oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I think braithwaite will stay, can’t see him bringing his whole family over for a matter of weeks just to uproot again. Atleast I hope not! Today is going to be a huge day for us!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me put it another way then. If at the end of last season or the start of this summer someone said we're going to sign a striker who scored 8 goals last season in the Championship and his best ever is 12 goals, would we be happy with that? So are we happy because we think he'll be a great fit and good addition to the squad or are people just happy to be signing anyone because we haven't done much so far and we've lost a few good players? I don't even have a downer on the lad but it kinda feels to me like there's a hint of desperation in the air right now?

I think this sums up how I feel about his signing. I thought we were selling Bamford because we had too many strikers so why have we signed an inferior replacement? I can only assume we are expecting to ship out another striker. Assuming Pulis pushes Braithwaite out the door as it feels a bit like is happening, then I can't see how this is improving us, losing those two and getting Hugill.

Pulis talks a good game about other managers wasting lots of money and not improving the team and him wanting quality players who improve the team, but I just don't see how Hugill does this. I will give him a chance of course and hope he does prove to be a great signing but I'm a bit concerned he will not improve us.

Braithwaite hasn’t left yet - and unless we bring in a replacement I hope he’ll be told to stay. Hugill isn’t the most prolific but he is a target man - and given the number of times i’ve seen the ball bounce off our strikers and the lack of goals from midfield - then maybe he is what we need to get the best out of the attaching midfielders (that we hopefully sign today...). Target men are typically slower so get lesss goal chances than poachers and quick forwards, but as we’re only really creating chances from dead balls and crosses, then poachers may not be what we want - Kris Boyd was a classic example of a poacher with no supply - pointless.

I think braithwaite will stay, can’t see him bringing his whole family over for a matter of weeks just to uproot again. Atleast I hope not! Today is going to be a huge day for us!

Remember he can still leave after today, right up until August 31st. This is why I think someone will come in for him :(

I think we're either going to massively overpay for panic buys (15m Vokes/10+m Ojo) or do diddly squat of any note hoping for loans.

Ray of sunshine me.

Happy to be proved wrong.

I think we're either going to massively overpay for panic buys (15m Vokes/10+m Ojo) or do diddly squat of any note hoping for loans.

Ray of sunshine me.

So Pulis is going to go from continually stressing that he does now want to pay over the odds for players to "panic buying".

Let me put it another way then. If at the end of last season or the start of this summer someone said we're going to sign a striker who scored 8 goals last season in the Championship and his best ever is 12 goals, would we be happy with that? So are we happy because we think he'll be a great fit and good addition to the squad or are people just happy to be signing anyone because we haven't done much so far and we've lost a few good players? I don't even have a downer on the lad but it kinda feels to me like there's a hint of desperation in the air right now?

I think this sums up how I feel about his signing. I thought we were selling Bamford because we had too many strikers so why have we signed an inferior replacement? I can only assume we are expecting to ship out another striker. Assuming Pulis pushes Braithwaite out the door as it feels a bit like is happening, then I can't see how this is improving us, losing those two and getting Hugill.

Pulis talks a good game about other managers wasting lots of money and not improving the team and him wanting quality players who improve the team, but I just don't see how Hugill does this. I will give him a chance of course and hope he does prove to be a great signing but I'm a bit concerned he will not improve us.

If you'd said to me we'd sell Bamford to Leeds and bring in Hugill to replace him I would have been pretty dissapointed. However I wouldn't write Hugill off based on his goal scoring record.

The last time we got promoted none of our strikers were prolific but they did a job in a certain system. If Hugill scores 12 and assists around 6 he'll have contributed more goals to the team than Britt last season who scored 17 and assisted 0.

If he can bring other players into the game with his hold up play then maybe he's more suited to our team and how Pulis wants to play.

Ray of sunshine me.

So Pulis is going to go from continually stressing that he does now want to pay over the odds for players to "panic buying".

If you want believe what he says that's up to you mate. Personally I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's proven himself a very dishonest person.

Ray of sunshine me.

If you want believe what he says that's up to you mate. Personally I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's proven himself a very dishonest person.

So has proven himself a "very" dishonest manager compared to other managers?

Here we are on one of the most exciting days of the football calander. I'm interested to see who we sign and how they'll fit into our current set up. I'd love to see any of the following...

Kalas

Knudsen

Adomah

Bolasie

Besic

Ojo

Keep hold of Braithwaite

I know I'll be lucky to get all that mind but a girl can dream. :)

Ray of sunshine me.

Why do you think that Dan?

Ray of sunshine me.

I think it's due to the whole Crystal Palace saga. Drama.

Ray of sunshine me.

The way he tried to con Palace out of a few million certainly doesn’t paint a pretty picture.