•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Inflows: 40m

Bamford £7m (potentially rising to 10)

Adama £15m (£18.75m release clause, Villa received 3.75m)

Ben Gibson £15m

Fabio £2m

Barragan £1m

Outflows: £12m

Flint £5m (potentially rising to 7/8m)

Mcnair £5m

Hugill £2m loan fee

Net Spend: +£28m unless I'm missing something...

Absolutely baffling. Only words I have for this transfer window. Disgraceful!

I’ve been out of the house since 5:30. Have we received an explanation from the club yet? As to why, when we have received over £80m on parachute payments and transfer fees this summer, not to mention the Premier League money which we have yet to see, we have only spent £10m of it when our squad is desperately short in so many areas.

I see Fulham spent over 100million this window. It goes to show how big an impact money has now and how big a reward winning that play off final has.

We didn’t spend anywhere near that when we got promoted. Gibbos been cutting back for the last few years.

who cares theyve all made a pigs ear of it, again.

Oh yeah but dont worry weve got another 3 weeks to fix our problems even though weve already had 3 months to do it.

People still suggesting downing will be good as an attacking midfielder.... Why is he suddenly going to start tearing it up 3 years after signing?

Just accept our team is worse than last season, our players who needed replacing are older and our best player never got replaced. God forbid if Braithwaite leaves aswell.

If you didnt want promotion you may not be to bothered, but if youre expecting us to compete at the top with this team your going to be dissapointed.

Agree with every word of this, things aren't ok because we've weekend our squad massively and it wasn't good enough anyway as last season showed.

For me you can forget about promotion now barring a miracle in the next few weeks (and who can trust the recruitment side of the club anymore).

I spend a *** fortune every April renewing season tickets (4 months before the season has even started), the least I expect is the club to try. I'm having trouble actually believing that we tried to sign players today, it looks that disorganised that it feels like a charade to keep the fans happy.

No offense but I am actually struggling to remember when the club, as a business, tried to 'keep the fans happy'?

Anyway. Who knows. With no pre-madonas we might actually do well this season. When was the last time big spending fulfilled?

It just seems to me that everyone wants BIG name signings. Why not give the kids a chance. They did it for us in the 80's when we had nothing to spend.

Maybe competing in the championship is part of the bigger picture. More exciting than getting pummeled in the prem. :D

I see Fulham spent over 100million this window. It goes to show how big an impact money has now and how big a reward winning that play off final has.

We didn’t spend anywhere near that when we got promoted. Gibbos been cutting back for the last few years.

Don’t particularly need to, Burnley didn’t, they just bought smart, and now they are in Europe. Why did we get this all so wrong it’s so annoying

Don’t particularly need to, Burnley didn’t, they just bought smart, and now they are in Europe. Why did we get this all so wrong it’s so annoying

I’d love to know where all this money that we’ve been getting the last 3 years is going!

Genuinely believe we concentrate to much on trying to make spectacular signings rather than just getting what we need.

For example how much effort did we put into bolasie? Could we have looked at the likes of Watkins or Bowen instead? (Maybe we did who knows).

Woods at Brentford could have joined if besic was proving hard to get.

I’d love to know where all this money that we’ve been getting the last 3 years is going!

Wages

Didn't expect us to do much in the transfer market today, so not really shocked that we did nothing, we knew the areas where we needed to strengthen and we failed, but to be honest its about par for the course for us on transfer deadline day.

Wages

200+ millions on wages? :)

Doesn't look like we're going to get Bolasie in the loan window either.. hope he enjoys sitting on the bench

I didn't understand a word of that. They need to start giving players elocution lessons