oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

The whole thing stinks in my opinion. Honestly just feel massively disappointed and feel our fans have been conned and let down.

I understand your personal disappointment but as a fan I feel in no way have I been conned nor let down. We still have 3 weeks to get deals done.

I feel the same, very disappointed but far from conned. Plenty of time to get players in. Hope.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole thing stinks in my opinion. Honestly just feel massively disappointed and feel our fans have been conned and let down.

I understand your personal disappointment but as a fan I feel in no way have I been conned nor let down. We still have 3 weeks to get deals done.

+1

I think differently and thought today was purely a pantomime, put on to appease some supporters. A truly laughable day.

The fact that some people are angry that the club wouldn’t cough up an extra £1m or so to an agent as if it was peanuts is baffling. Did anyone actually watch the first half on Tuesday?

No-one is angry about standing up to agents. People are rightly annoyed that everything was left to the last minute. Figures could have been formalised months ago if we were actually serious about making the signing.

I'd have just said *** it and signed Besic, I know it's the principal of not bowing down to agents. But it's made the fans a bit apathetic, as long as we get him at some point I suppose it won't matter...

Of course you would. What’s a million anyway. We will sign him on loan and save the money and being ridiculed by a greedy agent.

Just feel like the fans deserved a little win today, after the weeks of disappointments in transfers... Save £500k on agents fees, but what if the apathy from the stands creeps into the players. What if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Pulis leaves?

I don't know, maybe it's just because everything is going wrong for me today football related or otherwise. I'll probably wake up tomorrow with renewed optimism :)

+1

I think differently and thought today was purely a pantomime, put on to appease some supporters. A truly laughable day.

You can think that but I personally don't. The club will do what is best for the club. We are probably 2/3 players off of Promotion in my opinion.

+1

A bit of transparency is all we need... if Gibson, came out, told us we are struggling financially and that we have to tighten the purse strings then fine. But we, the fans, have been fed a lot of rubbish over the last couple of years about how big we are going to invest and it’s never really happened. Now coincidentally, a lot of these statements have come out around season ticket sales time. That’s why I use the words conned. The fans are being fed these promises in order to get their hard earned money out of them. Now the majority of fans will still buy the tickets regardless, but at least if the clubs were honest, they would be under no false pretences about where the football club are and what they will be doing when they do so.

The fact that some people are angry that the club wouldn’t cough up an extra £1m or so to an agent as if it was peanuts is baffling. Did anyone actually watch the first half on Tuesday?

Are we also forgetting the fact that  Gibson subsidised the club to £1m a month before our single premier season.  Why shouldn’t he make sure we don’t go back to those days.

Couple of loans will fill in squad gaps

Yes some certainty today would have been preferable but it is hardly the end of the world

I saw an incredibly poor Sheffield United that made us look like Brazil.  I also saw Millwall tear us to pieces for 75/80 mins on Saturday.  

The current squad has zero width or creativity, we'll be sussed soon, and all will set up against us limiting us to long balls and set pieces.  Not ideal .

I'd have just said *** it and signed Besic, I know it's the principal of not bowing down to agents. But it's made the fans a bit apathetic, as long as we get him at some point I suppose it won't matter...

Of course you would. What’s a million anyway. We will sign him on loan and save the money and being ridiculed by a greedy agent.

This is what I really don’t understand. The agent could probably have had 500k in his pocket for a permanent deal. But surely he won’t get anything like that with a loan?

I would have thought it in the agents interest to get a deal done especially if personal terms weren’t an issue

+1

Each to their own, some people are optimists and like to see their glass is half full. Others are pessimists and see their glass is half empty.Then there are those who think that their glass is full of sh!t that was put there by Pulis/Gibson/Bauser on purpose the b@st@rds

Just feel like the fans deserved a little win today, after the weeks of disappointments in transfers... Save £500k on agents fees, but what if the apathy from the stands creeps into the players. What if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Pulis leaves?

I don't know, maybe it's just because everything is going wrong for me today football related or otherwise. I'll probably wake up tomorrow with renewed optimism :)

I think the fans need to realise what we can do without these big name players as shown at Millwall and Sheff Utd. Our support at Millwall no doubt helped them get back a point. If fans start getting on the back of the team its laughable I think.

Are we also forgetting the fact that  Gibson subsidised the club to £1m a month before our single premier season.  Why shouldn’t he make sure we don’t go back to those days.

Yes some certainty today would have been preferable but it is hardly the end of the world

I saw an incredibly poor Sheffield United that made us look like Brazil.  I also saw Millwall tear us to pieces for 75/80 mins on Saturday.  

The current squad has zero width or creativity, we'll be sussed soon, and all will set up against us limiting us to long balls and set pieces.  Not ideal .

Sheffield United were very poor but we still scored 3 goals. Lighten up ffs.

I think the fans need to realise what we can do without these big name players as shown at Millwall and Sheff Utd. Our support at Millwall no doubt helped them get back a point. If fans start getting on the back of the team its laughable I think.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

+1

A bit of transparency is all we need... if Gibson, came out, told us we are struggling financially and that we have to tighten the purse strings then fine. But we, the fans, have been fed a lot of rubbish over the last couple of years about how big we are going to invest and it’s never really happened. Now coincidentally, a lot of these statements have come out around season ticket sales time. That’s why I use the words conned. The fans are being fed these promises in order to get their hard earned money out of them. Now the majority of fans will still buy the tickets regardless, but at least if the clubs were honest, they would be under no false pretences about where the football club are and what they will be doing when they do so.

Is it in our best interest to say we are struggling financially? I don't think so. We spent a lot of money over the last few years. Gibson genuinely thought we'd smash the league but sadly Monk wasn't the man for the job. Rhodes for £10million in January shows his commitment, maybe us fans can show him the same and not doubt him.

Sheffield United were very poor but we still scored 3 goals. Lighten up ffs.

Yeah you're right, we'll just ask to play them every week then . FFS.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

That very average Millwall side is the exact side that finished only 4 points behind us and they've lost no players. Have some perspective ffs. :funny: