oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Of course you would. What’s a million anyway. We will sign him on loan and save the money and being ridiculed by a greedy agent.

Just feel like the fans deserved a little win today, after the weeks of disappointments in transfers... Save £500k on agents fees, but what if the apathy from the stands creeps into the players. What if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Pulis leaves?

I don't know, maybe it's just because everything is going wrong for me today football related or otherwise. I'll probably wake up tomorrow with renewed optimism :)

I think the fans need to realise what we can do without these big name players as shown at Millwall and Sheff Utd. Our support at Millwall no doubt helped them get back a point. If fans start getting on the back of the team its laughable I think.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

That very average Millwall side is the exact side that finished only 4 points behind us and they've lost no players. Have some perspective ffs. :funny:

So being outplayed by a team that finished behind us last season is a good thing?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that some people are angry that the club wouldn’t cough up an extra £1m or so to an agent as if it was peanuts is baffling. Did anyone actually watch the first half on Tuesday?

Are we also forgetting the fact that  Gibson subsidised the club to £1m a month before our single premier season.  Why shouldn’t he make sure we don’t go back to those days.

Couple of loans will fill in squad gaps

Yes some certainty today would have been preferable but it is hardly the end of the world

I saw an incredibly poor Sheffield United that made us look like Brazil.  I also saw Millwall tear us to pieces for 75/80 mins on Saturday.  

The current squad has zero width or creativity, we'll be sussed soon, and all will set up against us limiting us to long balls and set pieces.  Not ideal .

Sheffield United were very poor but we still scored 3 goals. Lighten up ffs.

Yeah you're right, we'll just ask to play them every week then .  FFS.

Because every team in this league is better than Sheff Utd? They only finished 7 points behind us last season. Can't please some fans.

A bit deflated to be honest, it's pretty obvious we need strengthening all over the pitch. I know we played well the other night but I still think we're well short of being a promotion team.

I'm finding it hard to understand that we've left it until today to start talking numbers with clubs and agents. I know things will probably improve over the next few weeks but I'd rather not rely on too many loan players ideally.

What's your thoughts?

If there was a shrugging smilie I'd use that.  We'll sign some players on loan no doubt.  I assume Pulis got a striker he's happy with in Hugill.  He clearly wanted another central midfielder in if the bids for the Millwall players were correct and the obvious attempt to sign Besic.  So I would then also assume he's not happy with our midfield despite having bought McNair.  I guess we'll be getting a defender from somewhere as well.

I think the most interesting thing, if it is true, is that Pulis was actively looking to get rid of Traore.  The clause may have tied our hands regarding the fee but if he was actually looking to sell him all along that would be a bit of a turn up for a few people I dare say.  I wonder who he was thinking of bringing in to replace him.

The fact that some people are angry that the club wouldn’t cough up an extra £1m or so to an agent as if it was peanuts is baffling. Did anyone actually watch the first half on Tuesday?

No-one is angry about standing up to agents. People are rightly annoyed that everything was left to the last minute. Figures could have been formalised months ago if we were actually serious about making the signing.

Exactly right, this is what I've been saying. We've been after Besic for weeks, was today the first time we started talking money? I find that so hard to believe.

Did we seriously expect Millwall to accept an offer for their best two players this afternoon? Or was it a case of saying to our fans, look we are trying.

If the club needs to rely on loans then fair enough come out and say it.

As already mentioned we've had this for years, statements about we're gonna do this and that at season ticket time. I remember the statement about getting a world class manager to replace McClaren and we ended up giving the job to one of the players.

Just feel like the fans deserved a little win today, after the weeks of disappointments in transfers... Save £500k on agents fees, but what if the apathy from the stands creeps into the players. What if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Pulis leaves?

I don't know, maybe it's just because everything is going wrong for me today football related or otherwise. I'll probably wake up tomorrow with renewed optimism :)

I think the fans need to realise what we can do without these big name players as shown at Millwall and Sheff Utd. Our support at Millwall no doubt helped them get back a point. If fans start getting on the back of the team its laughable I think.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

That very average Millwall side is the exact side that finished only 4 points behind us and they've lost no players. Have some perspective ffs. :funny:

So being outplayed by a team that finished behind us last season is a good thing?

When we where without Adama and Gibson I think a 2-2 draw isn't all that bad. Ayala also injured along with McNair our new signing. They had the exact same team, ours will take time to adjust and gel and we'll get flying.

The whole thing stinks in my opinion. Honestly just feel massively disappointed and feel our fans have been conned and let down.

I understand your personal disappointment but as a fan I feel in no way have I been conned nor let down. We still have 3 weeks to get deals done.

+1

I think differently and thought today was purely a pantomime, put on to appease some supporters. A truly laughable day.

Each to their own, some people are optimists and like to see their glass is half full. Others are pessimists and see their glass is half empty.Then there are those who think that their glass is full of sh!t that was put there by Pulis/Gibson/Bauser on purpose the b@st@rds

Beardy I am the biggest Boro optimist since my Dad, who put a bet on that we’d win the double (the year we got to both finals and lost!).

