oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

So if we get Besic on loan we can’t go for both Martina & Bolasie... is that right? The number of loans thing is confusing me

exactly that, it's only 2 loans of over 23s players from the same club.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people involved in our recruitment must be the most incompetent in English football. If someone can name a team that’s had a worse window I’ll be amazed

There's paying money to agents and there's getting taken to the cleaners. Gibson did this with the Rhodes transfer quite recently and got his way in the end. I cannot see this being the end of this transfer.

But then I was pretty convinced it was going through earlier so what do I know!

The people involved in our recruitment must be the most incompetent in English football. If someone can name a team that’s had a worse window I’ll be amazed

Spurs?

They didn't sign anyone but fended off interest in their biggest stars. They have a fairly complete squad already so their window hasn't been too bad. Ours has been a disaster.

Spurs?

They didn't sign anyone but fended off interest in their biggest stars. They have a fairly complete squad already so their window hasn't been too bad. Ours has been a disaster.

I wouldn't say ours has been a disaster just yet. We have the whole loan window ahead which the club knew in advance.

If it comes down to the agent asking for too much, it will not be the first time Steve Gibson says no. I can stand by that.

I'm still disappointed we've brought nobody in though.

If we’d have moved at the right time, there would have been no surprises at the last minute with agent fees. I don’t stand by that.

Move early and the asking prices are too high.

McNair? Flint? Those fees were fine and done early.

Wallace and Saville were good targets, but our offer was late and derisory.

The scouting team and manager picked good targets, but we didn’t give ourselves a chance of signing them. Selling clubs need time to arrange replacements before committing to sell.

Was this all a way of saying ‘hey, we tried but oops sorry we couldn’t get the deals done in time’.

We clearly didn’t do what was needed to bring players in.

I’d rather the club just come out and say that than put on this pantomime show. Even Pulis will be fuming.

BORO have become a fur coat no knickers club.

Quote of the day! But what does it mean?!

Having a superficially positive appearance that is belied by the reality, e.g., superficially elegant and beautiful but actually common.

Thanks B Woof - good knowledge

Boro’s move for Mo Besic fell through due to agent fees, but the midfielder still wants to join and the club will now turn their attention to signing the Bosnian on loan.

This coming from the Gazette.

Did we really wait until today to start discussing the figures with Besic and his agent?

Did we seriously expect Millwall to sell their best two players a few hours before the window closed?

We've had 3 months to do our business but left the majority of it until the final day again. How many transfer windows can we keep failing in until someone gets sacked?

We are a complete embarrassment.

Don't worry I'm sure someone at the EG, I'm guessing Tallentire will get on the phone to Bauser tonight and write up all of the excuses and agents messing us around for 3 months and Tony's just as disappointed as him but he understands. I thought last summer sat there hoping for Routledge was a low point but this is pretty *cking low we've had 5 windows back to back of this blasé BS and every time it's don't worry the loan windows open an extra week or 2 we'll do stuff then. I'm amazed at the optimism around we've needed wingers for over a year, at least one, and now suddenly the sea is going to part and we'll get that Bolasie and Ojo combo I'm not letting the club honeyd*ck me anymore I thought they had some plan for the money going into this week all I've seen is scattershot bids and a carrot on the stick chase of Bolasie. I'm guessing Bolasie goes on loan to Turkey before he goes on loan to us, I'd take that bet...