• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Vokes probably has the better pedigree. But I'd rather Hugill. Supposedly a loan deal with view to permanent, probably cheaper than Vokes by a good margin based on the fees we've heard. Couple of years younger, better chance of getting something back on him if he signs permanently in the future. And he fits the bill for Pulis in terms of being a local lad who almost certainly wants to play for Middlesbrough. I've liked what I've seen of him so far personally, too.

Not exactly prolific mind is he?  I can think of better reasons to sign players than where they are from  :)

I think Vokes probably has the better pedigree. But I'd rather Hugill. Supposedly a loan deal with view to permanent, probably cheaper than Vokes by a good margin based on the fees we've heard. Couple of years younger, better chance of getting something back on him if he signs permanently in the future. And he fits the bill for Pulis in terms of being a local lad who almost certainly wants to play for Middlesbrough. I've liked what I've seen of him so far personally, too.

Not exactly prolific mind is he?  I can think of better reasons to sign players than where they are from  :)

Of course, but there's a reason we're looking at him and not Tony McMahon and Seb Hines.

It depends whether we get last seasons Preston Jordan Hugill, who contributed to 10 goals (8g 2a) in 27 games, so every 2 and a half games roughly. I'd consider that a decent pick up.

We really are planning on ***housing our way to promotion, aren't we?

Happy if we do. Pulis won't be here next season anyway so we'll be able to get someone like Warnock in to carry on the good work.

If we are looking to build on that first half performance from yesterday, I'm happy to give these lads a chance. They're not players that I typically would have chosen but if Pulis feels they will improve us, I'm going to give him the same chance I've given every other manager with their signings. Classic example is how I wasn't ecstatic over Ryan Shotton when we bought him, but I love the big lad now.

It depends whether we get last seasons Preston Jordan Hugill, who contributed to 10 goals (8g 2a) in 27 games, so every 2 and a half games roughly. I'd consider that a decent pick up.

Why don't we just keep 2014/15 Rudy Gestede if we can pick seasons?  :)  I know what you're saying mate but I'm not sure it necessarily works like that plus that's really not that good anyway.  It's not much to hang your hat on.

Why don't we just keep 2014/15 Rudy Gestede if we can pick seasons?  :)  I know what you're saying mate but I'm not sure it necessarily works like that plus that's really not that good anyway.  It's not much to hang your hat on.

well the only difference is 14/15 is years ago and last season is very recent, and he hasn't really had any chance to mess it up after that. so there's more chance of him getting back to that performance. where as with Gestede we have the evidence to suggest it was a fluke season.

but yes in general it's not GREAT, I agree with you there. but if he can contribute a goal every other game and a half AND hold the ball up and all that jazz, it'd be a good signing.

We really are planning on ***housing our way to promotion, aren't we?

Happy if we do. Pulis won't be here next season anyway so we'll be able to get someone like Warnock in to carry on the good work.

Exactly this, don't think the names linked are really any fans would pick, but they fit the way TP sets up, may as well get on board for the ride, it's the 'Boro so it will be a bumpy one regardless.

I look back at the fact that Monk's signings looked really good on paper, most people thought we'd had an excellent transfer window (myself included) and we all know how quickly that train derailed.

cant help imagining Hugill to be a bit similar to the likes of Curtis Main ...will put himself about but woefully short on actual ability . but on the plus side ,no worse than Gestede.

still hoping that we get in a good quality attacking midfielder be it centrally or winger.,and an upgrade or at the very least ,competition for Shotton

I know I've been halving numerous meltdowns over summer re: Boro but last night reassured me that if we get Pulis what he wants over the next 24 hours or so (and the loan window) then we have as good a chance as anybody else to get out of this division. Pulis knows what he's doing. Big 24 hours or so coming up for Boro.

Let me put it another way then. If at the end of last season or the start of this summer someone said we're going to sign a striker who scored 8 goals last season in the Championship and his best ever is 12 goals, would we be happy with that? So are we happy because we think he'll be a great fit and good addition to the squad or are people just happy to be signing anyone because we haven't done much so far and we've lost a few good players? I don't even have a downer on the lad but it kinda feels to me like there's a hint of desperation in the air right now?