oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I think Bryan is overrated myself. Especially at £6m. Not that bothered at all.

Think I'm more hacked off that Barry Douglas went to the scum for £3M

Yeah. Definitely prefer Douglas myself.

He's far too attack minded for the system we play.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Wing had a decent game last night and I think he'll be in and around the match day squad this season. I certainly wouldn't be building the team or the midfield around him like some have suggested though, I think that's getting a bit carried away.

I've seen enough of Britt to know he won't ever suit this system, I expect Hugill to come in because he can hold the ball up and then the season will be determined by the wide players that come in. If we can get 2 creative wide players that can chip in with goals I'll fancy us to do pretty well.

I don't think anyone suggested we buiuld the midfield around Wing, in fact I think I was most enthusiastic and even I said that I hope he can continue it over a few games.

Assombalonga's hold up play last night was actually really good. When he's up for it he's as strong as an ox and can hold the ball at his feet well, needs somebody close to him like Braithwaite most of the time last night.

I disagree about Britt, although he worked hard his hold up play is awful. There were times where he got the ball under control and rather than lay the ball off he tried to turn into a man and lost the ball. There were a couple of other occasions where he was about 35 yards from goal and he's trying to shoot when the shot wasn't even on. His decision making is really poor.

There's no way he'll be our first choice striker in a few weeks time, like I said he worked hard but he just doesn't fit in this system.

There were comments about building the midfield around Wing as well, maybe not from you but it was mentioned. He did well but he's a young kid, let's give him a chance to progress at a sensible pace. He's gonna have ups and downs and I think it would be a risk to not strengthen the midfield because he's had one good game at this level.

Fair point but at 23 I wouldn't call Wing a young kid!

I was surprised to find hes 23

Hugill, Besic, a winger and a full back. Then get the window shut.

I know it's a big ask, but that would sort us right out.

I'm weirdly not that excited by bolasie. 29. massive injury.

meh.

On the other hand he has got something to prove and he offers some of what we will be missing with Adama gone. Another plus is Pulis and Boalsie knows each other so Pulis should know how to get the best from him. I'd much prefer a loan though.

Graeme Bailey reckons we were never really in for Bryan anyway.

*** me if well pull off Bolasie.

Never really fit for me, too attacking for a fullback in our system, maybe we were buying him as a winger, but that seems like a waste to me...

Hugill, Besic, a winger and a full back. Then get the window shut.

I know it's a big ask, but that would sort us right out.

Agree, but only if we keep Braithwaite. We need to replace him if we lose him.

meh.

In terms of style of play I think Bolasie is about as close as you can get to replacing Adma

meh.

Me too. I feel like I’m being greedy by saying it because, as far as a name goes, you couldn’t expect us to sign any bigger.

However, he’s 29 (ie no resale value), he’s been out of action for over 12 months, his end product everywhere he’s been has been questionable to say the least, he’s going to cost a lot of money (our record transfer) and he will be on high wages.

He’s like Adama without the promise that it could all come together.

Now on a loan I’d be very pleased. But I think it’d be a big mistake to sign him permanently. Problem is, if it’s a loan, I’m sure a lot of PL clubs will take that deal so the only way I can see us getting him is permanently.

meh.

Me too. I feel like I’m being greedy by saying it because, as far as a name goes, you couldn’t expect us to sign any bigger.

However, he’s 29 (ie no resale value), he’s been out of action for over 12 months, his end product everywhere he’s been has been questionable to say the least, he’s going to cost a lot of money (our record transfer) and he will be on high wages.

Now on a loan I’d be very pleased. But I think it’d be a big mistake to sign him permanently. Problem is, if it’s a loan, I’m sure a lot of PL clubs will take that deal so the only way I can see us getting him is permanently.

This is the problem. 

His best spell of his career was with Pulis as his manager from memory so I'd be fairly confident in him coming in and doing the business.

meh.

This is the problem. 

His best spell of his career was with Pulis as his manager from memory so I'd be fairly confident in him coming in and doing the business.

"Doing bits" you mean. :P

Said it before, if it's genuine and we sign him permanently, I will be really concerned that the injury comes back to haunt him again. He's not played a great deal of football since then. And at 29, we're going to struggle to make anything off him in the future.

If he came in this season, I think he really has to do it. This season. A lot of pressure will be on him as a creative player in this team. If we can severely negotiate that deal down based on promotion and similar incentives that we'll be confident of him meeting (if he's not injured) then that would be the best deal for us. I don't see Everton budging much when there's still Prem interest though.