oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Think Maddo might have mentioned him (Hugill) pre match, as being there, but could be wrong, it was in in the background and they switched off the commentary at kick off.

Cheers Lurker

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sad Adama has gone. Don't personally think Wolves is a good move for him.

Hopefully they misuse him get stuffed every game and we sign him back for 5m when they get relegated and we get promoted.

That’s what that Boro Legend bloke on fmttm thinks too. I think he’ll do ok there.

The parent clubs won't be motivated to loan out any quality players. If they are looking for a loan to permanent deal, why not just sell now? It's more of a straight forward deal and they get the cash sooner.

Well unless they're going to use that cash on new contracts for existing players, that money's not going to make much of a difference to them until January anyway, which is ultimately when they'd probably receive it in a loan-to-buy.

If they sold in the transfer window, they could use it in the window.

And for a business cash is always more valuable now rather than later.

We'll have to wait and see if many loan to buy deals materialise in the coming weeks.

I'm sceptical on how many Premier League clubs will go for deals like that, and urge Boro to get moving in the transfer market now!

If the Prem clubs haven't offloaded the players they don't need they will be more than happy to loan them out. With the loan window open, and foreign windows for that matter, they will know that they can still move on players, so right now they are really concentrating on finishing their own business. Bolasie is a perfect example. Everton really don't want him to the degree that he is training on his own. If he isn't snapped up by a Prem club before tomorrow they will likely be happy to let him go out on loan and might even cover some of the wages. Yeah there will be competition for those players but with our finances we can probably offer a very good deal ie. decent loan fee, wages covered etc.

So sad Adama has gone. Don't personally think Wolves is a good move for him.

Hopefully they misuse him get stuffed every game and we sign him back for 5m when they get relegated and we get promoted.

That’s what that Boro Legend bloke on fmttm thinks too. I think he’ll do ok there.

I want that or him to be a massive success and tear the league apart. Then go on and get a massive move. 

There was a fair few saying that we should've sold him last season as he had no end product. He has to be micro-managed and it may not work at bigger clubs.

Well I for one hope he doesn't flop in the Premier League again. He deserves all the success in the world and I hope he takes the Premier League by storm. Just hope we have a put a sell on fee in his contract with Wolves for when Barca come raiding for him next summer. ;)

Bolasie is a perfect example. Everton really don't want him to the degree that he is training on his own. If he isn't snapped up by a Prem club before tomorrow they will likely be happy to let him go out on loan and might even cover some of the wages. Yeah there will be competition for those players but with our finances we can probably offer a very good deal ie. decent loan fee, wages covered etc.

Hopefully you're right BD and we're still able to get exciting players in as loans.

But I still think the selling club would rather sell to foreign leagues than loan to Championship clubs, so we'll be at the back of the queue right until the end of the month.

Then they'll be a bidding war between Championship clubs, and we could end up paying high loan fees and 100% of wages just to loan an unwanted player who is out of form or coming back from injury.

I just hope the club are not relying on this strategy; letting transfer targets go and hoping for players to fall in our laps as bargain loans.

I'd rather we build a solid team for the future and build assets with permanent transfers for the likes of Bryan and Besic, rather than rely on what could be an expensive loan market.

I actually take some comfort from Tony Pulis's comments about only wanting players who want to be here and I am sure that will apply to all targets and possible loaned players.

Granted it may whittle down the possibilities somewhat and we may only have a realistic chance of getting 2 or 3 players into the club

A norwegian paper is linking us to our former academy player Birger Meling. 23 year old and plays for Rosenborg as left back. 7 assists in 17 games. Certainly a much cheaper alternative to Bryan buuuuut I'd be wary of anyone playing in one of the worst leagues in Europe. Lord Bendtner was top scorer in the league...

I actually take some comfort from Tony Pulis's comments about only wanting players who want to be here and I am sure that will apply to all targets and possible loaned players.

Granted it may whittle down the possibilities somewhat and we may only have a realistic chance of getting 2 or 3 players into the club

Couldn’t agree more.

Bolasie is a perfect example. Everton really don't want him to the degree that he is training on his own. If he isn't snapped up by a Prem club before tomorrow they will likely be happy to let him go out on loan and might even cover some of the wages. Yeah there will be competition for those players but with our finances we can probably offer a very good deal ie. decent loan fee, wages covered etc.

Hopefully you're right BD and we're still able to get exciting players in as loans.

But I still think the selling club would rather sell to foreign leagues than loan to Championship clubs, so we'll be at the back of the queue right until the end of the month.

Then they'll be a bidding war between Championship clubs, and we could end up paying high loan fees and 100% of wages just to loan an unwanted player who is out of form or coming back from injury.

I just hope the club are not relying on this strategy; letting transfer targets go and hoping for players to fall in our laps as bargain loans.

I'd rather we build a solid team for the future and build assets with permanent transfers for the likes of Bryan and Besic, rather than rely on what could be an expensive loan market.

With Bolasie, there wont be many clubs in Europe willing to pay an upfront fee and pay his wages. The teams in europe that can afford that will want better, could see us get a loan with obligation to buy.

Phil Hay, The Yorkshire Post reporter thinks that Leeds aren't after Besic as he'd be too expensive

I don't know how well connected he is though so might just be his opinion.

Phil Hay is as well connected as you can get at Leeds, if he says it's not happening then it's not happening.

Wish Adama all the best, he always tried his hardest for us and the lad deserves his PL move. I hope Wolves play him to his strengths and give him a chance to shine on that stage.

As for us, well I'm hoping we get at least one signing today, just to settle the nerves. I think we'll get 3/4 players before the window closes. I have no inside information but I think more is going on behind the scenes than we realise and I trust the club to bring in the right people to compliment the squad we have.