• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it comes down to the agent asking for too much, it will not be the first time Steve Gibson says no. I can stand by that.

I'm still disappointed we've brought nobody in though.

If we’d have moved at the right time, there would have been no surprises at the last minute with agent fees. I’m not convinced we went all out to make the deal happen.

Well all we can hope for is that the current players can perform well during August and make us look an attractive option for any potential loan players considering joining us.

Whatever happened with Ojo and a few others mentioned earlier on?

To be honest with what has taken place today I really do not see Besic coming here on loan an would not be at all surprised to see him at Leeds shortly.

Balasie according to Everton was going nowhere unless it was on a permanent I wonder if they will do a u turn now considering the incomings they have signed today

If it comes down to the agent asking for too much, it will not be the first time Steve Gibson says no. I can stand by that.

If we’d have moved at the right time, there would have been no surprises at the last minute with agent fees. I don’t stand by that.

Move early and the asking prices are too high.

If we’d have moved at the right time, there would have been no surprises at the last minute with agent fees. I don’t stand by that.

This. And how do we not have an idea of fees when we had him here on loan. Baffled.

I never said I did. In fact, I said quite the opposite. I stand by not being rinsed by agents, it's the way Steve does his business and frankly I'm fine with that.

I'm not standing by the club's decision to do business late if this is the state it leaves us in from September onwards.

I never said I did. In fact, I said quite the opposite. I stand by not being rinsed by agents, it's the way Steve does his business and frankly I'm fine with that.

Yeah but is it?  Look over all of our transfer activity the last few years, you really think a fair few quid hasn't found it's way to some agents?

If the agents fee was an issue I'm surprised we didn't just move to take him on loan but then there was apparently some disagreement between ourselves and Everton over how much each of us was going to contribute if it was a loan?  Presumably it would be a lower amount than if we'd actually bought him but what would I know  :)

I know it sounds crazy but I'm not entirely confident that the club will match Bolasie's 70k wages which I'd presume Everton would want yet alone what Bolasie actually saying yes I'll drop down. It's fine though the Sheyi Ojo we chased all summer last year with a young manager Monk who was desperate to have him and build around him will love the idea of joining us over our rivals we're an attractive proposition. I just think we've wasted our best chance to kick on here we aren't getting anyone permanent through the door and we aren't getting players that would do a better job than the people we just bid for it's just a depressing state of affairs.

Well all we can hope for is that the current players can perform well during August and make us look an attractive option for any potential loan players considering joining us.

Whatever happened with Ojo and a few others mentioned earlier on?

To be honest with what has taken place today I really do not see Besic coming here on loan an would not be at all surprised to see him at Leeds shortly.

Balasie according to Everton was going nowhere unless it was on a permanent  I wonder if they will do a u turn now considering the incomings they have signed today

Seemed like Liverpool wanted £15m for Ojo and nobody was going anywhere near that. Looks like he's going on loan. 

Everton wanted Bolasie gone permanently as they wanted the fee and wouldn't loan to Prem clubs. Think we'll have a good chance for him now. 

Do the Premier League squads get finalised tomorrow or is that still the end of August as that will show who's definitely available. Everton's squad is massive now.