off the fans for not bringing Danny Graham on, that was at the time of having Hasselbaink, Viduka, the Yak and Maccarone in the squad.

I'm not saying Wing is gonna be a failure but let's be sensible.

As Pulis said the young players will need to be put in and taken out at different points but let's not put too much pressure on him or ourselves just yet.

Definately. We need a more senior player to come in. But Wings emergence could mean that we are not going to spend 2,5 million on someone like Maddison from Peterborough. If we are going to play with three midfielder we need someone extra. Clayton, Leadbitter, Howson, McNair and Wing isn't enough considering Leadbitter shouldn't start and Wing has less than two Championship games under his belt.