oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Listen guys all we've done is sold our utility fullback, our captain/dressing room leader, our one skilful player and our one striker who showed he could score important goals for us last season there is nothing to worry about because we'll probably/definitely/absolutely sign that flashy LFC youngster who turned us down last summer and we're clearly in the driving seat to sign a 70k a week winger from Everton on loan it's all good.

2 of them we had no choice with.

Gibson has been replaced.

Bamford has been replaced.

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

Sounds like you’ve been drinking too much of Adrian Bevington’s Kool-Aid

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our current squad isn’t as bad as everybody thinks, lack of incomings may mean we hang on to Braithwaite. The young players are more likely to breakthrough too.

It’s not all doom and gloom, we will win matches on the training pitch, not in the transfer market.

I doubt it.

I'll tell you what the loan window is.....it's an excuse for people to use when we don't get in our 'targets'.

How many people said judge when the transfer window closes. Now it's judge when the loan window closes. Then there will be excuses and everyone who says the club have screwed it up or dare I say, used these infamous smoke and mirrors on their fans, will be considered bedwetters.

In my opinion, and I honestly don't mind if people disagree, this was always the plan. We did our business early. Flint and mcnair. That's it. We then wanted to get as much money in as possible for a striker and the two most saleable assets. Bank the money. Pay off the debt. Who knows. May be ensure we have a pot of money for the new manager?

Either way, I think plan A was a success for the club today.

This window including the loan window will be a failure if we don't fix the problematic areas.

The loan window is still open and until then I have no issue.

Hugill has replaced Bamford. Flint replaced Gibson. Debt I'm not 100% we have any, I could be wrong of course. I think it is a conspiracy this whole 'Plan', I don't doubt that we are steadying the ship but we will sort this with the loan window.

Listen guys all we've done is sold our utility fullback, our captain/dressing room leader, our one skilful player and our one striker who showed he could score important goals for us last season there is nothing to worry about because we'll probably/definitely/absolutely sign that flashy LFC youngster who turned us down last summer and we're clearly in the driving seat to sign a 70k a week winger from Everton on loan it's all good.

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

Replaced by Fry I agree because there's no chance we play Ayala and Flint together in a 2.

By a loan signing, with an option.

20 million pound hole we could even find a 5 million pound peg to plug in it in Wallace.

Maybe but I think we'll need to see whether we get a RB/LB type or what we end up with if we get a bum like Cranie he won't be replaced.

I honestly wish I had as much faith in the loan market as you the last loan signing we made that was successful was maybe Negredo or Chambers?

My best guess here is we'll bring in 2-3 loans see where we are in January and then maybe spend on some of the missed targets if we're right up there my question is the strategy of the past 5 windows they've all followed a similar 'patient' strategy with the same payoff.

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

I'm just very convinced we will get it right.

When it comes to attracting loan players from the prem , we're about as appealing as a pint of camel ejaculate.

Ojo  opted for Fulham

Kent  went to Bristol City

Grujic  to Cardiff

If they want references from Baker & Harrison , these won't be glowing endorsements.  

More senior players surplus to requirements in prem squads, will wait until the end of the European transfer window before considering dropping down to the championship.  

We really are in a woeful position, at the mercy of arrogant Premier league kids, to whether we are worthy enough of their loan signing.

I hope Pulis does walk, might get the point through to Gibson that this recruitment team is not fit for purpose in any way. It’s a disgrace.

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

And what about boro would ever give you that confidence?

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

That amazes me. From our previous dealings in the transfer market, what makes you think that?

Boro’s move for Mo Besic fell through due to agent fees, but the midfielder still wants to join and the club will now turn their attention to signing the Bosnian on loan.

This coming from the Gazette.

Won’t Besic agent just ask for £1m for the loan?

The Gazette say our preference and plan on Bolasie was a loan all along it's just the small problem of convincing Everton to loan him, convincing Bolasie to come and agreeing how much of his 70k a week we pay I mean it sounds like a done deal to me no worries.

It's good that people aren't overreacting.

Where’s the over reaction? You’re the one who comes on after every transfer window and tells everyone how crap it was and that we haven’t addressed our problem areas, now people agree with you they’re overreacting?

Adama will be replaced.

Fabio will be replaced.

That amazes me. From our previous dealings in the transfer market, what makes you think that?

I don't think last summers transfer window was a total disaster, just sadly had Monk piecing it together.

I'd say the January window in the Prem, Karanka was let down and didn't get what he wanted/needed but also don't think it was for the lack of effort as we did target high profile players.

Other than those 2 windows I don't think we've been let down. Karanka was always fully backed other than that 1 January window.

I'll tell you what the loan window is.....it's an excuse for people to use when we don't get in our 'targets'.

How many people said judge when the transfer window closes. Now it's judge when the loan window closes. Then there will be excuses and everyone who says the club have screwed it up or dare I say, used these infamous smoke and mirrors on their fans, will be considered bedwetters.

In my opinion, and I honestly don't mind if people disagree, this was always the plan. We did our business early. Flint and mcnair. That's it. We then wanted to get as much money in as possible for a striker and the two most saleable assets. Bank the money. Pay off the debt. Who knows. May be ensure we have a pot of money for the new manager?

Either way, I think plan A was a success for the club today.

This window including the loan window will be a failure if we don't fix the problematic areas.

The loan window is still open and until then I have no issue.

Hugill has replaced Bamford. Flint replaced Gibson. Debt I'm not 100% we have any, I could be wrong of course. I think it is a conspiracy this whole 'Plan', I don't doubt that we are steadying the ship but we will sort this with the loan window.

We were going to (at least start to) sort it with the real window. And let's face it, we haven't. Barring wing we have the slowest midfield since Robson, Thompson and flood. We have zero creativity from the left......or the right. Our full backs are mid table at best and we have zero back up for them. The players we have bought in are inferior to those we let go. I love all the optimism. I'm sick of the "we'll be fine" line that keeps dropping up.

Why can't our fans just face it, this window has been disastrous, and though I actually prefer to loan some players to take away the massive risks, I just don't see us fill in all the positions needed. I'm not even sure the positions we believe need addressing are considers to be problem areas within the club.