oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Doesn't look like we're going to get Bolasie in the loan window either.. hope he enjoys sitting on the bench

I didn't understand a word of that. They need to start giving players elocution lessons

He grew up in London, it's a pretty common way of talking in London.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me whats happened this transfer window was either really bad recruitment or a refusal to pay over the odds to get a players (could include agents with Besic) or it could be that gibson cashing in enough money so if we dont go up we are ok for a few seasons (possibly a similar situation to Mowbray).

What ever it is though I want to end today on a positive note. This transfer window must give kids like Wing, Tav, Ripley, Fry and chapman a chance at getting into the first team and thats possibly the best thing to come of the window the fact that they will be have to be given a chance because they are talented and hungry. What if we have some of the players already here needed to gain promotion, not gonna be easy but we never do it the easy way anyway.

I see Fulham spent over 100million this window. It goes to show how big an impact money has now and how big a reward winning that play off final has.

We didn’t spend anywhere near that when we got promoted. Gibbos been cutting back for the last few years.

Don’t particularly need to, Burnley didn’t, they just bought smart, and now they are in Europe. Why did we get this all so wrong it’s so annoying

I’d love to know where all this money that we’ve been getting the last 3 years is going!

Wages

So the £80m we’ve made on parachute payments and transfer fees, plus income from gate receipts and merchandise, plus competition winnings, plus tv money, is all going on player wages? Our players are being massively overpaid!!!

pulis - i wont waste more of gibsons money.

you get that, HE said HE WONT waste MONEY.

no more monk 30mill on crap or 40million of crap foreign rejects like we might have got if karanka had this war chest.

now we havent got a squad filled to the brim with hasbeens and merc's wing chapman wood fry and tav will get a chance. if all 5 become regulars we might well have saved 40million+ on transfers and if we went up next season have 80 million to spend on those 3-4 quality additions we need to improve our chance of winning a match. not a boat load of players who never really improved us and actually ruined the squad harmony and moral knocking us back after 3 years of improving.

for those saying we have weakened. really? as i dont see a great deal of weakening other than traore leaving but we have braithwaite back, scored 2 and a hand in a few of the 5 goals we scored already. thats stats suggest we are okay so far. mcnair is an improvement having wing play in an attacking improvement and tav is a year older and looks better as does fletcher. losing a few squad players and x2 first teamers isnt worth crying about especially when we have added x3 first teamser and in all likelyhood will add more first teamers in the loan market. We will be a stronger unit this season no doubt about it. why do you think everyone else thinks we will be contenders?? but you dont see it because 1/ YOU DONT RATE PULIS, 2/YOUR BEDWETTING 3/BOTH.

After we give brum more of the treatment sheff utd got on tuesday, you'll all be smiling but back on here having a moan again on this thread about lack of transfers.

i guess moaning is the teesside way :D :D

What ever it is though I want to end today on a positive note. This transfer window must give kids like Wing, Tav, Ripley, Fry and chapman a chance at getting into the first team and thats possibly the best thing to come of the window the fact that they will be have to be given a chance

Sorry Thomas, The big headline news on MFC website is Ripley has gone to Accrington Stanley on loan.

What a ***ing terrible ***ing transfer ***ing window.

We didn’t spend anywhere near that when we got promoted. Gibbos been cutting back for the last few years.

Don’t particularly need to, Burnley didn’t, they just bought smart, and now they are in Europe. Why did we get this all so wrong it’s so annoying

I’d love to know where all this money that we’ve been getting the last 3 years is going!

Wages

So the £80m we’ve made on parachute payments and transfer fees, plus income from gate receipts and merchandise, plus competition winnings, plus tv money, is all going on player wages? Our players are being massively overpaid!!!

Our promotion year we made a huge loss. The year before that we made a huge loss. The year before that one we also made a huge loss. The year in the prem we probably made a profit of less than £10 million. Last seasons accounts are not out yet, but I imagine we made a small loss that year too. We can't keep making loss after loss. I'd rather Gibbo reign our spending in and be cautious but still have a club. Rather than the likes of QPR/Pompey.

no more monk 30mill on crap or 40million of crap foreign rejects like we might have got if karanka had this war chest.

now we havent got a squad filled to the brim with hasbeens and merc's wing chapman wood fry and tav will get a chance. if all 5 become regulars we might well have saved 40million+ on transfers and if we went up next season have 80 million to spend on those 3-4 quality additions we need to improve our chance of winning a match. not a boat load of players who never really improved us and actually ruined the squad harmony and moral knocking us back after 3 years of improving.

for those saying we have weakened. really? as i dont see a great deal of weakening other than traore leaving but we have braithwaite back, scored 2 and a hand in a few of the 5 goals we scored already. thats stats suggest we are okay so far. mcnair is an improvement having wing play in an attacking improvement and tav is a year older and looks better as does fletcher. losing a few squad players and x2 first teamers isnt worth crying about especially when we have added x3 first teamser and in all likelyhood will add more first teamers in the loan market. We will be a stronger unit this season no doubt about it. why do you think everyone else thinks we will be contenders?? but you dont see it because 1/ YOU DONT RATE PULIS, 2/YOUR BEDWETTING 3/BOTH.

After we give brum more of the treatment sheff utd got on tuesday, you'll all be smiling but back on here having a moan again on this thread about lack of transfers.

Pulis said our squad is short, is he a bed wetter?

Our costs doubled on promotion to nearly 90m I think then relegation brought them back down to 50m-ish the past year or so but like I said earlier past 5 windows since promotion we're now a wash for money spent at around £0 maybe even in a little green with net spend from add ons so we aren't close to being in trouble in the operating sense I just think we held back and didn't show the ambition you should have especially when you consider Pulls is our highest paid manager on, and this is a guess based on his WBA salary, 2 million a year I mean we surely have to back him more.

It isn't like we have a bad squad but we have 2 senior wingers in Marvin Johnson and Downing with no real cover at RB/LB I just think for where we sit in the Championship hierarchy and expectations we should do better than that.

now we havent got a squad filled to the brim with hasbeens and merc's wing chapman wood fry and tav will get a chance. if all 5 become regulars we might well have saved 40million+ on transfers and if we went up next season have 80 million to spend on those 3-4 quality additions  we need to improve our chance of winning a match. not a boat load of players who never really improved us and actually ruined the squad harmony and moral knocking us back after 3 years of improving.

Pulis said our squad is short, is he a bed wetter?

No, he just doesn't rate Pulis.

Kev, always admire your passion but we’ve a worse squad than last season. We’re staring mid table mediocrity down the barrel and we don’t know why.

Where’s the transparency the club promised us?

It’s all getting a bit weird.

If Gibbo has to cut back then fine. But at least explain that to the fans. Instead of coming out with the same ***e every time season tickets are being sold about how we are going to do this and do that in order to get fans to hand over their hard earned cash under false pretences.

I'd have just said *** it and signed Besic, I know it's the principal of not bowing down to agents. But it's made the fans a bit apathetic, as long as we get him at some point I suppose it won't matter...

Wages

Our promotion year we made a huge loss. The year before that we made a huge loss. The year before that one we also made a huge loss. The year in the prem we probably made a profit of less than £10 million. Last seasons accounts are not out yet, but I imagine we made a small loss that year too. We can't keep making loss after loss. I'd rather Gibbo reign our spending in and be cautious but still have a club. Rather than the likes of QPR/Pompey.

It’s a good point Dan, but why not come out and say that. All these ‘attempts’ to sign players have just been a tease