oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Don't forget we supposedly got Hugill ahead of Bristol, QPR and Villa turning into a rough day for Steve Bruce right now.

Hugill is a Boro fan though which helped massively.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it interesting that we only seem to be limiting ourselves to the UK market. Surely looking for flair/attacking wingers from abroad is arguably the least risky as I'd say its an easier position to play than say Cb or Striker which can be considerably different in different countries.

Pulis has been known to shop abroad, I'm personally out of touch with the other leagues but I would imagine our wage packets are better than the likes of the French/Portugese/Turkish leagues and probably higher than the bottom half of the German/Italian and Spanish.

going the world market is more risky, just look at sunderland. our history with foreign attacker/wingers isnt the best either. pot luck.

Think the reason why clubs are not dealing with players abroad this time is the change in the transfer deadline. The European market

Is effectively three weeks behind ours and most clubs wait till the last minute hoping the prices drop. Hence most deals are announced tomorrow.

Because the European markets are still open their prices will be higher than previous years. The European clubs will be able to pick up UK based

players cheaper after tomorrow so they will be the ones picking up the bargains at the end of August. They will only be competing with rich

Championship Clubs who will only be able to loan whereas the European clubs can buy so will have an advantage over Championship Clubs.

Don't forget we supposedly got Hugill ahead of Bristol, QPR and Villa turning into a rough day for Steve Bruce right now.

Hugill is a Boro fan though which helped massively.

Oh yeah for sure his agent could have whispered sweet nothings I don't think you could have stopped him coming but I noticed all of their locals framed us signing Hugill earlier as a blow to those clubs because they wanted him on loan as well.

I'd hazard a guess that all of this Adomah stuff from Villa's end might have something to do with the fact they're trying to sign Isaac Success and think Adomah's an expensive substitute with a year left let's try and cash in. Wonder if Fulham signing Bryan means they're not paying 15m for Targett if that's the case glad they've wised up.

Still pretty funny though :s

Have you seen the tweet about Bruce chasing him down the motorway?  It's more than likely made up but I hope to god it's true  :funny:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGaEm_WwAAovF2.jpg

Surely if the contract is signed it’s binding. That would be a new low for football if that was allowed to happen.

Until it’s ratified by the FA I guess it’s as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Still pretty funny though :s

Have you seen the tweet about Bruce chasing him down the motorway?  It's more than likely made up but I hope to god it's true  :funny:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGaEm_WwAAovF2.jpg

Surely if the contract is signed it’s binding. That would be a new low for football if that was allowed to happen.

If this story is true then unreal. Im crying here hahaha

To be fair, the lack of loyalty in football is quite disgusting. Fancy agreeing then driving away when you get a better offer.

If this was happening to us we would be raging!

Ahem... Shay Given.