oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

pulis - i wont waste more of gibsons money.

you get that, HE said HE WONT waste MONEY.

no more monk 30mill on crap or 40million of crap foreign rejects like we might have got if karanka had this war chest.

now we havent got a squad filled to the brim with hasbeens and merc's wing chapman wood fry and tav will get a chance. if all 5 become regulars we might well have saved 40million+ on transfers and if we went up next season have 80 million to spend on those 3-4 quality additions  we need to improve our chance of winning a match. not a boat load of players who never really improved us and actually ruined the squad harmony and moral knocking us back after 3 years of improving.

for those saying we have weakened. really? as i dont see a great deal of weakening other than traore leaving but we have braithwaite back, scored 2 and a hand in a few of the 5 goals we scored already. thats stats suggest we are okay so far. mcnair is an improvement having wing play in an attacking improvement and tav is a year older and looks better as does fletcher. losing a few squad players and x2 first teamers isnt worth crying about especially when we have added x3 first teamser and in all likelyhood will add more first teamers in the loan market. We will be a stronger unit this season no doubt about it. why do you think everyone else thinks we will be contenders?? but you dont see it because 1/ YOU DONT RATE PULIS, 2/YOUR BEDWETTING 3/BOTH.

After we give brum more of the treatment sheff utd got on tuesday, you'll all be smiling but back on here having a moan again on this thread about lack of transfers.

i guess moaning is the teesside way :D :D

Pulis said our squad is short, is he a bed wetter?

No, he just doesn't rate Pulis.

At least he knows his limitations I suppose.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pulis - i wont waste more of gibsons money.

you get that, HE said HE WONT waste MONEY.

no more monk 30mill on crap or 40million of crap foreign rejects like we might have got if karanka had this war chest.

now we havent got a squad filled to the brim with hasbeens and merc's wing chapman wood fry and tav will get a chance. if all 5 become regulars we might well have saved 40million+ on transfers and if we went up next season have 80 million to spend on those 3-4 quality additions  we need to improve our chance of winning a match. not a boat load of players who never really improved us and actually ruined the squad harmony and moral knocking us back after 3 years of improving.

for those saying we have weakened. really? as i dont see a great deal of weakening other than traore leaving but we have braithwaite back, scored 2 and a hand in a few of the 5 goals we scored already. thats stats suggest we are okay so far. mcnair is an improvement having wing play in an attacking improvement and tav is a year older and looks better as does fletcher. losing a few squad players and x2 first teamers isnt worth crying about especially when we have added x3 first teamser and in all likelyhood will add more first teamers in the loan market. We will be a stronger unit this season no doubt about it. why do you think everyone else thinks we will be contenders?? but you dont see it because 1/ YOU DONT RATE PULIS, 2/YOUR BEDWETTING 3/BOTH.

After we give brum more of the treatment sheff utd got on tuesday, you'll all be smiling but back on here having a moan again on this thread about lack of transfers.

i guess moaning is the teesside way :D :D

Pulis said our squad is short, is he a bed wetter?

No, he just doesn't rate Pulis.

At least he knows his limitations I suppose.

And yet he wears a baseball cap  :s

I’d love to know where all this money that we’ve been getting the last 3 years is going!

Wages

So the £80m we’ve made on parachute payments and transfer fees, plus income from gate receipts and merchandise, plus competition winnings, plus tv money, is all going on player wages? Our players are being massively overpaid!!!

Our promotion year we made a huge loss. The year before that we made a huge loss. The year before that one we also made a huge loss. The year in the prem we probably made a profit of less than £10 million. Last seasons accounts are not out yet, but I imagine we made a small loss that year too. We can't keep making loss after loss. I'd rather Gibbo reign our spending in and be cautious but still have a club. Rather than the likes of QPR/Pompey.

It’s a good point Dan, but why not come out and say that. All these ‘attempts’ to sign players have just been a tease

I know what you are getting at. It does feel very cloak and dagger. But Middlesbrough are run as a private business. Off the top of your head how many private businesses do you know of that come out publicly with their business/financial plans?

I suppose as a football club it is different and in my opinion we need some sort of transparency.

How are you feeling about today Mr Duvel?

A bit deflated to be honest, it's pretty obvious we need strengthening all over the pitch. I know we played well the other night but I still think we're well short of being a promotion team.

I'm finding it hard to understand that we've left it until today to start talking numbers with clubs and agents. I know things will probably improve over the next few weeks but I'd rather not rely on too many loan players ideally.

What's your thoughts?

What ever it is though I want to end today on a positive note. This transfer window must give kids like Wing, Tav, Ripley, Fry and chapman a chance at getting into the first team and thats possibly the best thing to come of the window the fact that they will be have to be given a chance

Sorry Thomas, The big headline news on MFC website is Ripley has gone to Accrington Stanley on loan.

