• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The worst window was the one where we thought we could stay in the Premier League by signing Justin Hoyte, Marvin Emnes and Didier Digard.  That one was an absolute cracker.  Our last attempt at the Premier League wasn't far behind that one either.

The January window last time in the Prem was pretty abysmal. Guediora and Bamford to come in and save us.

Don't forget big Rudy!

The worst window was the one where we thought we could stay in the Premier League by signing Justin Hoyte, Marvin Emnes and Didier Digard.  That one was an absolute cracker.  Our last attempt at the Premier League wasn't far behind that one either.

Did we let the big Aussie go that year too? Or was that the one before?

Yeah he left that summer and we didn't even replace him at all.  Well, unless you count Turnbull and Jones and I don't.

Boro have completed the deal for Mo Besic, at this stage I could not tell you if it's a loan or a permanent deal as both plates were spinning. But at the very least he is a Boro player and will be until the end of the season. Also told there could be one more addition!!!

LOL.

Before being labelled a “bed wetter” , I’m just gonna be as factual as possible without an out poring of irrational emotion.

2017/2018 season we were very one dimensional having really only 1 creative outlet in Adama.  After a season of failure to gain promotion we do this,

Out

Adama--------£18M/£20M

Gibbo----------£15M

Bamford-------£7M/£10M

Fabio-----------£1M

Barragan------£1M

Besic------------Loan End

Baker-----------Loan End

Harrison--------Loan End

Tomas Mejias-----Released

Crainie-----------Released

In

Flint--------------------£6M/£7M

McNair-----------------£5M

Hugill------------------Loan

Lonergan-------------free

We now have only 1 out and out FB in Friend if you consider Shotton to be a CB that covers RB for us.

We have on 1 winger (discounting kids for academy) in Downing in the first team squad.  I wouldn’t include Braithwaite as a winger, he’s a forward that will be asked to do a job out there.

Creativity wise (Gaston type) we have nothing (again discounting kids from academy).

So again without being a “bed wetter” is it fair to ask what on earth Gary Gill and the recruitment/scouting team do for their money?