oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

No chance we will get Freeman so I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's half an hour left, it would have been reported by now.

Kei Kamara, Lee Tomlin, Jacob Butterfield - all got announced for the first time after the deadline. Maybe even Ayala.

It's not over yet. Got to give it an hour or two after the deadline.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The issue with the loan market is that it cuts off quite a lot of potential avenues. We won't be able to sign any top players from championship clubs as they likely won't be able to adequately replace them with a loan deal so why would they let them go?

It basically just limits us to premier league players who aren't good enough for their current sides and they have enough cover to be able to lose the player from the squad. I think we'll be extremely limited in our options in that particular market tbh.

Sounds a bit like Bolasie.

Correct. Problem being we need two wingers and everton dont seem willing to negotiate a loan deal. Whether that changes after today is to be seen, but it's a risk either way

What position does Freeman play lads?

No chance we will get Freeman so I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's half an hour left, it would have been reported by now.

Kei Kamara, Lee Tomlin, Jacob Butterfield - all got announced for the first time after the deadline. Maybe even Ayala.

It's not over yet. Got to give it an hour or two after the deadline.

We signed Ayala on loan.  That's not necessarily a list to inspire confidence in people  :)

Don't clubs normally get 2hrs hour after the deadline to complete deals providing the paperwork is sent through to the FA before closing time?

Yes. People are acting like even the Besic deal is up in the air. Announcing it on Twitter and the website isn't part of the FA's official transfer process...

More

@Boro I hope this delay in transfer announcements is down to the filming of a reveal in a James Bond style escape from Goodison Park, starring Besic, Bolasie and Martina where Pulis airlifts them to safety flying a white baseball cap shaped helicopter.

We aren’t getting anyone now are we

Ffs still no wingers

Still no full backs

If only there were some kind of loan window still open for another fortnight.

EVERYONE BREATHE...

It's going to be OK

It does get a bit daft on here come deadline day.  I prefer it during the summer when it's full of arguments and discussions about players we aren't signing.  Deadline day is boring.

EVERYONE BREATHE...

It's going to be OK

It does get a bit daft on here come deadline day.  I prefer it during the summer when it's full of arguments and discussions about players we aren't signing.  Deadline day is boring.

We haven't had pages of pun related stuff or anyone claiming to be ITK cos their daughter is sleeping with a player...Not even a proper summer transfer thread