What a *** terrible *** transfer *** window.

Oww i missed that one but still you get my point the kids deserve to get there chances and this window has probably forced that for at least 2 or 3 of them.

Hopefully the loan window will give us at least 3 good players ... Enough about that, time will tell ..

Hopefully our players can keep the faith and do what they have done this season .. Coming back from a 2-0 down? 2 years ago, we could NEVER come back from a 1-0 down ..

A very well played victory over one of last years top 10 contenders, where the team played as a tight well oiled machine .. as a unit ..

But the question is .. IF we don't bring in any good loans .. IF we can't keep up the good results ..... Then maybe it was better, to give that scumbag agent the cash, instead of angry fans, not going to games ... That'll be more expensive in the long run ..

If we keep producing results, I don't care about new players ...

If we sign good loans and they help us keep producing results .. Then I won't call the window a failure ..

#UTB

Now focus on beating the Monk and his Brumosaurus team!

I'd have just said *** it and signed Besic, I know it's the principal of not bowing down to agents. But it's made the fans a bit apathetic, as long as we get him at some point I suppose it won't matter...

Of course you would. What’s a million anyway. We will sign him on loan and save the money and being ridiculed by a greedy agent.

Wages

So the £80m we’ve made on parachute payments and transfer fees, plus income from gate receipts and merchandise, plus competition winnings, plus tv money, is all going on player wages? Our players are being massively overpaid!!!

Our promotion year we made a huge loss. The year before that we made a huge loss. The year before that one we also made a huge loss. The year in the prem we probably made a profit of less than £10 million. Last seasons accounts are not out yet, but I imagine we made a small loss that year too. We can't keep making loss after loss. I'd rather Gibbo reign our spending in and be cautious but still have a club. Rather than the likes of QPR/Pompey.

It’s a good point Dan, but why not come out and say that. All these ‘attempts’ to sign players have just been a tease

I know what you are getting at. It does feel very cloak and dagger. But Middlesbrough are run as a private business. Off the top of your head how many private businesses do you know of that come out publicly with their business/financial plans?

I suppose as a football club it is different and in my opinion we need some sort of transparency.

I think there’s a difference between private plans and bull *** smoke screens.

We had well considered targets and today our club, for some reason, only pretended to try and sign them.

What ever it is though I want to end today on a positive note. This transfer window must give kids like Wing, Tav, Ripley, Fry and chapman a chance at getting into the first team and thats possibly the best thing to come of the window the fact that they will be have to be given a chance

Sorry Thomas, The big headline news on MFC website is Ripley has gone to Accrington Stanley on loan.

What a *** terrible *** transfer *** window.

Oww i missed that one but still you get my point the kids deserve to get there chances and this window has probably forced that for at least 2 or 3 of them.

Downing will start ahead of Tav, for some reason I’m sure...

With regards to LW signings and I mean players with a previously history of playing LW possibly left footed (not a square peg in round hole) , I can’t think of a decent signing since Boudewijn Zenden back in 2003.  We’ve had some decent academy lads through (Stewart Downing , Adam Johnson, Adam Reach) , but I reckon the below have been poor signings for us.

Mark Yeates ------------------  June 2009

Andrew Halliday ------------- July 2010

Adam Hammill --------------- March 2012  (*loan til end of season)

Emmanuel Ledesma ------- July 2012

Mustapha Carayol --------- August 2012

Yanic Wildschut ------------ September 2014

Carlos de Pena ------------- August 2015

Viktor Fischer -------------- May 2016

Marvin Johnson ----------- August 2017

Jack Harrison -------------- January 2018  (*loan til end of season)

So maybe we should just stick to the academy for LW in future and ditch off the transfer market completely.   Harry Chapman & Marcus Tavernier to the rescue.

The whole thing stinks in my opinion. Honestly just feel massively disappointed and feel our fans have been conned and let down.

I understand your personal disappointment but as a fan I feel in no way have I been conned nor let down. We still have 3 weeks to get deals done.

The whole thing stinks in my opinion. Honestly just feel massively disappointed and feel our fans have been conned and let down.

I understand your personal disappointment but as a fan I feel in no way have I been conned nor let down. We still have 3 weeks to get deals done.

+1

The fact that some people are angry that the club wouldn’t cough up an extra £1m or so to an agent as if it was peanuts is baffling.

The thought also that we are relegation fodder. Did anyone actually watch the first half on Tuesday?

Are we also forgetting the fact that Gibson subsidised the club to £1m a month before our single premier season. Why shouldn’t he make sure we don’t go back to those days.

Couple of loans will fill in squad gaps

Yes some certainty today would have been preferable but it is hardly the end of the world