oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

If we could sign Besic and hang on to the rest of our squad, I’d be quite happy. Not the most eventful of transfer windows, but far better than last years car crash when we threw away millions.

We would be way too slow and weak in wide attacking positions if it stayed like this imo. No cover at full back either.

Downing and Braithwaite are a decent pair of wingers with Tav and Chapman as backup, I can live with that.

Most of our defenders can cover at fullback, it’s the easiest position on the pitch.

We may not have that much pace, but what’s wrong with a slow build up, it worked for the great Liverpool and ***nal teams of the past.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bolasie is going to be a massive struggle I think.

Not keen? Can't see him having many other options, is he really too proud to drop down to the championship to help his career?

If we could sign Besic and hang on to the rest of our squad, I’d be quite happy. Not the most eventful of transfer windows, but far better than last years car crash when we threw away millions.

We would be way too slow and weak in wide attacking positions if it stayed like this imo. No cover at full back either.

Downing and Braithwaite are a decent pair of wingers with Tav and Chapman as backup, I can live with that.

Most of our defenders can cover at fullback, it’s the easiest position on the pitch.

We may not have that much pace, but what’s wrong with a slow build up, it worked for the great Liverpool and ***nal teams of the past.

You can't be serious  :funny:

Bolasie is going to be a massive struggle I think.

To be fair what options does he have? The only teams tentatively linked apart from us is Burnley and Palace. Burnley are too stingy and Palace have just signed Ayew. He'd likely just be swapping one bench for another.

So he can either sit on his backside being 5/6th Choice at Everton or suck it up and come play some football.

Regardless of what we need in the team, How someone can be happy with pocketing 40 odd mil on out going transfers and not investing it in the team is baffling to me.

There's no way we could get away with banking 40 odd million and supplementing the gaps in the squads that Pulis sees with 5 loans we have to get a couple of permanents done today it's crucial I'm not saying we should spend 40 million but seems reasonable to spend 20 between a winger and a midfielder at least but we'll see.

If Burnley are still an option, he'll know. And whilst that's the case, he will surely not think twice about hanging on. He'll know we can probably still deal with him when the window is closed if he's still stuck at Everton and is convinced that's an awful place for him to be. I don't think he'll mind how Burnley play and whether or not that suits him. It's still Premier League football and he'll fancy his chances to succeed there.

And let's be fair, there could even be some potential loan interest elsewhere in Europe when our permanent window is closed. He could at the very least wait for top-level interest from elsewhere if he's been given any indications that Everton would sanction that.

There's no way we could get away with banking 40 odd million and supplementing the gaps in the squads that Pulis sees with 5 loans we have to get a couple of permanents done today it's crucial I'm not saying we should spend 40 million but seems reasonable to spend 20 between a winger and a midfielder at least but we'll see.

With the rumored offer to Millwall for two of their players, is he trying to kill two birds with one stone!

Mirror are changing their tune.

'Mo Besic is in talks with both Leeds and Boro, and likely to complete a move to the former, but Everton would hope to offload at least two or three more.

It seems as though Morgan Schneiderlin won’t be one of the departing, though he himself had expressed a desire to go earlier in the window.

Yannick Bolasie would be a big one to get off the books, and there has been interest from Boro, Burnley and Palace...but NO bids yet with time ticking down.'

Yannick Bolasie left Finch Farm early this morning. Didn't train with squad. Hearing #Boro are closing in on season-long loan deal. 1.5m loan fee. #EFC

Daniel Jacobs - Metro Sport Journo

Yannick Bolasie left Finch Farm early this morning. Didn't train with squad. Hearing #Boro are closing in on season-long loan deal. 1.5m loan fee. #EFC

Interesting, hope it's true. :)

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-leeds-middlesbrough-make-bids-for-everton-midfielder

TEAMtalk understands Middlesbrough and Leeds have both made bids for unwanted Everton midfelder Mo Besic.

Both Championshio clubs are waiting to hear back from Marco Silva’s side, who are busy adding last-minute recruits to their Premier League squad.

It’s understood that both clubs are happy to take Besic on a permanent deal if Everton do not want to loan the Bosnian.

Earlier this week Bosnian source sportsport claimed that Leeds were the latest Championship club to enquire about Besic.

The Bosnian is not thought to have a future at Goodison under Silva and Wst Brom are also understood to be interested in the player, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Boro.

The German-born midfielder appeared 15 times for Boro last season, scoring once and grabbing one assist.

Middlesbrough are trying to sign Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/11466720/middlesbrough-trying-to-sign-muhamed-besic-on-loan-from-everton

Confused why we would try for a loan for him when we know he has been decent for us and have the money to spend. A buy would be a good option... possibly the hold up as they want to sell and we want to loan with Leeds working out if they can afford to buy.

I'd be happier with a loan deal, gives both us and the player wriggle room.