But how else can you explain our strategy today? Making derisory bids for Millwall’s and QPR’s best players and leaving the Besic negotiations until 4:55pm?

We’re clearly weaker than when we started the window, despite having funds to make acquisitions.

Because every team in this league is better than Sheff Utd? They only finished 7 points behind us last season. Can't please some fans.

Yeah but that team on Tuesday night was nothing like the one we played against in either game last season to be fair.

A bit deflated to be honest, it's pretty obvious we need strengthening all over the pitch. I know we played well the other night but I still think we're well short of being a promotion team.

I'm finding it hard to understand that we've left it until today to start talking numbers with clubs and agents. I know things will probably improve over the next few weeks but I'd rather not rely on too many loan players ideally.

What's your thoughts?

If there was a shrugging smilie I'd use that.  We'll sign some players on loan no doubt.  I assume Pulis got a striker he's happy with in Hugill.  He clearly wanted another central midfielder in if the bids for the Millwall players were correct and the obvious attempt to sign Besic.  So I would then also assume he's not happy with our midfield despite having bought McNair.  I guess we'll be getting a defender from somewhere as well.

I think the most interesting thing, if it is true, is that Pulis was actively looking to get rid of Traore.  The clause may have tied our hands regarding the fee but if he was actually looking to sell him all along that would be a bit of a turn up for a few people I dare say.  I wonder who he was thinking of bringing in to replace him.

I find it very hard to believe he was actively trying to sell Adama. Of course it could be true but maybe he was trying to get the best deal, meaning paying more than the release clause which I don't think anyway is really sure how Wolves paid for him.

When we where without Adama and Gibson I think a 2-2 draw isn't all that bad. Ayala also injured along with McNair our new signing. They had the exact same team, ours will take time to adjust and gel and we'll get flying.

We got a 2-2 draw but anyone watching that game could see we didn’t deserve anything from that game. The 2 late goals papered over some major cracks. We were completely outplayed for practically the whole game.

i felt a little like the bedwetters after millwall went 2-0 up. fed up thought we were no better than midtable with this lot of plodders. but the players dug in and proved they have the fight. pulis made all the right changes at the right times(kranky never did that once, did he never mind come back from 0-2 down) i thought i'll back them they deserve it, we know our limitations, we'll work round them. then we took sheff utd apart with ease and strolled to a clean sheet. pulis identified tactically what changes were best. we have a clever manager and a pretty good team for this league. we'll be up there in may.

Are we also forgetting the fact that  Gibson subsidised the club to £1m a month before our single premier season.  Why shouldn’t he make sure we don’t go back to those days.

Couple of loans will fill in squad gaps

Yes some certainty today would have been preferable but it is hardly the end of the world

I saw an incredibly poor Sheffield United that made us look like Brazil.  I also saw Millwall tear us to pieces for 75/80 mins on Saturday.  

The current squad has zero width or creativity, we'll be sussed soon, and all will set up against us limiting us to long balls and set pieces.  Not ideal .

Sheffield United were very poor but we still scored 3 goals. Lighten up ffs.

Yeah you're right, we'll just ask to play them every week then .  FFS.

Sheff United & Millwall over achieved last season, and I'm confident they'll be in the bottom half of the league come May 2019.  So confident I'll bet you right here, £250 good enough want to take a screen shot if you agree?

Our complete inability to beat teams in the top 6 last year was a major factor of us not going up. You need quality against quality or you fall short.  Looking at our squad and the squads of others I reckon we'll fall short once again.

I'm supplying my honest opinion, and beaming light as a million candles, so don't need to lighten up FFS .

Yeah but that team on Tuesday night was nothing like the one we played against in either game last season to be fair.

Compared to the team we played at their ground it's only the keeper, a CB and ST different and we lost that day 2-1. We even had Traore, Gibson, Ayala and Besic playing that day.  :omg:

I find it very hard to believe he was actively trying to sell Adama. Of course it could be true but maybe he was trying to get the best deal, meaning paying more than the release clause which I don't think anyway is really sure how Wolves paid for him.

If Raf's info is correct then he was and we couldn't sell him for more than the release clause, his agent would see to that.

What's your thoughts?

I can only assume he wanted to sell Traore to free up some funds, I suppose in theory it's better to sell one player to strengthen 2 or 3 positions.

If that's the case then it was always going to be a summer where Pulis was forced to sell before he could buy.

It's hard to imagine another scenario where he'd want to sell Traore, he clearly sounded very fond of him when he was interviewed in midweek.

We all joke about him signing loads of 6 footers but Pulis usually has pace and energy coming from his wide players, I'm sure he'll be as dissapointed as most of us tonight not to get them.

I find it very difficult to believe Pulis wanted him to go. Maybe wanted some more money to spend and/or wanted a deal for Traore done ASAP so he had more time to replace him but that's slightly different than just wanting him moved on. Everyone can see Pulis took Traore under his wing and made him happier and a better player as a result. And besides, we're lead to believe we offered him a new contract too. Seems a bit contradictory to be actively trying to keep and move on the exact same player at the same time.